Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Exclamation Ssg please inform the player community what is being done to fix the tr/etr bug

SSG PLEASE INFORM THE PLAYER COMMUNITY WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX THE TR/ETR BUGS

DDO has a community manager, podcasts, newsletter, active production team, engaged creative
    people yet where is any official word from SSG commenting on what is being done to ameliorate
    the loss people in the community are suffering from TR/ETRing. Veterans and new players - no one
    is immune from losing items, tomes, gear?

This issue must officially and formally be addressed by SSG to the community of players
    to assuage our fears and foster trust - we, the players, need to be told what's going on,
    what's being done, and what steps to follow if we suffer a loss due to the faulty TR/ETR system.

Searching for 'TR lost items' I came up with 313 threads.
    Clearly it is a major issue and the players deserve
    not only an official response from SSG, but a clear action plan.

I myself experienced an on screen 'error' during my last ETR
    and could not advance or take any skills or levels;
    logging in and out fixed it and luckily I did not lose
    anything but it was very very very nerve wracking.

I play DDO to escape reality and nerve wracking not to increase my worry.
    I am afraid to do another TR now.

Players if you agree please let them know - the weight of many voices is needed clearly,

We, the players, are an integral part of SSG just as valuable as their employees and the game code. We pay
    for fun and deserve as paying customers, answers or we will take our hard earned money and spend it elsewhere.

PS - This is an official request, with a paper hard copy of this request on file post-marked and dated.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Mary's 'Mary had a Little Bear' Build for Hardcore League https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-Druid-Build

Unhappy I'm very worried

This is the only bug that seriously worries me. I'm afraid that if this issue is not listed as priority one and addressed quickly or at least addressed publicly as in progress. We will take another large hit to the player base community. I absolutely love this game. And like the op it is my break from reality too. I really really want them to make the right call and take it seriously. The TR grind community keeps SSG employees employed. I hope it is fixed soon and the fix is announced for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones0064 View Post
    This is the only bug that seriously worries me. I'm afraid that if this issue is not listed as priority one and addressed quickly or at least addressed publicly as in progress. We will take another large hit to the player base community. I absolutely love this game. And like the op it is my break from reality too. I really really want them to make the right call and take it seriously. The TR grind community keeps SSG employees employed. I hope it is fixed soon and the fix is announced for everyone to see.
    Ditto that.

Agreed. I cut my ddo time in half because of this bug. No reason to get to cap quickly if the tr process is wonky.

Seriously SSG, refund those people's items and don't be ****s.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

I have been participating on every thread that has surfaced on this issue. I have personally not experienced this event, however, I am aware of multiple players on my server who have. I have a good percentage of my active guildies on the TR wheel atm. I would be very upset if this happened to them and they felt inclined to stop playing.

The recent trend by SSG apologists seems to have focused on 'blame the victim'. That is 'Sad'. It is insult heaped on top of injury. I agree, SSG needs to step forward and regularly post their efforts and/or progress in resolving this issue.

As I've said in other posts on other threads, this is the loss of not only time and effort, but the loss of purchased 'merchandise' in the form of tomes and other items.

-Hegenome/Feelgooddr
    HELTER SKELTER - GLAND

We've had Cordovan and Lynnabel state that SSG coders are definitely working on this bug at high priority. There was a dev comment during U36 Lama that it's related to back end database and very complex.
    Last edited by Gratch; 08-28-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Happy 14th DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    ...and very complex.
    Apparently, so is making ladders not glitch even though every other game I've played had no problems getting ladders to work.

It's only complex because they've left it broken and neglected for years while continuing to pile new systems on top of the bugged code, creating a sphagetti mess. In particular, a sphagetti mess that probably has a very high potential to break all kinds of other things when they touch it if their comments about being afraid to mess with a lot of the other old systems is any indication.
    Last edited by LT218; 08-29-2017 at 02:11 PM.

In my more pessimistic moments I tend to suspect that by saying very little they're effectively communicating exactly what they're doing about the problem.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member

I think there are at least two problems here

1. The coding fault (or faults) that make this happen and that are complex to fix, as SSG has stated.

2. The consequences of the coding fault - the losses experienced by numerous players with differing results in terms of what SSG has done to restore their losses.

I think that it is the latter that causes the most angst. It is the seemingly random approach that SSG takes to those people affected. I think it would go a massive way to reducing the angst if SSG would come up with a standard and publicised method of fixing things for people who are affected. People would not be 'afraid to TR' if they knew that, should the worst happen, they would be covered, restored , recompensed in a timely fashion and not left hanging for days, weeks, months or even years.

AJ

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

But so much of this issue is players talking to themselves, cooking up all sorts of
    mantras, rituals, mysticism, and flat out malarkey about what to do to not have a TR/ETR item/stat/gear loss.

'TR/ETR while standing on one foot and click mouse with foot, do not fall over! Lest you become likely to lose gear'

or

'When TR/ETRing it is advisable to TR/ETR @ 3:04 AM server time, then during the process, shut down your
    client, and computer go have a big European style breakfast; When finished, return to your computer, start up the game
    and continue with the process.'

or

'Absolutely no kissing should be done in sight of a computer while TR/ETRing; Tell your boyfriend, girlfriend, or significant
    other to stay away! The TR/ETR code can sense pheromone from the players significant other and will erase items out of pure jealousy'

_____

Its all ridiculous.

Its not a player issue.
    It is a back side coding issue
    which SSG needs to fix.

_____

I started this post becasue we the community haven't heard from SSG definitively
    in regards to what they are doing to fix TR/ETR from item/stat/gear loss.

We need to hear their official stance, policy, and course of action;
    doing so will ameliorate customer fears and keep us
    as a community happy (and free from unnecessary mysticism and ritual).

We pay SSG, we give them hard earned money in return for a product that
    produces fun. Losing all the stuff you worked for months or years to acquire
    is the exact opposite of fun.

It is the exact opposite of fun.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Mary's 'Mary had a Little Bear' Build for Hardcore League https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-Druid-Build

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    In my more pessimistic moments I tend to suspect that by saying very little they're effectively communicating exactly what they're doing about the problem.
    This was also my conclusion.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

What kind of statement do you want? Seriously other than saying "We're working on it" and perhaps indicating who or how many people are working on it what more do you want? Many of us are frustrated with the lack of progress and the lack of communication on this issue, but realistically what more can they say other than "We're working on it?"

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post
    What kind of statement do you want? Seriously other than saying "We're working on it" and perhaps indicating who or how many people are working on it what more do you want? Many of us are frustrated with the lack of progress and the lack of communication on this issue, but realistically what more can they say other than "We're working on it?"
    Findings so far, current working theories, instructions as to exactly what to do (including DO NOT TR/ETR/IR/LR if need be), and an assurance that there is a fast track mechanism within SSG customer service for dealing with reports and so on. That sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Could it be as easy as making a backup of every character that TRs that is stored for up to a week.
    If the said player submits a bug report that the TR did not work, the backup is used to restore the character?

Not perfect, but if it's so hard to actually fix it, this might be an easy solution?
    Or at least a good solution for the time being, until you actually find the more difficult problem.

Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Epicstorms; 09-02-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Just happy that my family run TR train had stalled before this happened. Can now take time to finish this TR and wait for the TR fixes to come in.

But enough of my fortune over the matter, I too would like to add that I'd like to hear on what is being done or will be done over the TR issue by SSG. It's not exactly a small and minor matter after all.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post
    What kind of statement do you want?
    You ain't got no problem Jules. The Wolf is on his way.

Community Member

Default Nobody got time.....

This issue is the one that caused me to cancel my sub. I have tons of alts, so don't TR very often. BUT when I do, I expect it to just work. I may have lost things like tomes and not realized it because I didn't know their QA was my problem! Too many alts to be super meticulous.... They lost (for now) a multi-years paying customer. Consistent and fair replacement until fix is done, or a fix period, and I may return to paying status. Until then, playing w/out TR for free with less frequency. More time in other games. Not a good business plan for SSG. We got "working on it" - now fix/address the restoration customer service part.

Community Member

I have also just cut my play time quite a bit as a result of this issue.

As for what we want to see in a statement? How about just have a dev who is up to date on this issue take a few minutes to explain to the community what the issue actually is, what theories/solutions are being worked on, what a solution might look like for players (those effected and those not yet effected) if the theory is correct, and an eta on when we can expect an implementation of that solution.

Given that this issue is what? At least 3 months old now, I think it would be more than reasonable to ask for this update every other week or so.

When bugs benefit players we see mountains moved to bring the servers down and patch ASAP. When it completely screws people over we wait 3 months.

That message is loud and clear and worth 100x any lip service you can give us. If you want us to believe this is so much harder to fix then talk to us about why it is. Until then the only conclusion we can draw is that you genuinely do not care how many people this bug effects as long as you keep getting paid to show up to work.
    Are you a Reaper 10 God? Tell me all about it.

This game's greatest strength is TR/ER/RR reincarnation. And yet it is hobbled by a lottery system where your character might get ****canned.

This reminds me of a Sun Tzu quote from "The Art of War". This game's greatest strength is becoming its greatest weakness and will be a reason they lose the war.

Community Member

It would be good to have an update on this, though I suspect it would be light on detail and unsatisfying.

What seems far more important to me is we get a commitment that people affected by this bug get help quickly and have all of their lost items replaced.

The suggestion that a character copy be built into the reincarnation process is a very good one. It seems like SSG has problems determining what people lost and replacing it, and being able to swap an archived copy back in would solve that.

It's the incredibly poor attitude SSG has to supporting its customers that makes this problem so serious. If it were just a matter of a small percentage of reincarnations glitching, then a quick and complete fix being offered, this would almost be a non-issue.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast