Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Congratulations xjac / Lurica! Great to see that more stealthy players pass this ultimate challenge.
    Spellburst, Toikos, Phylantrios (Argo)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Great! Is that Lurica as full name? Which server?
    Yes, server is Ghallanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellburst View Post
    Congratulations xjac / Lurica! Great to see that more stealthy players pass this ultimate challenge.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xjac View Post
    Yes, server is Ghallanda.
    I just sent him a PM; please let me know when or if you get it!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I just sent him a PM; please let me know when or if you get it!
    Yes, I got it. Thank you.

Shyntrae, the Invisible Seeker...

Level 15: The Fallen Albatross: The Crucible, solo; hirelings permitted. No other conditions.

Again, I used the Lamannia server, so I could 'Unlock Elite' but other than that it's the exact same default first life build, etc. I've only soloed the Crucible in the past about two or three times in total and possibly only been within a PUG for 'the Crucible' maybe less than ten times. Furthermore due to my disability, I tend to get disorientated within 3-D mazelike quests. So it took me about 1 hour to navigate the lower maze section...

Then I ended up experiencing some kind of minor game glitch/latency when trying to haste sprint run; to turn the 'Puzzle wheels' on a few occasions. That caused me to fall straight down into the lower maze about three times...

Although now I know what symbol to set ALL the Wheels to so I can use the Count: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 methodologies without fail. The Puzzle Wheels themselves don't reset, so you have to turn them ALL to the initial "F" symbol if you want to reattempt using the 0-6 count method alone. I had much more success trying the count method. For some peculiar reason I didn't get the symbol matching method to work whereas the count method has never failed me.

Anyway, Shyntrae was accompanied by legendary Hireling Larafay Do'rret "the Drow bomb machine". ;-)

I didn't bother using any of her magical skills until on the upper maze. I'd cleared most of the Gnoll casters but by the time I'd got down to the last five Gnolls (when I was on upper maze walls). The last Gnolls began spamming stuns and I was knocked prone. So rather than risk a "stupid death" I got Larafay to nuke the last five on the upper maze. Until then she had solely been a "Lever puller".

Then it wasn't until the "Final corridor" ambushes that had several Champions causing mischief that I used her as backup rather than risk being weakened by spells and squished. Had I been more familiar with that part of the quest, I would have possibly been able to thin out the mobs better there, but it was a little like a choke point, with my back to the water and I didn't want to retreat.

Even though I had done the "Optionals" to weaken the NPCs before the 'Final Boss fight' I let her have free rein in the last fight. As I didn't want to risk being overwhelmed due to my limited experience of soloing the Crucible. Albeit I'm fairly sure I would have survived the "Boss Fight" without her. Since my competitors were in a 'weakened state' and their CR does't scale in Heroics. Hence they were far easier than the mobs in the last final passage leading to the "Storm's Fist champions in the Arena".

Other than getting totally disorientated in the 'lower maze' and then falling back down into the maze a few times due to glitches. I was progressing smoothly throughout. Since I'm not that familiar with the quest and was making notes it took considerable time but I came out alive with no deaths. I could have easily let Larafay lay waste to mobs but I reined her in (Passive) to be only used at about two emergency situations.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 11-08-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Solo.

Level 14: The Liberator: Blockade Buster, all optionals, kill all captains (no limits on kills)

Again, I used the Lamannia server, so I could 'Unlock Elite' but other than that it's the exact same build, etc. The only difference is I TR'ed her rather than deleting the Character (to be a lower level) she was Level 15 yesterday. She needed to be 14 or below for: Blockade Buster. I kept all the build choices as close, as possible, to the default 'The Dark Blade' path so it's basically the same Drow.

However, I must have forgotten to Level her up to 14 so she was only Character Level: 13.

The Level 14 was Tempys Lorben and I just parked him on the NPC raft to give me an easy source of Death Ward at the beginning (if you are familiar with the quest you'll know Death Ward is useful for the Gnoll Capt. fight). Tempys, wasn't involved in mission, etc. If it had been on my home server; I could have quaffed a Potion of Death Ward instead.

I did two 'dry runs' and in the first "Lobo the Bloody" managed to raise the alarm. In the second dry run for some reason there was a message about the 'Vengeance' noticing me. However, that was after I had escaped through the underwater hatches. Possibly a false positive as the Optional hadn't been failed (as far as I could see). But just in case there was some weird glitch; I decided to reset that instance rather than wait until the end.

The Ship order I choose to tackle was: Bloodlust, Vengeance and Carnage. I've only done this quest about three times in the past. Therefore wasn't that familiar with the ship layouts.

Captain Lobo the Bloody of the Bloodlust; seemed to be the hardest foe to defeat. Maybe because he kept casting or howling (Bluff was used to distract him from his alarm bell). I didn't bother Assassinating any of his crew as most of them were asleep anyway.

Captain Ghol Kaaz of the Vengeance; he seemed a lot easier to deal with. I possibly Assassinated two of his crew on deck and maybe one or two Kobolds. His Kobold Crew were working late and more regimented. I setup a distraction for them and swiftly escaped through a side hatch.

Captain Bash of the Carnage; was outside on the Poop deck. So rather than risk any commotion on deck, I silently slipped onto the ship and slit the throats of all the crew that were on "sentry duty" before tackling the overgrown brute.

The [Carnage] Mine Kobolds were just milling around; it's not until you actually click upon the dialogue for making the remote detonators they'll "aggravate" if you're still being stealthy. So I quickly selected the two options from the 'dialogue box' while the Kobolds manning it, tried to hit me - I just evaded their swings and fled through the nearest hatch.

So I actually Assassinated: 13 monsters in total. The rest all went: KABOOM!

My heart was beating fairy fast on a few occasions as I nearly accidently hit a sleeping crewman when trying to retrieve a Crest that was resting by his feet. Plus there were a few close shaves with being nearly spotted (mostly in the cargo holds where you cannot as easily predict riled Kobold behaviour). Although once was when my Assassinate swing was mistimed and just hit thin air - risking repercussion. I actually managed to kill all the regular mobs with "1-hit" apart from one, but I still swiftly silenced him.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 11-08-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Another ship in the bottle. Has got no place to sail.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post

Level 14: The Liberator: Blockade Buster, all optionals, kill all captains (no limits on kills)

Again, I used the Lamannia server, so I could 'Unlock Elite' but other than that it's the exact same build, etc. The only difference is I TR'ed her rather than deleting the Character (to be a lower level) she was Level 15 yesterday. She needed to be 14 or below for: Blockade Buster. I kept all the build choices as close, as possible, to the default 'The Dark Blade' path so it's basically the same Drow.

However, I must have forgotten to Level her up to 14 so she was only Character Level: 13.

The Level 14 was Tempys Lorben and I just parked him on the NPC raft to give me an easy source of Deathward at the beginning (if you are familiar with the quest you'll know Deathward is useful for the Gnoll Capt. fight). Tempys, wasn't involved in mission, etc. If it had been on my home server; I could have quaffed a Potion of Deathward instead.

I did two 'dry runs' and in the first "Lobo the Bloody" managed to raise the alarm. In the second dry run for some reason there was a message about the 'Vengeance' noticing me. However, that was after I had escaped through the underwater hatches. Possibly a false positive as the Optional hadn't been failed (as far as I could see). But just in case there was some weird glitch; I decided to reset that instance rather than wait until the end.

The Ship order I choose to tackle was: Bloodlust, Vengeance and Carnage. I've only done this quest about three times in the past. Therefore wasn't that familiar with the ship layouts.

Captain Lobo the Bloody of the Bloodlust; seemed to be the hardest foe to defeat. Maybe because he kept casting or howling (Bluff was used to distract him from his alarm bell). I didn't bother Assassinating any of his crew as most of them were asleep anyway.

Captain Ghol Kaaz of the Vengeance; he seemed a lot easier to deal with. I possibly Assassinated two of his crew on deck and maybe one or two Kobolds. His Kobold Crew were working late and more regimented. I setup a distraction for them and swiftly escaped through a side hatch.

Captain Bash of the Carnage; was outside on the Poop deck. So rather than risk any commotion on deck, I silently slipped onto the ship and slit the throats of all the crew that were on "sentry duty" before tackling the overgrown brute.

The [Carnage] Mine Kobolds were just milling around; it's not until you actually click upon the dialogue for making the remote detonators they'll "aggravate" if you're still being stealthy. So I quickly selected the two options from the 'dialogue box' while the Kobolds manning it, tried to hit me - I just evaded their swings and fled through the nearest hatch.

So I actually Assassinated: 13 monsters in total. The rest all went: KABOOM!

My heart was beating fairy fast on a few occasions as I nearly accidently hit a sleeping crewman when trying to retrieve a Crest that was resting by his feet. Plus there were a few close shaves with being nearly spotted (mostly in the cargo holds where you cannot as easily predict riled Kobold behaviour). Although once was when my Assassinate swing was mistimed and just hit thin air - risking repercussion. I actually managed to kill all the regular mobs with "1-hit" apart from one, but I still swiftly silenced him.
    Nice work! An old gauntlet challenge! They ought to give xp for blowing up the captains that you don't kill!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122