Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

Default How does one buy the Shadowfell Expansion?

EDIT: DO NOT ATTEMPT

I was sold a code that was "already activated" Personally I think this is fraud, but I'm sure someone will say "All sales are final, etc. etc." I tried to do it correctly through the in-game store, but Standing Stones won't let you do that.

DO NOT ATTEMPT.

I tried buying the Shadowfell expansion through the DDO store, but if it's listed I cannot find it, nor the adventure packs that comprise it. I have seen old adds from Amazon to buy it there for a coupon code, but if the expansion isn't listed how would you apply the coupon code?

I assume that there must be a way to purchase the product, but I cannot find it.

Wouldn't think it would be this much trouble to give you guys actual currency.
    Last edited by MarcusCleardawn; 07-29-2017 at 05:36 AM.

You need to visit the DDO Market. =)

Same thing with MOTU.
    There was a time when you could buy parts of MOTU through the in game store.

If I remember correctly the new game store killed it along with pack bundles.
    • Evil Buddy Bundle
    • Landlubber Bundle
    • Necropolis Adventure Pack Bundle

Quote Originally Posted by xCataluna View Post
    You need to visit the DDO Market. =)
    But that's for Turbine. Isn't Standing Stones the new owner/operator? I remember reading in other threads that the store from in-game creates a unique url (or some such internet speak) and it was very important not to give out your url (or whatever).

If I use the link, how does Standing Stones know which account to apply the Expansion to?

So confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post
    But that's for Turbine. Isn't Standing Stones the new owner/operator? I remember reading in other threads that the store from in-game creates a unique url (or some such internet speak) and it was very important not to give out your url (or whatever).

If I use the link, how does Standing Stones know which account to apply the Expansion to?

So confused.
    Not sure why it's still on Turbine's site, but that is the proper place to buy the Expansions.

What you read about the in-game store and unique url is how the current in-game store (not the DDO Market) is working. They had to so some changes to do some online commerce compliance stuff. When it's fixed, the in-game store will be in the game again (except for Windows XP and Vista users.)

But here is what you do. You purchase the Expansion from the Market. In the e-mail account associated with your DDO account, you will get a purchase confirmation as well as a unique code. You open the game, and open the in-game Store, which currently opens in your browser. Near the top of the page it says "Redeem Code", click that and paste your unique code (from the e-mail) into the "Coupon Code" box.

Default Well that's 50 bucks down the drain

I tried it. I got a code. Go to the coupon thing and it says that the code has all ready been activated.

I am angry. I have paid and not received what I purchased. But all purchases are final, but it seems to me that selling an expired code is fraud.

I tried it. I got a code. Go to the coupon thing and it says that the code has all ready been activated.

I am angry. I have paid and not received what I purchased. But all purchases are final, but it seems to me that selling an expired code is fraud.
    sorry by that, but you aren't the first one suffering it, i would say every player after the change has suffered the same luck, there're plenty threads in forum (and that's the reason i won't buy next expansion) dunno if someone fixed it for these players, but they talked about more than 1 month waiting

good luck
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us