Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Dreamscape Epic Destiny Feat Now Gives Ravenloft Hints.

So I have a toon with the dreamscape feat. (It was the only one they qualified for at the time that looked at all useful)

Today I used it just for kicks and moused over the temporary buff it gives.

There is a bunch of new flavor text talking about mists, a castle in the distance, circled wagons and an old lady showing you tarot cards. (It's quite long but I haven't tried to transcribe it.)

I'm about 50/50 on if this is a bug or intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So I have a toon with the dreamscape feat. (It was the only one they qualified for at the time that looked at all useful)

Today I used it just for kicks and moused over the temporary buff it gives.

There is a bunch of new flavor text talking about mists, a castle in the distance, circled wagons and an old lady showing you tarot cards. (It's quite long but I haven't tried to transcribe it.)

I'm about 50/50 on if this is a bug or intentional.

I think the first item referenced is a replacement of something that would otherwise have been used. I know exactly what the 2nd and 3rd item referenced are but won't spoil it here.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    and an old lady showing you tarot cards.
    Not to nitpick, but they're technically Tarokka cards

Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Not to nitpick, but they're technically Tarokka cards
    I briefly DM'd Ravenloft. Not much, it was a long time ago and the players wanted to go back to Dragonlance. That is another discussion and would be years away unless WotC eases up a bit. IMHO Dragonlance is hella fun.

I believe it is intentional. I mean, a dreamscape is a 'dream' right? He's coming for us! haha

About the second bit... Ravenloft is awesome and amazing. I just really doubt it translates into an mmo. Not even sure it translates well to single player game.
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Heh. I'm glad someone finally found this! It's been hiding in Dreamscape for over a year now, getting longer and more elaborate in every patch.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

The mists will bring our weapons to life!
    Vishantii (priest of the silver flame)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Silver Flame Jokers

weird—I have this dream in RL all the time but I am the lady with the cards and it is a monkey that visits me. And I am male. Is it my diet?
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Heh. I'm glad someone finally found this! It's been hiding in Dreamscape for over a year now, getting longer and more elaborate in every patch.
    We'd have found it sooner if the feat were actually useful and not a pain to use.

Community Member

Interesting, because I just recently did a fairly exhaustive mouse-over + screenshot of the Audience with the Queen buffs to try to see if the wiki had all of the possibilities. Just parked at a barkeep to refresh my rests and with an automatic critical success.* And they had only the base buff detail, and none of the Dreamscape detail shown above. And I didn't find any new AWtQ results, so either the wiki has them all or any unlisted ones are very rare, as in a fraction of a percentage chance.

* Although now that I think about it farming keys with Night-Black Coffee going might be a decent alternative.

EDIT: Nope, at only 10 mins and 19DDOP per coffee that's a bit too expensive for a 3-4 hour experiment.
    Last edited by Niminae; 11-04-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Community Member

You guys! xD

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post

I think the first item referenced is a replacement of something that would otherwise have been used. I know exactly what the 2nd and 3rd item referenced are but won't spoil it here.
    I think the armored man is not Straud. He disdains the use of armor. I think that that image may very well be Lord Soth, from Krynn. btw, did you know? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reHLHGyQnM
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    weird—I have this dream in RL all the time...
    Mee too! But...Im on top of a ziggurat in Sun god robes and there are thousands of naked female orcs throwing those little dill pickles at me.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    weird—I have this dream in RL all the time but I am the lady with the cards and it is a monkey that visits me. And I am male. Is it my diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    Mee too! But...Im on top of a ziggurat in Sun god robes and there are thousands of naked female orcs throwing those little dill pickles at me.

As someone with a psychology degree, I feel fully qualified to go, "Hmmmmmmm........"

I read it before, and my first thought was 'wow, someone really put a lot of time into this one description'. Like Krelar, I took it because it was the most applicable thing on the list at the time, and I'm still experimenting to find the best use for it. If it had a built-in effect to truly shed agro when activated, it would be perfect. Baddies tend to linger around swinging at air for the duration.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post
    As someone with a psychology degree, I feel fully qualified to go, "Hmmmmmmm........"
    This thread is delivering.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    I think the armored man is not Straud. He disdains the use of armor. I think that that image may very well be Lord Soth, from Krynn. btw, did you know? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reHLHGyQnM
    I recall someone at Turbine (pre-SSG) mentioning that Dragonlance has separate copyrights, and Turbine is not allowed to use any Dragonlance material. Unless SSG managed to change this, I do not expect to see Lord Soth.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    There is no way it's Lord Soth.. They DO NOT have rights to us Dragonlance, and that is a big old mess with regards to rights of it. I highly doubt we will ever see Dragonlance in DDO, or anything anytime soon. The time and money it would take to weave throught the legal rights would be a nightmare to say the least.

The armored man is probably not Strahd but could be one of the other Dark lords that make up the lands of Barovia.
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    They're just waiting for you to perfect your 'sunbeam' weapon, to appease the high scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    I briefly DM'd Ravenloft. Not much, it was a long time ago and the players wanted to go back to Dragonlance. That is another discussion and would be years away unless WotC eases up a bit. IMHO Dragonlance is hella fun.
    Tracy Hickman wrote both Dragonlance and Ravenloft, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast