Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

what did you all do to break this?

in 10 years never had this issue after an update

Quote Originally Posted by Weyborn View Post
    what did you all do to break this?

in 10 years never had this issue after an update
    May I ask what the issue you are experiencing is?
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    May I ask what the issue you are experiencing is?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited\TurbineLauncher.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

again - never had an issue after an update

Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

My short cut that has always worked for the Launcher is not working

in order to get it to work - had to right click it and run it as an adminstrator

rest of download took place after initial launcher crash

but still need to run as admin to get it to work

again - not normally how i need to do it

Community Member

Default Lauching bug

Cant log on game. The laucher stucks at "Installing pre-reqs", and never goes beyond that point. Is there a sugestion on how to fix it? The same is happening on 2 diferent computers.
    Last edited by Malbrart; 09-27-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Community Member

There seems to be some sort of incompatibility issue with win 10 do to your latest update which is causing an error logging in: connection closed.
    That's a pretty big mess up guys. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the ddo store in game trying to connect to a browser combined with operating system.
    Setting things to admin doesn't seem to work, fixing ie doesn't work, switching to fire fox or chrome as main net explorer doesn't work. So, yeah.
    The lack of attention to detail with updates causing more bugs than fixes is becoming a more common occurrence.
    Last edited by calouscaine; 09-27-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by calouscaine View Post
    There seems to be some sort of incompatibility issue with win 10 do to your latest update which is causing an error logging in: connection closed.
    That's a pretty big mess up guys. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the ddo store in game trying to connect to a browser combined with operating system.
    Setting things to admin doesn't seem to work, fixing ie doesn't work, switching to fire fox or chrome as main net explorer doesn't work. So, yeah.
    The lack of attention to detail with updates causing more bugs than fixes is becoming a more common occurrence.
    Sorry about the difficulties you are having, but the problem can't just be down to a general "incompatibility with win 10" problem.

I'm running Win 10 and have had no issues. Was with 4 guildies last night, all on Win 10 machines. Nobody else had issues either.

I know this doesn't help you, but just wanted to point out there much be some other more specific aspect to this.

Community Member

Are you saying that the file is not actually there any more? Or it is there but you still get that error (implying a permission issue)?

Thank you all for the information provided here and in PM. We are looking into the cause.

For anyone encountering an issue where your client is not launching: I would appreciate it if you would PM me with the name of any antivirus software you have active.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

In addition: Can you tell me what exactly is happening to you specifically. At what part of the process is the client failing?

Have you tried reinstalling to or moving your install directory to a folder outside of Program Files (ie, to C:\Turbine\DDO)?

Angry PSA for those affected by the launch bugs

Don't worry, mates... you're not really missing anything on this "event" unless you only have high-level, non-melee characters. If you've got lowbie characters, or melee's, don't even bother playing. The "geniuses" at SSG didn't make any attempt at all to level balance the "event", so any chest you open (at all... including quest-required key chests) has a fair chance of killing you. Unless you think your character can survive a DoT that procs five times for between 20-40 damage after resists have been taken into account (on top of whatever combat damage you're taking) at level FIVE (just as an example).

As far as I can see, the game is nearly unplayable, so don't worry about not being able to play. SSG screwed the pooch so hard on this "event", that the pooch had to retire to the bathroom with a tube of soothing cream and a hernia cushion.

Community Member

Thalamask
    PSA for those affected by the launch bugs
    Don't worry, mates... you're not really missing anything on this "event" unless you only have high-level, non-melee characters. If you've got lowbie characters, or melee's, don't even bother playing. The "geniuses" at SSG didn't make any attempt at all to level balance the "event", so any chest you open (at all... including quest-required key chests) has a fair chance of killing you. Unless you think your character can survive a DoT that procs five times for between 20-40 damage after resists have been taken into account (on top of whatever combat damage you're taking) at level FIVE (just as an example).

As far as I can see, the game is nearly unplayable, so don't worry about not being able to play. SSG screwed the pooch so hard on this "event", that the pooch had to retire to the bathroom with a tube of soothing cream and a hernia cushion.
    Sorry but this is incorrect, I have toons with mediocre gear and weapons and the mimics are anything but difficult. The game may be unplayable to you, but not to others. Honestly Thalamask you do this every time something isn't handed to you on a silver platter. Grow up and stop acting like a fool.

The path I see is this: C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\TurbineLauncher.exe and it works just fine. I'm betting that it's people who have older systems that are experiencing the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Sorry but this is incorrect, I have toons with mediocre gear and weapons and the mimics are anything but difficult. The game may be unplayable to you, but not to others. Honestly Thalamask you do this every time something isn't handed to you on a silver platter. Grow up and stop acting like a fool.

The path I see is this: C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\TurbineLauncher.exe and it works just fine. I'm betting that it's people who have older systems that are experiencing the problems.

You're correct about the older systems I think it may have something to do with the store browser not working with the older systems. Was working with coco on that earlier today changing the dndbrowserhelper.exe name but it did not work so he said he would work on it and get back with me.

Community Member

Default Possible fix for the client log in issue:

So, this has worked for us at my house hold, not sure if it will work for anyone else having issues with the client not letting them on.
    Go to your options, change the proxy setting to no proxy.
    I hope this works for anyone else having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by calouscaine View Post
    So, this has worked for us at my house hold, not sure if it will work for anyone else having issues with the client not letting them on.
    Go to your options, change the proxy setting to no proxy.
    I hope this works for anyone else having issues.

Nope gave it a shot but still not working thanks for the help though

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234