Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

For the iconic version, +2 Wis AND +2 Cha would seem appropriate. This would further my idea that the iconic Aasimar should be more focused on turning/destroying undead and being more "castery" than the non-iconic Aasimar which seems to be somewhat focused on melee ability. Obviously, the iconic racial tree would have to reflect my suggested differences.
    Currently there is already an iconic Cleric and iconic Paladin, so what would the starting race be for iconic Aasimar?

Unless I'm mistaken Aasimar favored classes are Paladin and Sorcerer.

I think it may still be true that only the base classes that are f2p are only available for iconics so people don't have to purchase a class and race at same time.

So it will more likely be Sorcerer as iconic in which case the non-iconic race should be changed to +2 Wisdom so wisdom build don't require a Lesser +1 to play +2 wisdom race. Or will there be another Paladin iconic? Lesser +1 is the same again for those that are looking for a +2 Wisdom race.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 10-07-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The Scarecrow will be a Level 10/Level 30 Fighter hireling.
    There were no stats or class on the Scarecrow visible, but it might have been mentioned somewhere else?
    This is the current tooltip description:
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~
    ~ The Thieves Guild Argonnessen ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    Or Players need to realize that not everything the devs say is written in stone.
    You mean we're not getting racial pre trees like elf for everyone? Like the Dwarven defender?

We're not getting a crafting system that can pull paralyzing off a weapon and put it on another?

We're not getting the Aunorch desert (is that raid still on the list live?)
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]The Scarecrow Hirelings have not been statted. They are currently level 1 and level 17 Owlbear Fighters.[/LIST][/LIST]

is there any plausible reason why hirelings cant be BTA..
    Cluttering every alt toon with BTC copies is not necessary,

Please change all the hirelings retroactively from BTC to BTA.

Its just compounding the inventory problems we are already facing.

Would really prefer to see an inventory tab based on the cuti-pet system that holds all the hirelings across the account.. the DDO store hireling folder is inadequate and also BTC.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Would really prefer to see an inventory tab based on the cuti-pet system that holds all the hirelings across the account.. the DDO store hireling folder is inadequate and also BTC.
    And cosmetics.

Cosmetics are all BtA or unbound right? So you can store them on mules. Not the most elegant solution sure, but it's not really like you're forced to fill up your character bank with them. I have a mule with "cosmetic" in the name where I store them all (I have a bunch of similar mules for all kinds of stuff). A cosmetic system like the pet system would be great, but everything has trade offs. There's a lot of other stuff that would be more valuable to me.

I agree that the biggest hireling folder is oddly small (why?), but it does the basic job. 20 slots gives you enough room for your gold seals and the most used healer types (there are some levels where the healers suck, so you're better off using the pervious level a bit longer. It will get all the tighter with the new gold seals. In lieu of a whole new system at least a bigger folder would be nice.
    Last edited by SerPounce; 10-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by MarDeRoam View Post
    There were no stats or class on the Scarecrow visible, but it might have been mentioned somewhere else?
    This is the current tooltip description:
    From the Lamannia Release Notes:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Release-Notes

"Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings: Scarecrow: Two new Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles. Scarecrow Hirelings will have variants at the following levels:

Level 10
    Level 30"

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Cosmetics are all BtA or unbound right? So you can store them on mules. Not the most elegant solution sure, but it's not really like you're forced to fill up your character bank with them. I have a mule with "cosmetic" in the name where I store them all (I have a bunch of similar mules for all kinds of stuff). A cosmetic system like the pet system would be great, but everything has trade offs. There's a lot of other stuff that would be more valuable to me.

I agree that the biggest hireling folder is oddly small (why?), but it does the basic job. 20 slots gives you enough room for your gold seals and the most used healer types (there are some levels where the healers suck, so you're better off using the pervious level a bit longer. It will get all the tighter with the new gold seals. In lieu of a whole new system at least a bigger folder would be nice.
    No, not all cosmetics.. things like the iconic cosmetics are BTC.

I have done the same thing by creating an alt packmule cosmetic holder toon.. doesn't make it any less of a poor mechanic.

Hireling folders are BTC and definitely too small.. yet another poor system. and still ends up shifting stuff to alt mules..

The existing storage systems are antiquated and its only getting worse.

Instead of helping players by consolidating and organizing with useful management tools like the AH interface gives we have to resort to scattering our stuff across alts and whatever other alt sources to squirrel away pieces across multiple storage area's.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    From the Lamannia Release Notes:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Release-Notes

"Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings: Scarecrow: Two new Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles. Scarecrow Hirelings will have variants at the following levels:

Level 10
    Level 30"
    So it doesn't say fighter anywhere? Or was it maybe mentioned by Cordovan on one of his livestreams?
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post

is there any plausible reason why hirelings cant be BTA..
    Cluttering every alt toon with BTC copies is not necessary,

Please change all the hirelings retroactively from BTC to BTA.

Its just compounding the inventory problems we are already facing.
    Eilieri Thistledown is BtA. She comes in a $10 pack, so you'd think that the Owlbears, Lionesses, and now Scarecrows and such in more expensive expansions would have at least the same if not greater utility, and bind status is certainly a large part of their utility.

So it doesn't say fighter anywhere? Or was it maybe mentioned by Cordovan on one of his livestreams?

Typically you have to target the hire and hit 'z' to examine it to see that it is called a "level 10 Fighter" or whatever.
    Last edited by Niminae; 10-07-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Typically you have to target the hire and hit 'z' to examine it to see that it is called a "level 10 Fighter" or whatever.
    Ah, roger that. I'll try to log in on Lama next week when it's back up and see if examination has info.

Community Member

A Knife Throwing enhancement tree? Now we can have knife throwing contests and Five Finger Fillet with the Traveling Troubadors! I can already taste the knife puns

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Currently there is already an iconic Cleric and iconic Paladin, so what would the starting race be for iconic Aasimar?

Unless I'm mistaken Aasimar favored classes are Paladin and Sorcerer.

I think it may still be true that only the base classes that are f2p are only available for iconics so people don't have to purchase a class and race at same time.

So it will more likely be Sorcerer as iconic in which case the non-iconic race should be changed to +2 Wisdom so wisdom build don't require a Lesser +1 to play +2 wisdom race. Or will there be another Paladin iconic? Lesser +1 is the same again for those that are looking for a +2 Wisdom race.
    Supposedly, the Iconic Aasimar is going to be called a "Scourge." I didn't know what that was so I Googled it. Apparently it is from 5th Edition D&D and it's kinda like a path. It's supposed to be a "Scourge of Undead" or an enemy of the undead.

I doubt it'll be a Sorc. I agree that since other iconics are Cleric and Paladin, a Scourge shouldn't be so maybe it'll be a FvS? I realize FvS is not a core class but a Sorc just doesn't make sense to me. Sorcs aren't really melee types and I seem to recall the Scourge from 5th Edition is sort of a melee type (yeah I know...both Aasimar seemingly will be melee-favored which I think is dumb).

Anyway, I'm curious to see what they come up with.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Supposedly, the Iconic Aasimar is going to be called a "Scourge." I didn't know what that was so I Googled it. Apparently it is from 5th Edition D&D and it's kinda like a path. It's supposed to be a "Scourge of Undead" or an enemy of the undead.

I doubt it'll be a Sorc. I agree that since other iconics are Cleric and Paladin, a Scourge shouldn't be so maybe it'll be a FvS? I realize FvS is not a core class but a Sorc just doesn't make sense to me. Sorcs aren't really melee types and I seem to recall the Scourge from 5th Edition is sort of a melee type (yeah I know...both Aasimar seemingly will be melee-favored which I think is dumb).

Anyway, I'm curious to see what they come up with.
    People keep bringing up an iconic, did the devs confirm one or something? It would explain why scourge is missing from base aasimar, but there hasn't been any official written information on an iconic.

The DDO Wiki doesn't mention a class for the Scarecrow hireling, but I believe that Fighter was mentioned somewhere.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Scarecrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    On Lamannia, hirelings were not yet statted (see known issues somewhere). The level 10 scarecrow had 45 hp. It also had no special commands. Upon examining it said something like level 1 owlbear.

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    People keep bringing up an iconic, did the devs confirm one or something? It would explain why scourge is missing from base aasimar, but there hasn't been any official written information on an iconic.
    Come on now, this is the forums. Turning hopes and supposition into confirmation is what they do here. Look how well it worked out for Wisdom ........ oh nevermind.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    There's been some dev hinting earlier in this thread, but nothing concrete.

Thanks.

Thumbs down I do not think so...

For the iconic version, +2 Wis AND +2 Cha would seem appropriate. This would further my idea that the iconic Aasimar should be more focused on turning/destroying undead and being more "castery" than the non-iconic Aasimar which seems to be somewhat focused on melee ability. Obviously, the iconic racial tree would have to reflect my suggested differences.
    I do not really believe that the iconic version is another Aasimar ... in the logic of the opposite of Aasimar and Theafling, which is the demonic version of Aasimar, and since there are still Ftp classes, Sorcerer, Ranger, Barbarian and Bardo , Theafling for me I see it as a Sorcerer, who stands by itself ... and to see if it will be so ... but still to see if the Devs are going to invest further resources for other "iconic Races".
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    I do not really believe that the iconic version is another Aasimar ... in the logic of the opposite of Aasimar and Theafling, which is the demonic version of Aasimar, and since there are still Ftp classes, Sorcerer, Ranger, Barbarian and Bardo , Theafling for me I see it as a Sorcerer, who stands by itself ... and to see if it will be so ... but still to see if the Devs are going to invest further resources for other "iconic Races".
    Aasimar Iconic could have a few interesting routes; but off the top of my head and with how the devs act/feel about certain classes I doubt they'd happen.

One could be a celestial pact warlock; with the automatic level 1 warlock giving them the singular option of a celestial pact that works with their bond. Let's assume their racial tree would be similar to Enlightened Spirit in theme.
    Two could be a sorcerer as previously discussed, though like warlock this class isn't innately celestial/divine enough for the devs and their feelings. However, their racial tree could work similar to a Light/Alignment styled Savant in a similar vein to the elemental savants.
    Three and the most likely candidate for being a non-used iconic would be a favored soul. I'm not sure what they could really add here as Aasimar racial abilities from tabletop SLA wise wouldn't translate to DDO. I'd suspect this tree would be something similar to Divine Disciple in adding a few SLAs and synergies that current Angel of Vengeance lacks and could be supplemented by.
    Fourth is the obvious favorite choice of the devs, that'd be a paladin. Although we've already got Protector for the paladin synergy, so who knows how this would go.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast