Default Would a Paladin build benefit from 2 FvS Splash?

Given the new FvS benefits where L2 grants either WIS or CHA to-hit/damage, would a Paladin build benefit from splashing 2 FvS for that? Are the capstones worth sacrificing for that (plus some Warpriest and AoV Enhancements)?

This is the part of the text you are missing "...This benefit only applies if your Favored Soul level is equal to or greater than half of your total Heroic Character level"

So for a Level 4 character sure, but once you take your 5th level you lose the benefit.

You would need an even split of FvS to Paladin levels.

Community Member

No. FvS has to be the class with the most levels in any split for the Cha/Wis to work.

"This benefit only applies if your Favored Soul level is equal to or greater than half of your total Heroic Character level."
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Given the new FvS benefits where L2 grants either WIS or CHA to-hit/damage, would a Paladin build benefit from splashing 2 FvS for that? Are the capstones worth sacrificing for that (plus some Warpriest and AoV Enhancements)?
    No, heres why:

Grace of Battle: Your faith allows you to use your Charisma bonus for to-hit and damage purposes with your dieties' Favored Weapon if it is higher than your Strength bonus. This benefit only applies if your Favored Soul level is equal to or greater than half of your total Heroic Character level.
    Knowledge of Battle: Your faith allows you to use your Wisdom bonus for to-hit and damage purposes with your dieties' Favored Weapon if it is higher than your Strength bonus. This benefit only applies if your Favored Soul level is equal to or greater than half of your total Heroic Character level.

Both require your favored soul to be half or greater then heroic character level so 10 fvs levels needed.

Ah, I did miss that nuance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Ah, I did miss that nuance. Thanks.
    It also only applies to only the dieties weapon of choice.

If you're a paladin and you want cha to hit/damage; PDK has you covered (+1 lesser required if you want to be pure).
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    If you're a paladin and you want cha to hit/damage; PDK has you covered (+1 lesser required if you want to be pure).
    This is also limited to swords - shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    This is also limited to swords - shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.
    Helm: Bastard sword as favored weapon.

Therefore, with >1/2 favored soul, divine presence, and the PDK option, you get Cha to attack and damage, 1/2 cha to damage & tactics DC, and 1/3 cha to tactics dc.

I was just thinking of this build. I am trying to find the divine cuisinart build, since I am coming back after a while. looks like with some updates it could be really fun.

for just a dip. Divine presence and smite foe would help a paladin. 1 level of FvS.

Edit: nevermind the divine cuisinart, wrong build. I could have swore I remember a FvS warpriest Tank build. Found it.
    Last edited by Xyzima; 10-28-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I have a PDK ftr 1 / pal 14 CHA build that I plan to splash FvS for War Soul's new Divine Presence: "You gain an Insight bonus to melee damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Charisma modifier." This was originally going to be a S&B Vanguard, but maybe I could dust off Steel Shrine and do pal 15 / FvS 4 / ftr 1 instead: SWF w/b.swords (Helm).
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.