Community Member

Default Advice on an old character

Just came back to the game and I have an old 14rogue / 6 ranger halfing twf kopesh build. I have a couple of free +20 heart of wood so i can respec the character. My question is there any way to salvage this character? I would like to keep using kopesh as I have chaosblades (both norm and epic) greensteel kopesh, a bunch of other really nice ones as well. Character is a 32 point build and i have +5 tomes on it. I have been browsing the forums and I dont see many of these builds anymore, so any advice is welcome.

Community Member

Welcome back. Sad news is that these days chaosblades make nice cosmetic items, but their stats are no longer as impressive as they once were. So there's that.

If you want to continue with TWF with Khopeshes for this character, pure Rangers are in a good shape these days.

I'd save the +20 heart for a rainy day and TR instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post

I'd save the +20 heart for a rainy day and TR instead.

/Seconded.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Welcome back, OP.

As mentioned, pure ranger is pretty strong DPS these days. While you don't have to TR, the +2 build pts is certainly a nice perk and it's a good way to relearn DDO if you've been gone a while.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ivine-crusader
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

First, WB!

Leveling goes fast(er) these days, so TR'ing is a strong option. Also, it would let you experience some of the new(er) quests that have come out since your absence.

You'll also have a Lesser Heart of Wood, just to respec stats/feats for the class mix you have. But I like to save that for some <facepalm> moment. Ymmv.

(Ranger 6 is a solid add to a lot of builds. Makes leveling a lot faster and eases Feat crunch, but loses Core 18 and Captstone 20 Enhancements, so (as so often the case) the tradeoff is better early vs. better @ endgame. Depends on your priorities.)

Lots of battle-tested builds here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759353). Even if none speak to you as-is, you can see what the state of the game is atm. Don't miss the 2 links at the bottom of the first post, for custom/offbeat builds.