Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Manager

Argonnessen has reopened.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday, October 27th for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is being done to apply a back-end executable to our game servers, reboot the OS for Orien's master game server, and overall improve stability of the game environment through the weekend. When the worlds reopen, Night Revels will be enabled on all game worlds (in addition to the Buddy Boost). We will extend Argonnessen's Night Revels downtime, which we will have more info on at a later date.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will extend Argonnessen's Night Revels downtime, which we will have more info on at a later date.
    To be clear, your going to add time to Argonnessen's Night Revels availability or you're going to extend the downtime?
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Community Manager

The Night Revels has returned to Argonnessen. We will be extending the Night Revels on Argo, exact extension TBA (but prob something like at least a couple of days).
    Join us on Twitch!

nm
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

The vendor is linked to the event, so we can't have the vendor available but the event not.
    Which right here is a very good reason to have the vendors (including Euphonia's Barter and Hat Boxes, Anniversary, Winter Motes, etc.) up permanently somewhere, perhaps in the Hall of Heroes (they can be hanging around the gates to the various events). I can understand limiting gathering of materials... but is there really a good reason not to let us *buy* stuff with materials we already have? (Especially the BtC Mabar stuff; I still remember how annoyed I was to not get my brand new monk done in time to get some Wraps of Light for her from the first Mabar, and having to wait almost a full year for them.)

It's not exactly a rare occurrence to have a festival end unexpectedly early (HOW often did that happen with Mabar? Pretty much every year?) and have people left with ings and no way to spend them. Or to have something happen (family emergency, computer implode, etc.) that causes you not to log on the last few days of a festival when you were planning to do all your buying at once, after seeing how much you'd gathered... and again, be left holding the bag (full of ings that you now can't spend).
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Default until when will the Night Revels continue on Argo?

The Night Revels has returned to Argonnessen. We will be extending the Night Revels on Argo, exact extension TBA (but prob something like at least a couple of days).
    For how long has the event been extended?
    ------------------------------
    H*ll hath no fury like a Hatt scorned...

Community Member

I've got to admit, it's rather frustrating that we were never given a firm date for when the event would end on Argo.

I know I should have just played as if it was ending on the 5th, but work has been rather crazy so I hadn't had a chance to actually spend many of the ingredients I managed to accrue in the short bursts of time I've been able to play while the event was on. If I'd had a firm date at least I would have a had the ability to juggle some time around in order to at least spend the ingredients on some things (even if it was just DW pots and the expiring candies).

Oh well, I guess there will always be next year.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrios View Post
    I've got to admit, it's rather frustrating that we were never given a firm date for when the event would end on Argo.

I know I should have just played as if it was ending on the 5th, but work has been rather crazy so I hadn't had a chance to actually spend many of the ingredients I managed to accrue in the short bursts of time I've been able to play while the event was on. If I'd had a firm date at least I would have a had the ability to juggle some time around in order to at least spend the ingredients on some things (even if it was just DW pots and the expiring candies).

Oh well, I guess there will always be next year.
    We were given a firm date.

We will be extending Night Revels on Argonnessen and Orien through Wednesday, November 8th. This is to help folks on the server who were impacted by issues on one of the weekends of the event.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    We were given a firm date.

Out of interest, where was that posted?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrios View Post
    Out of interest, where was that posted?
    If you click on the little blue arrow thingy next to the name in quotes it takes you to the original thread. It was in the official Night Revels announcement thread where Cordovan first posted the start and end dates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12