Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you!

NP.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    If(?) you can scratch 3 AP off something else, grabbing Colorspray asap (8 AP total in Gnome) could only help.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Gnome_enhancements#Tier_Two
    Actually, my math above was sloppy on 2 counts.

First, with your 3 free AP, you're already there - 6 AP total will get you the SLA at 100% effectiveness. From there, it's only an extra 2 AP to reduce the spellpoint cost from 10 -> 5 -> 2 (and you may not need to reduce it that much).

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    NP.

Actually, my math above was sloppy on 2 counts.

First, with your 3 free AP, you're already there - 6 AP total will get you the SLA at 100% effectiveness. From there, it's only an extra 2 AP to reduce the spellpoint cost from 10 -> 5 -> 2 (and you may not need to reduce it that much).
    Unless I'm missing something, I think your math was off in the Harper tree (or typo'd). You need 12 points to get Strategic Combat II (10 in tree + 2 for enhancement)

Maybe take Harper Int. (level 3) and Strategic Combat II until Arti 6th. Then respec. to 8 points in Harper, pick up Gnome Int. and 1 for Color Spray. 6 points total, giving you one left from redoing Harper tree to spend elsewhere.

Either way, I appreciate the guidance.
    Last edited by huntdawumpus; 09-20-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntdawumpus View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, I think your math was off in the Harper tree (or typo'd)...
    I'm def gonna go with "typo'd".

Community Member

Hi there, i'm a quite recent player and arti looks like a lot of fun so i obivously am here to ask a few questions before stepping into the character creation ^^!

First of all i would like to know if i understand well why the build is self-forged. It's mostly a matter of healing in party? Since a warforgd is immune to positive energy u go the slf forged route to get the innate benefits of the warforgd race (immunties) as well as an access to all the repair spells for self-healing while still beeing able to get healed by positive energy(even tho u get a 25% penalty as a self forgd but who cares), am i getting this right?

My second question is, the build dscription says u needed 3 feats before u38 to get 100% repair amp and now only 2 so just by curiosity, what was the third feat?

And my last question, if playing mostly solo, is it worth going the self-forged route or should i better go with a warforged to get some more tankiness out of the racial tree?
    Last edited by Xera; 11-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xera View Post
    Hi there, i'm a quite recent player and arti looks like a lot of fun so i obivously am here to ask a few questions before stepping into the character creation ^^!

First of all i would like to know if i understand well why the build is self-forged. It's mostly a matter of healing in party? Since a warforgd is immune to positive energy u go the slf forged route to get the innate benefits of the warforgd race (immunties) as well as an access to all the repair spells for self-healing while still beeing able to get healed by positive energy(even tho u get a 25% penalty as a self forgd but who cares), am i getting this right?

My second question is, the build dscription says u needed 3 feats before u38 to get 100% repair amp and now only 2 so just by curiosity, what was the third feat?

And my last question, if playing mostly solo, is it worth going the self-forged route or should i better go with a warforged to get some more tankiness out of the racial tree?
    Warforged aren't immune to positive energy, they just have reduced vulnerability to it. What you get in the deal by going self-forged is one or two Quickened Reconstructs for large "oh ****" healing in tight spots. The potion Admixtures can't be quickened, so while they're okay for maintenance heals, they're not the best option in the middle of a very tough fight. Converter means you can make sure the most valuable ally in party is also getting the benefit of quickened reconstruction if the healing situation is otherwise not great.

I believe Construct Exemplar was the third feat required for full-powered repairs on a fleshy - it still exists, but does something else now as its old benefits were folded into Improved Construct Essence.

It's still worth it going solo. You won't really have the AP to play around much in the racial tree, and some of the heavy armor options are better than equivalent docent options.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Out and Proud :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Tenpercenter / Rashree (TR) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    My general gearing for this character through Heroics was as follows:

Slot Prefix Suffix Extra Augment Versions
    Helmet Intelligence Spellsight (ML5), Spot (ML10 and up) Insightful Intelligence Blindness Immunity ML5, ML10, ML16
    Goggles Greensteel ConcOpp (HP/SP) (ML11)
    Necklace Heal Impulse Protection ML5
    Cloak Cloak of Invisibility Ghost-Waking Cloak Empty (ML9)
    Bracers Mysterious Bracers Strength, Resistance (ML7, ML14)
    Gloves Wizardry Potency (ML5), Healing Amplification (ML10) Insightful Dexterity Water Breathing ML5, ML10
    Belt Dodge (ML5), Doubleshot (ML10) Strength (ML5), Natural Armor (ML10) Insightful Dodge Good Luck ML5, ML10
    Boots Dexterity (ML5), Spellsight (ML10, ML16) Sheltering Insightful Spellsight Feather Falling ML5, ML10, ML16
    Ring 1 Constitution False Life Insightful Constitution Master's Gift ML5, ML10, ML16
    Ring 2 Fire or Kinetic Lore Combustion (ML5), Impulse (ML10, ML16) Insightful PRR Heavy Fortification ML5, ML10, ML16
    Trinket Doubleshot Deadly ML5
    Armor Devotion Healing Amp Moderate Fortification (ML4), Heavy Fortification (ML8) ML4, ML8

From Level 10 onward, I used Scales of Avarice for armor (this is why Vitality is not slotted anywhere.) At Level 11, my necklace was swapped permanently to a Torc. At Level 9 and 13, my trinket changed to, respectively, The Blood Stone and Litany of the Dead. At Level 14 I swapped my gloves for Backstabber's Gloves, and at 15 my belt was swapped over to an Outpost Sniper's Belt.

At Level 5, you get +4 stats on crafted items. At 10, you get +6 and Insightful becomes an option. While you get +8 Enhancement/+3 Insightful at 15, I waited til 16 to pair them better with Gianthold augments. This is why the level breakpoints are where they are. Up until Level 5, I simply used whatever lootgen I could find.

Dodge is not slotted past lower levels because between Gnome enhancements, the Grim Barricade tree, and Insightful, you hit your Dodge cap pretty quick.

Runearms used were Flicker (Levels 2 to 4), Strinati's Hand Cannon (Levels 5 to 12), Arm of the Archons (Levels 13 to 18), The Arc Welder (Storm) (Levels 15 to 18), Lucid Dreams (Levels 19 and 20), and Toven's Hammer (Levels 19 to 20), with Hand of the Tombs and The Disciplinator swapped in when Disruption and Smiting, respectively, were needed.

Weapons used were various lootgen vorpals and crafted Light of Bludgeoning at Levels 1, 5, and 10, then Light Boltslinger from 15 and up. Silver Slinger is used from 16 and up as a swap against skeletons and others that have some form of Blunt DR.
    Thanks for the write up and guide! I am playing this as a second life build and its really going well so far. Gearing question though. Do you have any reccomendations for goggles, bracers and cloaks until I can get to Greensteel, farm Tempest Spine and another Champion Hunter week comes along?

Community Member

Default field scrapper

hello returning player
    i want to try this build
    but can someone tell me why he took Field Scrapper III
    how do you use sunder with this build ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by valelounette View Post
    hello returning player
    i want to try this build
    but can someone tell me why he took Field Scrapper III
    how do you use sunder with this build ?
    Welcome back!

Depending on when you left, Battle Engineer may have been updated since then. Regardless, the T5 ability "Thunder Shock: Crossbow" (and its melee equivalent) use Sunder for its DC, as does its T4 prereq "Shatter Defenses"

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    By request, a first-life friendly variation of the build. It requires Gnome, 32-point builds, Harper Agent, and a +2 Dex tome from 1750 Favor taken before Level 24. Enhancements and Destinies are the same as the ones taken in the first post.

Due to starting with 6 Strength, you should either get or craft the best Strength item you can find right at the start, or use Bull's Strength scrolls and wands if you are starting at Level 1. For a 34-point (first TR) version, increase Strength to 8 to relieve some of the early encumbrance issues.

Vorpal Princess (First-life version)
    Artificer 20
    True Neutral Gnome

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . .6. . . . . . . . 4: INT
    Dexterity . . . 18. . . .+2. . . .8: INT
    Constitution. . 14. . . . . . . .12: INT
    Intelligence. . 18. . . . . . . .16: INT
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . . . . . .20: DEX
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . . . . . .24: INT
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: INT

Skills
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spellcr . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Disable . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Search. . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spot. . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    UMD . . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Open Lo . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . .22
    Jump. . . 1. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. 1. 11
    Balance . . . . . . . . . . . .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 . 9
    Tumble. . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .32. 8. 8. 8. 8. 8. 8. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9 10 10 10 10 10

Feats

.1. . . . : Point Blank Shot
    .3. . . . : Rapid Shot
    .4 Arti . : Precise Shot
    .6. . . . : Precision OR Empower Spell
    .8 Arti . : Quicken Spell
    .9. . . . : Armor Proficiency: Heavy
    12. . . . : Spell Focus: Evocation
    12 Arti . : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15. . . . : Insightful Reflexes
    16 Arti . : Maximize Spell
    18. . . . : Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
    20 Arti . : Improved Precise Shot
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Combat Archery
    26 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Force
    27 Epic . : Intensify Spell
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    29 Destiny: Arcane Pulse
    30 Epic . : Blinding Speed
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea
    What are your choices for the first 6 spells after you have done the rest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutbutterjelly View Post
    What are your choices for the first 6 spells after you have done the rest ?
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I moved recently and the internet at the new place is terrible.

Conjure Bolts / Curative Admixture: Cure Light Wounds / Enchant Armor / Enchant Weapons / Master's Touch / Resistance

Basically, all the scrolls at level 1 that you can't buy at either the Artificer vendor in House C, or from one of the Arcane/Divine vendors in the Marketplace. (And Conjure Bolts is bugged, you have to take it at creation to get the full benefit.)
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Out and Proud :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Tenpercenter / Rashree (TR) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12