Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ravenloft Preview #1: Announcement Thread

(EDIT: This preview is now open. Refer to the following thread for details: Here)

Hello, all!

Our current schedule has the first preview of the upcoming expansion pack going live on Lamannia at some point next week (hopefully by Wednesday). We will give out more exact schedule information when we get closer to the event and have a more clear picture of when it will be going live but wanted to get the word out now that mid next week will be your first chance to preview the expansion. This will be the first of atleast two preview passes for the expansion. The first pass is expected to contain the following features:

• The Land of Barovia Wilderness Area
    • All 3 public spaces.
    • 9 Dungeons
    • The bulk of the non-raid named items (but not all!)
    • The Racial AP Tome

For the sake of clarity, the first preview pass is NOT expected to include the following features:

• Any Raids.
    • The remaining 3 Dungeons
    • Sentient Weapons
    • Favor Rewards
    • Raid Loot
    • Landscape specific loot
    • Teleport to Barovia Item
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 11-07-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Changing the name for clarity now that the other threads are open.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default No Sentient Weapons preview??

Extremely disappointed.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Post Mmm...interesting...

3 public squares ... but was not it just one? mmm at what point I think I can imagine what public areas can be ... I hope that's what I think ..., the leader of the Vistani ... the baroque town ... and the Ravenloft Castle the outer entrance area ... possible but ... maybe not, but suppose the 3 zones are these ... each zone has 3 quests + 1 which unlocks perhaps completing the 3 quedt of a zone, which would make it similar to the MotU expansion , 3 quests + one per zone ... I hope I got hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Extremely disappointed.
    I'm fine! and only the first beta, do you think that in the first beta of mordor on Lotro, have the alliance system put in place 1° beta? I've made them all 4-6 beta and I can tell you that the alliance system in the first preview was not here so they will do the same thing, and then what you complain about is to test the first 9 quests at least so you can understand and interpret the mechanism of the chane and how the quests and wilde are structured.
    Last edited by Fenix93; 11-01-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Landscape specific loot
    what does this mean?

Post My Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    what does this mean?
    my own and only a theory but taking a look at the Cursed of Strahd Barovia manual and a huge earth and the story unfolds all over that area, many places then and areas are in the area ... I'm convinced that there will be several encounters who have the chance but it is time to droop the named loot ... chissa ... but having seen some things in the CoS manual i ... i can not say much ... the only thing I'm curious to see is ... ip Taroka deck system is implemented, as it is one of the basic mechanisms of the campaign.

personally I am looking forward to mulling over the "sh1t load" of items for ravenloft even without sentient and raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Extremely disappointed.
    Senitent Weapons should come in a later Lamannia pass. By having Lamannia this early there will definitely be a second one, likely a third.
    Breaking boxes since 2011
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Thank you for timing this after Revels is over, one won't detract from the other.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Thumbs up Exact

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    Senitent Weapons should come in a later Lamannia pass. By having Lamannia this early there will definitely be a second one, likely a third.
    but in fact they will have done the same thing with mordor, before the quest then the content, it seems to me a fairer reason than we should face it if we want to unlock the raid me yes, and I guess the chane will look like MoTU as progression.

I'd like a significant trailer. How about that?
    Beste, Titus. Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder ||

Cant wait, It will be nice to see what sort of mobs we have to face as I can then decide what I'm going to do with Ozzgood after I have finished my last Aasimar life (tomorrow latest and back to racial completionist) and the 3 Racial Aasimar lives.
    I realy, realy hope that we have enough time to play so that you can iron out the bugs before release as we do not want another Menace of the Underdark type raid that took forever to fix.
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 33., Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 17., Ozzugly 39, 36, 15, 33., EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    They said they weren't going to do that as it cost way to much to create for amount of advertising that they really got.

They tried a cheap version for LoTRO, but it didn't go over well.

Default New Bundles preview?

Will the preview have the real expansion purchase bundles. The ones that don't screw over VIPS and aren't filled with garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Will the preview have the real expansion purchase bundles. The ones that don't screw over VIPS and aren't filled with garbage?
    If memory servers me right from when they did MOTU then you will get free access to the content (Lamannia only) and nothing else.
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 33., Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 17., Ozzugly 39, 36, 15, 33., EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Nope, usually you have to see a psychologist to handle that type of neurosis .

Haven't been able to log in since u36 would be nice to be able to see some of the new content

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Nope, usually you have to see a psychologist to handle that type of neurosis .
    Did it work? I am not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Only if the trailer doesn't take that many resources. I have no interest in a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    Only if the trailer doesn't take that many resources. I have no interest in a trailer.
    Trailers? We have guildships, plus trailers aren't in any DnD content that I know of...

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Default Yay!! Eeek!!!

What about Vet 3? Level 10? will this feature be in this preview?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast