Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, August 17th 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be down for a hotfix on August 17th from 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).

Will the Shard AH be back? I'm guessing there is no comment on why it was brought down?

Question

Or a fx so that the Monster Manual rewards will be accessible?
    Guild Leader of Ex Deus - The jolly band of Danes and Americans, who live and play in constant denial of timezones and sleep.
    Current toons on Khyber : Marhen ; Rorscharch ; Malfares ; Cyriandes ; Shamsi-Adad ; Asurbanipal ; Asurnasirpal ;

Community Member

Since people are putting in their requests...please fix what you need to fix, but do not break anything or stealth nerf anything in the process...
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #40 (13 Epic, 20 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti

Community Member

Default Monster Manual and ASAH are both back and working

x----x

No astral house on Khyber but Monster Manuals are back

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sudzz View Post
    No astral house on Khyber but Monster Manuals are back
    this

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Any word on when we'll be getting a new MM volume? There's all these wights I slay that don't count yet... just sayin'.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be down for a hotfix on August 17th from 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).
    It's helpful to get the official word when the worlds go back up. Would also be nice to know what was fixed, thanks.

No, AH on Orien either... Though monster manual is back up. Do not see any difference. But I can not seem to find the hag monster listed anywhere.
    A proud member of the Orien Guild Geezers Only.

Exclamation What was "Hot Fixed"

What was "Hot Fixed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

Community Member

So did we retroactively get the XP from MM slayers earned over the period it was disabled? I noticed that nobody got MM xp while it was down, but supposedly progress continued.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoweredBJB View Post
    What was "Hot Fixed"?
    If I were to hazard a guess...

One of the very bad things done by very bad people was fixed. We do not wish to encourage people to further explore the very bad thing done by very bad people so we are not mentioning it. In this way we hope to prevent people from finding a very bad thing related to the very bad thing we just fixed.

Of course, the very bad people all know about the very bad thing. Even now, they look for a very bad thing related to the very bad thing we just fixed, or some other very bad thing. When they find another very bad thing, which they will, they will get lots of free stuff until we discover and fix that very bad thing. *huge sigh*

Unfortunately, we cannot adequately police all the very bad people doing very bad things and refuse to take very strong measures to very strongly discourage very bad people from doing very bad things. Therefore, our policy of not discussing very bad things shall continue, in the hopes not so very bad people do not become very bad people and do very bad things.

It is all very Monty Python.

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post

One of the very bad things done by very bad people was fixed. We do not wish to encourage people to further explore the very bad thing done by very bad people so we are not mentioning it. In this way we hope to prevent people from finding a very bad thing related to the very bad thing we just fixed.

Of course, the very bad people all know about the very bad thing. Even now, they look for a very bad thing related to the very bad thing we just fixed, or some other very bad thing. When they find another very bad thing, which they will, they will get lots of free stuff until we discover and fix that very bad thing. *huge sigh*

Unfortunately, we cannot adequately police all the very bad people doing very bad things and refuse to take very strong measures to very strongly discourage very bad people from doing very bad things. Therefore, our policy of not discussing very bad things shall continue, in the hopes not so very bad people do not become very bad people and do very bad things.

brilliant! )))
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Nominating this for Post of the Year!

+1

I bet they just nerfed us unannounced again, and not saying anything to save us from complaining ahead of time rofl.

Cool

+1

Default Thank you!

The shard exchange is working on Thelanis.
    Thelanis ~ Zoogar

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    So did we retroactively get the XP from MM slayers earned over the period it was disabled? I noticed that nobody got MM xp while it was down, but supposedly progress continued.
    No, my "Hill Giant Hunter" score is exactly what it was, despite having killed Grim Brothers while MM was down.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoweredBJB View Post
    What was "Hot Fixed"?
    The hamsters needed to be prepped for fall and winter
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #40 (13 Epic, 20 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast