Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Shyntrae, the Invisible Seeker...

It's still the exact same Rogue Assassin because I level-up slower than a sloth...

Level 8: The Assassination of Rowan Watzun from Shadow_Jumper (Hsoftl), 10 kills max, no traps, no prisoners freed. Update 1: kill only from Spellburst. Update 2: no kills from Saekee.

I completed the Spies in the House within 30 minutes so it was rather speedy for me as I'm not at all familiar with the quest's 'advancement' mechanics past the first area, and I don't enjoy being flung around by air jets so its a quest I've only run a handful of times before at Epic.

I wanted to try and see if I could avoid any actual kills; on my first "test run" I failed by being fried, on the electric floor with the Air Elemental. I failed by a split-second to get back onto one of the crates. With the second attempt of the quest I was successful. :-)

[More to Follow...]
    Nice work! Congratz! This is the REAL hardcore!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Shyntrae, the Invisible Seeker...

It's still the exact same Rogue Assassin on Lamannia...

Level 9: The Insurrectionist, Redux: Gwylan's Stand, kill only the officers and complete quest (5 kills max)

For Gwylan's Stand, I was finding it fairly easy to use stealth when outdoors, and within the 'Troll Cave' with the rust monster pets. Therefore disposing of: Vargo Bodybreaker, Yarlbur, Crippler Bigfoot and Suropox was a straightforward task and not particularly difficult. If I had wanted; I could have lured most of them into traps (to kill them) without any problem. Since those four 'Mercenary Lieutenants' were easy enough to deal with. >;-)

Later, I decided after killing those four "Leaders" via stealthy means. I'd to try getting a huge 'Misadventure' count by luring as many mobs, as I possibly could, into traps and single-handedly decimate the enemy's forces. The trap with the flames was most effective; since the generic Trolls are weak against fire, it makes quick work out of them and leaves no trace but charred bones.

The Thuranni ranger, Lyardiir Arrowfel, made an unexpected appearance. Since he was a ranked (rare named), ne'er-do-well, I thought it perfectly acceptable I'd permitted to personally kill him. Even though it would have only take a few seconds to feed him to the spinning blade trap - waste disposal unit. ;-)

Until then everything was mostly running smoothly... :D

Noticeably I did get "stuck" between crates on two occasions and my only option was to use the: /stuck command on one occasion (see screenshot of me stuck surfing in the air on the lowest create near the canvas and wall).

Its only when I entered Zared Mightyhoof's lair things started to go "ill" for me. I had easily emptied all eight of the stashed cylinders into House Thuranni's supply crates and barbecued most of the trash on the entire map, prior to entering the North Complex. Then I got stuck; lodged between crates, when attempting to pull Zared Mightyhoof. Since I was on Lamannia, with a Rogue I basically don't play on the 'live severs' except for this 'Stealth Challenge' I hadn't bothered to get her level appropriate weapons or Bluff gear. She's only Level 7, in the real world, with only 'Starter gear' and no Tomes whatsoever, etc.

I think the Bluff misfired and might have attracted a nearby Champion Elf Priest as there were several Champions in that complex area surrounding him. The problem I then had was; several Champion Elf Priests were healing him nearly as fast as I could manage to reduce his health. So by the time I had reduced him to about 20% health, they'd healed him to full. :-/

So it then became a nightmare trying to target him, with all sorts of vagabonds running around like ants, defending a disturbed ant's nest. It wouldn't have been so bad if I could guarantee I wouldn't accidentally hit another target. But, basically I had to keep avoiding dozens of spells and took a few attempts at re-entering the Northern complex building to heal myself.

Because of the near catastrophe, within Zared Mightyhoof's dwelling itself the quest ended up taking close to: 2 hours to complete. Of course a lot of that time was making sure everything (none named) moving that I could potentially eliminate with Traps was achieved. So until the point of dealing with Zared himself, it was great fun and quite easy manipulating the mobs, etc. I suspect the Champion combination was a great part of reason I couldn't really wear him down fast enough.

I was a somewhat disappointed that some of the traps noticeably the: Poison Trap (West Complex) and the Cold Traps (North Complex) only seemed to have a limited amount of times they'd actually fire before they run out (dried up) and cease to do any further damage. I was hoping to get some further sneaky 'Misadventures' from those two trapped areas. :-(

Alas Minotaur Beef burgers are back on the menu thanks to Shyntrae. ;-)
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 08-22-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Gimme five, gimme five, no jive, gimme five.

Default Maraud the Mines

Getting around the fire gnoll took some time.

Maraud the Mines (video)

Last edited by xjac; 09-11-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Default Frame Work

This is probably the only quest that getting to the boss it the easy part.
    Frame Work video

Quote Originally Posted by xjac View Post
    This is probably the only quest that getting to the boss it the easy part.
    Frame Work video

nice work! Glad you are still at it! And Dorris is back AGAIN in the new quest series! Her dialogue is really unparalleled in this quest though
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Default Blockade Buster

The door trick is amazing, and it took a while for me to realize I can actually assassinate the kobold in front of the panel in bloodlust.
    Can probably do better on the Carnage one if I lure away via noisemaker, but whatever.

video

The door trick is amazing, and it took a while for me to realize I can actually assassinate the kobold in front of the panel in bloodlust.
    Can probably do better on the Carnage one if I lure away via noisemaker, but whatever.

video

congratz on one of the best quests in the game, ruined by reaper mode!

Default The Crucible

(video)

Got stuck a couple of times in the lower maze because I un-targetted the vales.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    congratz on one of the best quests in the game, ruined by reaper mode!

Probably have better chance not to raise the alarm by rushing in and kill everything before they get to it.

Default Through a Mirror Darkly

This one is not hard if I let a few dungeon alert go, but you really need to be lucky to go through the whole map not being noticed at all.

The mobs are random and sometimes they just happened to be in the same location for both normal and shadow realm, forcing you to use noisemaker, otherwise you can't open door without being noticed.
    In the room where Auralace is, she has true-sight (at least for me on my first try) and will instant notice you if you try to shift in. The only way I found to go in not being noticed is by sneaking past the shadows in the shadow realm (by sticking to the right wall). But sometimes the shadows spawn very close to the wall, so noisemaker is required to lure them away from the wall (I did this successfully in the video). Sometimes long after you get past the area (got the orb and moving to next area), the shadow will suddenly catch up and come after you, so I usually do a shift to normal realm and back to remove any possible aggro.

There's also one door that spawns mob on you when you open it (random, not always); it's the northeast corner room on second floor (the one that has one door already open in normal realm), the door leading to the stairway can spawn mob for both normal and shadow realm (one or more mob will be facing your way, so it's instant notice). So far I haven't figure out how to get pass this except being lucky and not having them spawn when I open that door.
    The stairway afterward can also be troublesome as it can spawn spellward and patrolling mobs, making it even harder to sneak through as noisemaker will only grab their attention for a short while.

The last room (the room with a lot of shadow in shadow realm) actually took me several tries, probably because I became uncautious knowing I am nearing the end.

video

Last edited by xjac; 09-21-2019 at 08:31 PM.

nice! You should be just about done?!?

Default The Mask of Deception

video

Two more to go.

video

Two more to go.
    Good luck! One of the last of the contestants, awakens my nostalgia

Default Good Intention

Default Schemes of the Enemy

Last edited by xjac; 09-28-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Wow you went far into the quest to get the count! I am impressed, nice vid

Wow you went far into the quest to get the count! I am impressed, nice vid
    Thanks. I actually used more han 100 heal scrolls, hahaha.

Thank you foe creating this stealthly challenge. It was a lot of furtastuations and resets, but in the end the enjoyment from smoothly weaving across mobs and the feel of accomplishment was worth it.

Thanks. I actually used more han 100 heal scrolls, hahaha.

Thank you foe creating this stealthly challenge. It was a lot of furtastuations and resets, but in the end the enjoyment from smoothly weaving across mobs and the feel of accomplishment was worth it.
    Congratulations on finishing! You can even post a link to your profile in the achievements thread if you like as a separate horn-tooting! Do you have a title for your toon now to add in the OP?

Cordovan offered a cheap Shen's Robe if you want it for completion (I never claimed mine...). I think contestants merit vastly more but personal achievement is everything IMHO

Congratulations on finishing! You can even post a link to your profile in the achievements thread if you like as a separate horn-tooting! Do you have a title for your toon now to add in the OP?

Cordovan offered a cheap Shen's Robe if you want it for completion (I never claimed mine...). I think contestants merit vastly more but personal achievement is everything IMHO
    Yes, I will take the Shen's Robe if it's still available, I could really make use of the hide and ms boost at lower level.

The codename for my toon will be: Ghost

Does the Ghost really exist? No one has ever seen the Ghost, those who did, died. Many have claimed to have seen the Ghost, but it is only a glimpse of the moving shadow, and they mistook it as their own imagination at the time. Some say he is a halfling male who is capable of contorting his body in unimaginable ways, and can fit into tiny crawl spaces that regular halfling would have to chop off an arm or leg to do so. Some say the Ghost is a talented wizard, not only able to conceal sound of movements, also able to turn valves without breaking invisibility. Some say the Ghost is a group of professionals working together, you can never trust whom you're working with is not one of them. Some say the Ghost is highly skilled in making disguises, even one's long time wife cannot differentiate the real person from the imposer if placed in the same room. One thing is for sure, the Ghost can penetrate the tightest patrols, breaking through the most reinforced walls, and assassinate the target quietly and uneventfully.

Great! Is that Lurica as full name? Which server?
    Yes, I will take the Shen's Robe if it's still available, I could really make use of the hide and ms boost at lower level.

The codename for my toon will be: Ghost

Does the Ghost really exist? No one has ever seen the Ghost, those who did, died. Many have claimed to have seen the Ghost, but it is only a glimpse of the moving shadow, and they mistook it as their own imagination at the time. Some say he is a halfling male who is capable of contorting his body in unimaginable ways, and can fit into tiny crawl spaces that regular halfling would have to chop off an arm or leg to do so. Some say the Ghost is a talented wizard, not only able to conceal sound of movements, also able to turn valves without breaking invisibility. Some say the Ghost is a group of professionals working together, you can never trust whom you're working with is not one of them. Some say the Ghost is highly skilled in making disguises, even one's long time wife cannot differentiate the real person from the imposer if placed in the same room. One thing is for sure, the Ghost can penetrate the tightest patrols, breaking through the most reinforced walls, and assassinate the target quietly and uneventfully.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast