Thread: War-Staff Build

Default War-Staff Build

This build is a staff build since stuff has changed around a bit and they are somewhat viable now.

This build is ment to be a dps evasion kind of toon with some healing for self and a little bit of group healing. You'll probly be able to do traps but dont need to really, more of an option.

12 Fvs 5 Rogue 3 Monk
    Aasimar or human, Aureon diety path, wisdom to dmg in ocean stance

Stats
    Str - 14
    Dex - 12
    Con 16
    Int - 8
    Wis - 18-20
    Cha - 8

Levels
    1 Fvs - Power attack - Aureon diety
    2 Fvs - Knowledge of battle
    3 Monk - Cleave, Toughness
    4 Monk - THF, +1 to Wis
    5 Monk - Fists of light
    6 Rogue - Greater cleave
    7 Rogue
    8 Rogue - +1 to Wis
    9 Rogue - Quicken
    10 Rogue
    11 Fvs - Child of Aureon
    12 Fvs - ITHF, +1 to Wis
    13 Fvs
    14 Fvs - Aureon instruction
    15 Fvs - GTHF, Stout of heart
    16 Fvs - +1 to Wis
    17 Fvs
    18 Fvs - Improved critical - Bludgeon
    19 Fvs
    20 Fvs - Beloved of Aureon
    21 - Epic toguhness
    24 - Overwhelming critical
    26 - PTHF
    27 - Quicken
    28 - Tactitian
    29 - Dire charge
    30 - Scion of Limbo, Celestia or Astral plane, (up to you) - Empower heal

Gear
    Helm - Legendary executioners helm
    Necklace - Legendary pendant of the warriors focus
    Trinket - Epic litany
    Cloak - Cloak of night (28) or Legendary mantle of the dwarven commander
    Belt - Legendary many-pouched belt of the healer - or - Legendary animated rope - or - Slavers belt (45 sheltering, 14 resistance, stunning 20, +16 false life - Might)
    Ring 1 - Legendary Chieftan
    Ring 2 - Legendary ring of prowess
    Gloves - Gauntlets of the aggressor - or - Guntlets of immortality
    Boots - Cerulean Guard or Slavers shackles (17 con, 185 devotion, 22 heal, +4 con - Might)
    Bracers - Slavers shackles (68 False life, deception, Tendon slice, quality prr - Might)
    Goggles - LGS (Hps goggles)
    Armor - Outfit of the celestial guardian
    Quarterstaff - LGS (Vacum)

Trees
    T-A - 38 points (all tier 5's)
    Warpriest - 24 points
    Hensin mystic - 17 points (up to light the candle)
    Shintao - 1 point

This build is a work in progress, the gear cn be changed around and ive yet to make it to see all its fields of experience.
    Perfect piking pickle ~ Guild: Raven Nation ~ Zwizzle

Default wis to dam a little late

For Knowledge of Battle to work you need to have at least half your levels be Fav so you might want to stagger them in as you add the other classes. the way you have it now you won't get Wis to Dam+Att until level 16.
    So maybe some thing like F,F,M,R,F,R,F,R,F,R,F,R,F,M,F,M,F-to 20 this will keep Knowledge of Battle going and still get T5 TA at lev 12.

On Arggo head of the "WoodShadows" guild looking for a laid back play for fun new recruits
    For Build help or any other ?'s hit me up here Kent's custom Character Builds
    The Character Planer I use can be found here DDO Character Planner by Ordinary

Default one more thing

As I look this over I see you have the THF line, and epic Toughness. I must assume you have tomes because your starting Str is 14 and you need 15 for THF and 17 for ITHF so at lest a +3 Str tome is needed to do this build as is. The same for epic Toughness you start with 16 Con you need 21 for that so a +5 Con tome. Just pointing this out for anyone else trying your build running into this kind of thing can be frustrating.

On Arggo head of the "WoodShadows" guild looking for a laid back play for fun new recruits
    For Build help or any other ?'s hit me up here Kent's custom Character Builds
    The Character Planer I use can be found here DDO Character Planner by Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Kentpb View Post
    For Knowledge of Battle to work you need to have at least half your levels be Fav so you might want to stagger them in as you add the other classes. the way you have it now you won't get Wis to Dam+Att until level 16.
    So maybe some thing like F,F,M,R,F,R,F,R,F,R,F,R,F,M,F,M,F-to 20 this will keep Knowledge of Battle going and still get T5 TA at lev 12.
    True, didn't think of that, the level order doesn't really matter so what ever lvl order someone takes is up to them, need to work on this thread a bit more to mini max it info wise. thx for the heads up
    Perfect piking pickle ~ Guild: Raven Nation ~ Zwizzle

Quote Originally Posted by dumpty85 View Post
    the level order doesn't really matter...
    Heresy.

Between Enhancements, Skills, Feat pre-reqs and Class Abilities, Level order is key on almost every MC build (save for Iconics, and even then). Can make all the diff between a build that is a gimp for half its life, and a build that levels up strongly (or as strongly as possible) through all levels.

Always good to take your theory off the paper and at least run it through a character-checker.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5534437
    Last edited by C-Dog; 10-28-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumpty85 View Post
    12 Fvs 5 Rogue 3 Monk
    These days I would prefer monk 6 / rog 2 to R5/M3 so you can add Shadow Veil from Ninja and another +15 MP from Henshin (10 from core, 5 from Focus). The biggest downside is losing Sweeping Strikes, but you didn't build for knockdown DCs so it's not a huge loss, IMO. Unless you really wanted Vault or Spinning Staff Wall?
    1 Fvs - Power attack - Aureon diety
    Unless you have a super-good reason not to, always start with rogue for the extra skill pts.
    6 Rogue - Greater cleave
    FvS 2 + monk 3 + rog 1 = bab 3, which is too low to take Gt Cleave.
    18 Fvs - Improved critical - Bludgeon
    I always take my Imp Crit feat ASAP, which in this case is lvl 12 if I'm adding properly, which would delay ITHF and GTHF to lvls 15/18.
    27 - Quicken
    You already took this at lvl 9.

Apart from flavor, what are you gaining from going WIS-based on this build? You don't seem to have build for DCs on anything besides Dire Charge, which can be keyed to any stat.
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Unless you have a super-good reason not to, always start with rogue for the extra skill pts.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    FvS 2 + monk 3 + rog 1 = bab 3, which is too low to take Gt Cleave.
    Mah, but leveling order doesn't matter, OP said so!

@ OP - a Character Planner would have caught at least 2 of these. Highly recommended.