Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    how would u change your level split for inq? or would you?

sry was going through all the replys and probably missed it.

running a pure drow arti right now, and damage is great survivablity is only ok.
    I am running a variation of this build on the hardcore server right now. I am level 10 and still using a repeater but my plan is go to warforged 15 arti 3 fighter 2 monk - on live I would go 16 arti 2 fighter 2 monk but I plan to give up deadly weapons and get some more prr/mrr. Nobody in our 3-man group died so far with a mix of reaper elite and some hards. As we get closer to 1750 the group seems to want to dial it down so we get that reward and 20 and then start up with reaper again at 30.

This build works really good on hardcore because there is some low hanging hp fruit and dps is good at low levels with just a repeater + harper 12 pts. Specifically 5 pts in RMM gets you 25 hp + 20 repair amp. A 6th pt gets you another 10 hp. There is 10 hp available in warforged and you get 15 hp with harper.

My leveling plan is

1-2 arti (point blank shot + rapid reload is an auto grant)
    3 Monk (precision + rapid shot)
    4 fighter (precise shot)
    5 monk (toughness)
    6 - 10 arti (insightful reflexes + quicken)
    11 fighter (improved critical ranged)

Also, I find on a first lifer on hardcore my umd is harder to hit so have been using repair wands and that is working quite well with wand and scroll mastery at lower levels. I am not sure what level I will switch to inquisitor but I suspect somewhere in the high teens. Also with the option to get class rewards as an arti you see alot of great random loot crossbows - have multiple vorpal keens. Just check each one usually vorpal keen shows up as just keen until you actually look at the item. I saw cordovan make this mistake on his hardcore stream yesterday - didn't even check the keen crossbow which could have very well been vorpal keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    You're survival is better with pure arti. 30+ APs in Inq, and then use 30+ for RM tree rather than BE tree. 2 reconstructs and 2 radiant forcefields will get you through pretty much everything.
    I disagree with this assessment because you really want to go 41 pts in inquisitor as strong dps + the knockdown proc is actually a better "defense" in many cases than some extra hp. If you do want to go more tanky and drop evasion I would suggest 16 arti 4 fighter vs. pure arti. you don't really need 2 reconstructs or 2 radiant forcefields with this build. Dipping into RMM for the low hanging fruit certainly makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

I disagree with this assessment because you really want to go 41 pts in inquisitor as strong dps + the knockdown proc is actually a better "defense" in many cases than some extra hp. If you do want to go more tanky and drop evasion I would suggest 16 arti 4 fighter vs. pure arti. you don't really need 2 reconstructs or 2 radiant forcefields with this build. Dipping into RMM for the low hanging fruit certainly makes sense.
    I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but my response to hobgoblin was also a response to his/her own thread where he/she posted the same question on Inq and pure arti. He/She is having some difficulty with balancing the progression of arti and Inq and the balance between which offensive tree to focus on and how to focus on each.

No doubt the trip and extra ranged power in multiple ways is great offense and a great defense .... but my guess (and inference) is that hobs is not a power gamer and some extra heals and defense will more than compensate to keep them alive as they are not as skilled as you and playing an advanced multiclass build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Bounty Hunter

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but my response to hobgoblin was also a response to his/her own thread where he/she posted the same question on Inq and pure arti. He/She is having some difficulty with balancing the progression of arti and Inq and the balance between which offensive tree to focus on and how to focus on each.

No doubt the trip and extra ranged power in multiple ways is great offense and a great defense .... but my guess (and inference) is that hobs is not a power gamer and some extra heals and defense will more than compensate to keep them alive as they are not as skilled as you and playing an advanced multiclass build.
    I agree that personal playstyle trumps all else.

to clarify - i am somewhat good at playing, and I solo a lot as i have weird hours.

I would call myself a casual power gamer - ie im ok at playing horrible at building a multi class. I dont see the synergy in builds myself until they are pointed out, but play them well when I see them. I try to optimize my builds and gear but I am far from an expert.

Inq is very new to me. as a pure arti, i live very well, but damage is only good. not great. I feel that if i did this one it would increase a lot, but missing defenses for more dps.Correct?

sry bout the rant.

ty for the advice

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456