Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Menace of the Underdark Temporarily Unavailable

We have temporarily removed the Menace of the Underdark expansion from the DDO Market while we correct an issue that was causing players who purchased the expansion to not be able to apply their codes correctly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-19-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: grammar
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have temporarily removed the Menace of the Underdark expansion from the DDO Market while we correct an issue that was causing players who purchased the expansion from not being able to apply their codes correctly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Hi,

I am one of those people. I purchased the Menace of the Underdark expansion on 9/11 and get the following error message when I try to apply the code in the in-game store browser:

"Disposable digital good has already bought."

I thought that it was related to my having purchased Epic Destinies a week or so before (not realizing that it comes with the Menace of the Underdark expansion bundle). I contacted in-game support to see if they could help me, but was told:

"Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we do not handle Customer Service for Turbine Entertainment. Please contact Turbine Entertainment directly with your request"

...and I was pretty outraged to be told to contact a company that no longer handles DDO, when I made a purchase on the DDO market.

I sent a PM just now to CS_Alkaid, but just came across this thread.

What should I do since I am one of the people affected by this issue? Will the codes be fixed so that they can be applied going forward? I already missed 2 Caught in the Web raids, because I am not able to flag for the raid

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ciallach View Post
    Hi,

I am one of those people. I purchased the Menace of the Underdark expansion on 9/11 and get the following error message when I try to apply the code in the in-game store browser:

"Disposable digital good has already bought."

I thought that it was related to my having purchased Epic Destinies a week or so before (not realizing that it comes with the Menace of the Underdark expansion bundle). I contacted in-game support to see if they could help me, but was told:

"Thank you for your message. Unfortunately we do not handle Customer Service for Turbine Entertainment. Please contact Turbine Entertainment directly with your request"

...and I was pretty outraged to be told to contact a company that no longer handles DDO, when I made a purchase on the DDO market.

I sent a PM just now to CS_Alkaid, but just came across this thread.

What should I do since I am one of the people affected by this issue? Will the codes be fixed so that they can be applied going forward? I already missed 2 Caught in the Web raids, because I am not able to flag for the raid
    Submit a ticket here: https://help.standingstonegames.com and hope they get to you in a couple days and not a couple weeks.

Could be quite a backup since this has been happening for months and months. (include your code and a recepit of purchase if you still have it and hopefully it will be quicker)

preliminary dooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooouuuuum
    Like we're summiting it but Frodo and Sam still have some hair left on their feet.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

the part that I do not understand is why does SSG/DDO re-direct purchasers of the Menace of the Underdark expansion code from the DDO market to settle any redemption/refund issues with Turbine?

Does Turbine still own (and profit from) the Menace and Wheloon expansion codes that are sold from the DDO Market website?
    Is that why the DDO market website is store.turbine.com/ddo ?

After the Menace of the Underdark expansion code could not be applied to his account, Ciallach had tried asking for a refund from the DDO market site:

but apparently, the refund request was re-directed to Standing Stone Games, and he received the same stock reply that he had to contact Turbine.... even though the REQUEST REFUND button is on the DDO market website:

http://store.turbine.com/DRHM/store?...52200&Env=BASE

Community Manager

I am not sure why someone experiencing an issue with a Menace of the Underdark purchase would get the response stated in this thread, as our Customer Service agents can and will resolve this issue for players who run into a purchase issue through the DDO Market. Make sure your ticket it submitted to Account Support through our help portal here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new
    Join us on Twitch!

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Any update on when it's going to be added back to the in-game DDO Store?
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Any update on when it's going to be added back to the in-game DDO Store?
    No, unfortunately. It may be quite some time before we are able to offer MOTU in the in-game DDO Store.
    Join us on Twitch!

I am not sure why someone experiencing an issue with a Menace of the Underdark purchase would get the response stated in this thread, as our Customer Service agents can and will resolve this issue for players who run into a purchase issue through the DDO Market. Make sure your ticket it submitted to Account Support through our help portal here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Perhaps if Ssg looks into the specific issue it would not be necessary to preface your statement with I am not sure . Being sure would be..... well reassuring.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Perhaps if Ssg looks into the specific issue it would not be necessary to preface your statement with I am not sure . Being sure would be..... well reassuring.
    customer support quite often gets handled in... well a call center structure just without telephones these days. so there is a bunch of clerks sitting there, with a bunch of manuals to handle different problems from different products and different companies. Imagine each of those manual to start with 'have you tried turning it off and on' and going more and more specific from there.

first thing that comes to my mind is that one of those manuals simply didn't get exchanged/updated. but that is just a wild guess. or one employee may have missed the memo that there is a new manual in his database and he acted from previous experience, which is admirable, but in this case unfortunate. or.... so there is no way to be sure what happened why. I for one am rather sure though it will be looked into, especially if it is a contractor handling CS. After all they get payed.

Community Member

Quick question about this issue. Is there another way to purchase this expansion other then the DDO Market?

Community Member

So buying this through Steam is also a no-go?

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Klibanor View Post
    So buying this through Steam is also a no-go?
    I just bought it there. So far I still don't have access to the MOTU.

Community Member

Has this been fixed yet?

I can confirm that I did buy this through Steam for a friend, and she was able to redeem it to her DDO account (via the in-game store). I can't really help anyone figure it out, but if you feel confident about navigating steam and entering codes here, it worked for us.

Community Member

No, unfortunately. It may be quite some time before we are able to offer MOTU in the in-game DDO Store.
    So...I can see the names of the quests but I can't buy the package? This is so frustrating. Are you talking weeks, months, years, never?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffan View Post
    So...I can see the names of the quests but I can't buy the package? This is so frustrating. Are you talking weeks, months, years, never?
    We are making progress in our ability to offer Menace of the Underdark again, but I can't give an ETA. I would trend toward weeks, but stay tuned.
    Join us on Twitch!

wouldn't it be possible to create something like a 'slim pack' just for the in game store that contains nothing but the quests to bypass the bundle issue and at least give people some way to purchase it? because the question of how to actually *get* the content keeps popping up.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    wouldn't it be possible to create something like a 'slim pack' just for the in game store that contains nothing but the quests to bypass the bundle issue and at least give people some way to purchase it? because the question of how to actually *get* the content keeps popping up.
    That's all that used to be available for the expansions in the ddo store, so whatever the problem is it's not that. We're not at just over 2 years for this temporary issue.
    I assume they plan on getting it fixed my March since they claim Ravenloft will be available for purchase then.

Community Member

As a new player this is very frustrating that I cannot enjoy this content currently because it's unavailable. Do we have any ETA when this might be available again?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast