Default Best Quest to farm for mimics?

Assuming the rewards for the Mimic Hunt are worth it, what quests are expected to give the best efficiency for farming quests quickly?

Since everyone in the quest gets a mimic token upon mimic death, perhaps some of the divide and conquer quests?

Maybe get a group of Iconics and do:
    • Wizking Normal (or Elite/Reaper for Champion chests)
    • Maraud the Mines Normal (or Elite/Reaper for for Champion chests)
    • Von3 Elite
    • Blockade Buster Normal (or Elite/Reaper for Champion chests)

Delete, recreate, repeat?

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default BtA

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Since everyone in the quest gets a mimic token upon mimic death, perhaps some of the divide and conquer quests?

Maybe get a group of Iconics and do:
    • Wizking Normal (or Elite/Reaper for Champion chests)
    • Maraud the Mines Normal (or Elite/Reaper for for Champion chests)
    • Von3 Elite
    • Blockade Buster Normal (or Elite/Reaper for Champion chests)

Delete, recreate, repeat?
    If you really want to rinse and repeat, I would use a charecter slot and roll an L4 and ransack Irestone Inlet. Drops BtA in Shared Bank. Delete toon and re-roll L4 to get around ransack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    If you really want to rinse and repeat, I would use a charecter slot and roll an L4 and ransack Irestone Inlet. Drops BtA in Shared Bank. Delete toon and re-roll L4 to get around ransack.
    I can be 4 levels higher than the quest. Make it a lvl 7 right from start, Power thru on Normal, Ransack, Delete toon, start again!

perhaps the opening areas of ToEE part 2--the locked chest by cook, ogre miniboss chest, then pyramid chest
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

I tried haunted halls on EH getting rem chests to open up as mimics in the Juju zombie section. But only got rem chests. Anyone confirm they got a mimic from that type of chests. regardless of quest? just curious.

I suppose the creating of the toon would take up a large part of the farm so might as well hit Irestone, Ringleader, The first part of come out and slay. first part of captives, 1st part of Where there's smoke. Redfang maybe even.
    There's a few low level quests with at least five/six chests in the Harbor and Market.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

I happen to have a level 4 parked toon so I ran it through irestone on normal, so level 4 quest. She runs fast (2 wolf/1 barb/1 arti) so was able to clear it out quickly. Got 4 mimic tokens.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevCo View Post
    I tried haunted halls on EH getting rem chests to open up as mimics in the Juju zombie section. But only got rem chests. Anyone confirm they got a mimic from that type of chests. regardless of quest? just curious.
    Ran 30 4 to 6 skull quests, resulting in 40 tokens, 1 from a champ chest, it hapens its just rare. I got at least 4 champ quests per quest. Seems like farming quests on norml yields the best result.

Default There is no best quest to farm mimics on.

Based on what was described for the mimic event there is no really an ideal quest to do mimics on.

The reason I say this is that, if I recall correctly, looting the same chest 5 times will result it that chest not spawning mimics anymore. Additionally for each successful mimic spawn the chance that the next chest will spawn a mimic is reduced and each failed spawn increases the chance for a mimic to spawn on the next chest.

I have done 3 level 7's on heroic elite this morning (Tear of Dhakahn, Gwyan's Stand, Taming the Flames) and in Tear I had 2 champion chests spawn mimics, 1 champ chest in Gwyaln's spawn a mimic, and no champ chest spawn in Taming) and then a few regular chest spawning mimics in each quest. Also did a reaper 1 Caverns of Korramar and no champ chest mimic and maybe 1 or 2 mimic spawns. As to difficulty correlating mimic spawn, not sure if there is one, but it seemed to be less on reaper based on the 4 quests I ran this morning.

Only thing that I could say would benefit chest spawns would be running a quest that has a lot of chests that you can get to quickly and clear easily in hopes of spawning a mimic. But even with a lot of chests you could have bad luck and not have many spawn or still not have many spawn due to the reduce chance on each successful spawn preventing other chests becoming mimics.

As such I conclude there is no real sweet spot quest that will guarantee a large number of mimic spawns. I think this was carefully thought out and planned by the dev's to ensure you would have to actually work at getting (grind) the requisite tokens for the items, cosmetics, etc. No sure what the token costs are but will be checking it out today or this weekend to see how worth it is to get certain items or if it is possible to farm out one of everything minus collectible crates.

Treasure Hunter

Default Oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    I suppose the creating of the toon would take up a large part of the farm so might as well hit Irestone, Ringleader, The first part of come out and slay. first part of captives, 1st part of Where there's smoke. Redfang maybe even.
    There's a few low level quests with at least five/six chests in the Harbor and Market.
    Ransack all the lowbies then re-roll. I can smash them fast at L4. I can make L7s as well, but less challenge/fun.

Ransack all the lowbies then re-roll. I can smash them fast at L4. I can make L7s as well, but less challenge/fun.
    Someone suggested rolling with the preset paths for extra speed. That's probably a good idea.
    Question: If you go with the L7 option, can you level to 4 and then hold the rest until you ransack the harbor, and then take the other levels and ransack that stuff too?
    Does DDO let you leave the "free level ship" before you take all your free levels?
    (I haven't rolled a non-level 1 toon in many years, so I don't know how it works anymore)
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Treasure Hunter

Default Woot

Someone suggested rolling with the preset paths for extra speed. That's probably a good idea.
    Question: If you go with the L7 option, can you level to 4 and then hold the rest until you ransack the harbor, and then take the other levels and ransack that stuff too?
    Does DDO let you leave the "free level ship" before you take all your free levels?
    (I haven't rolled a non-level 1 toon in many years, so I don't know how it works anymore)
    Thanks! That thought never crossed my mind!

IDK, I've never tried it, but I willl at some point just to see if it works

Community Member

you cannot
    you can do it on an iconic though

personally using horc barb3 / fighter 1 with great cleave. Horc has strength and few skill points to spend - easy to level.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    you cannot
    you can do it on an iconic though

personally using horc barb3 / fighter 1 with great cleave. Horc has strength and few skill points to spend - easy to level.
    How about going human to pick up the Dragonmark of Passage for the expeditious retreat clicky? Throw in 2-3 APs into the human tree for extra dragonmark usages (need 2 minimum, one for the quest, and one to run to the next quest, possibly throw in a spare just in case). Add in sprint boost and supreme cleave from the FB tree, on top of power attack, cleave and great cleave, and it seems like you could get lowbie quests done really fast on normal.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    How about going human to pick up the Dragonmark of Passage for the expeditious retreat clicky? Throw in 2-3 APs into the human tree for extra dragonmark usages (need 2 minimum, one for the quest, and one to run to the next quest, possibly throw in a spare just in case). Add in sprint boost and supreme cleave from the FB tree, on top of power attack, cleave and great cleave, and it seems like you could get lowbie quests done really fast on normal.
    That's what I used to do for favor farming disposable toons.
    Now with 5 minute scroll casts you could just spend a scant few coppers on a 100 stack of Ex Ret scrolls and throw them in the bank and have 500 minutes of speed and be a Carniflexing Dwarf for ax bonus and Con bonus and maybe put Sprint boost on top of the scroll boost.