Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, September 27th 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be brought down on Wednesday, September 27th from 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 36 Patch 2. Click here for the Release Notes. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-27-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I can not wait to see all the new things..

Wow. I was so excited to tr to a cleric ranger or favored soul ranger arcane archer for war domain or wis to hit and damage on the longbow and they nerf arcane archer again with making terror arrows not work on undead constructs and oozes..
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Paths are no longer available for advanced classes (i.e., paid classes), but are still available for basic classes.
    Interesting decision........

Not complaining or anything, but is there any particular reason for this?

Didn't see mention of LR stones in the notes for clerics or others to go back to cleric and pickup the new domains..
    would have liked to see +20 stones come around again...

Guessing clerics will have to obtain their own stones to reset domains, and those that TR'd away from cleric will have to TR themselves back into clerics.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    Wow. I was so excited to tr to a cleric ranger or favored soul ranger arcane archer for war domain or wis to hit and damage on the longbow and they nerf arcane archer again with making terror arrows not work on undead constructs and oozes..
    meh,
    basing your excitement on a build developed from exploiting a broken mechanic isn't a reasonable expectation.

and.. its not a nerf.. that's just fixing something that obviously wasn't working correctly.
    Terror arrows should never have worked on oozes or undead or constructs..

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Didn't see mention of LR stones in the notes for clerics or others to go back to cleric and pickup the new domains..

Guessing clerics will have to obtain their own stones to reset domains, and those that TR'd away from cleric will have to TR themselves back into clerics.
    They mentioned that any character with 2 levels of cleric or FVS would receive a BTC lesser reincarnation heart to pickup the added feats.
    I got an LR heart on my FVS transferred to Lama but not on my sorc transferred to Lama. I don't know why they'd change that part of the update.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    They mentioned that any character with 2 levels of cleric or FVS would receive a BTC lesser reincarnation heart to pickup the added feats.
    I got an LR heart on my FVS transferred to Lama but not on my sorc transferred to Lama. I don't know why they'd change that part of the update.
    They did indicate that for Lamannia, but I don't see anything in the release notes for live.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post

All characters with 2 levels of either Cleric or Favored Soul will have a Lesser Heart of Wood in their inventory when they log in which they can use to lesser reincarnate and gain their new class features.

Sorry, it was implemented a month ago and I simply forgot about it when reviewing the release notes before Cordovan published them.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Darn, this means I can't brag about having run Reaper 10 on Protect Baudry's Interests anymore.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Players will no longer get mimics from a chest after looting the chest five times.

is this per day or per event? is the mimic rate ramped up or is it still only like 5% of the time.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Players will no longer get mimics from a chest after looting the chest five times.

is this per day or per event? is the mimic rate ramped up or is it still only like 5% of the time.
    Also will it effect champion chests?
    Last edited by Yamani; 09-26-2017 at 07:19 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Darn, this means I can't brag about having run Reaper 10 on Protect Baudry's Interests anymore.
    There's still Return to Delera's Tomb!

...Sure, you don't get any RXP for it, but it counts...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

So, does the searing light SLA in the sun domain still share a cooldown with the searing light SLA in the cleric's disciple tree? The domain one seems to have both a lower cost and cooldown, though.

But yay!! My cleric is level 4, right now! Fun!

Default Confused by one of the release notes

What does it mean that "paths are no longer available to advanced classes (i.e. paid classes) but are still available to basic classes." What paths? What are basic classes getting that paid no longer will?
    Can anyone explain the meaning of this?

Do Mimics have a chance to be champions? and if so, do they drop another chest that then can have a chance to be a mimic etc etc. ETERNAL MIMICNESS timeloop paradox!
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Paisheng View Post
    What does it mean that "paths are no longer available to advanced classes (i.e. paid classes) but are still available to basic classes." What paths? What are basic classes getting that paid no longer will?
    Can anyone explain the meaning of this?
    Previously, when creating a 28 or 32 point character you had the choice of customizing all of your characters feats, attributes, and skill points at character creation and level up or simply following what are known as predefined paths. After U36 Patch 2 only the basic classes (Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Ranger, Rogue, and Bard) will have predefined path choices available. All other classes will need to "customize" their character choices.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Also will it effect champion chests?
    And will it spawn champion mimics that automatically drop an additional champ chest?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Previously, when creating a 28 or 32 point character you had the choice of customizing all of your characters feats, attributes, and skill points at character creation and level up or simply following what are known as predefined paths. After U36 Patch 2 only the basic classes (Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Ranger, Rogue, and Bard) will have predefined path choices available. All other classes will need to "customize" their character choices.
    Great thanks for the clarification. I am usually monk, but prefer to customize each time anyway rather than choose one of the paths. I assume most experienced players customize regardless. But was there a particular reason why paid classes are losing this option, especially for beginners who might want them?

Community Member

Does this mean looting the chest 5 times during the mimic event, or if I ransack it the day before the event I won't get anything?

Assuming the event lasts more than a week does this reset with the ransack reset?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast