Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 105
  1. #41
    The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default No more uncentred dodge

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    2 monk provides 4% dodge from levels.
    Don't think you get this any more. Need to be centred...

    Hap

  2. #42
    Community Member huey9187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    169

    Default viable to 30?

    anyone take this build to 30 ? what feats and how did it perform. what about gear at end game
    LOGAINE PROUD GIMP OF FIREFLY

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks for posting this detailed guide

    I just reincarnated into this and I've got a few questiont:

    1. Which Epic Destiny would you recommend for epic leveling with this build? I gravitate towards Shiradi, but maybe Legendary Dreadnaught would work better.
    2. Which allignement would you recommend? I took lawful good but didnt think about the negative level I will get through evil weapons, so maybe lawful neutral would have been better.
    3. In which tree did you put your reaper enhancement points?
    4. What kind of armor did you use for your level 1 armor? A Robe for Dodge? if so, where do you find a robe with a colorless slot. I have only ever seen ones with a blue slot.
    5. Regarding runearms: are you wearing Chimeras Breath from 5-20 or are there too many good runearms past level 5 to recommend specific ones?
    Last edited by Shaitaan; 11-25-2017 at 09:35 AM.

  4. #44
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaitaan View Post
    Thanks for posting this detailed guide

    I just reincarnated into this and I've got a few questiont:

    1. Which Epic Destiny would you recommend for epic leveling with this build? I gravitate towards Shiradi, but maybe Legendary Dreadnaught would work better.
    2. Which allignement would you recommend? I took lawful good but didnt think about the negative level I will get through evil weapons, so maybe lawful neutral would have been better.
    3. In which tree did you put your reaper enhancement points?
    4. What kind of armor did you use for your level 1 armor? A Robe for Dodge? if so, where do you find a robe with a colorless slot. I have only ever seen ones with a blue slot.
    5. Regarding runearms: are you wearing Chimeras Breath from 5-20 or are there too many good runearms past level 5 to recommend specific ones?
    There are many that work I prefer LD simply because the benefits scale to mobs and bosses and the extra PRR is very helpful for champs and carnage reapers. For alignment I go Lawful Neutral. Good not only gives negative levels on some items, but there are some demon web traps that only do damage to you if you are good aligned. There is no reason to go good in this game unless you have paladin levels.

    I put all my reaper points to the defense tree on this build. The damage bonuses are subject to the reaper penalties, more hp and defense reduces deaths. Also, since it's INT based the stat bonuses on the damage tree don't help.

    At level 1 through 6 I use a robe of fearsome/invulnerability with a master's gift slotted (crafted item). A robe with blue slots is common and doesn't have level restrictions unlike most other armor. Even though it's a blue slot, you can add a colorless augment to it.

    For rune arms I have some that were crafted with masterful craftmanship prior to the crafting update. Those are 2 levels lower than the stated level. At level 1 you can't use a rune arm. Level 2 I use flicker with masterful craftmanship. Level 3 I use chimera's breath with masterful craftmanship. At level 5 I situationally use Conroach with masterful craftmanship . At level 9 I use Hand of the Tombs against undead for the undead vorpal proc. I use Tirra's Splendor at 15 and Animus (masterful craftmanship) and Lucid Dreams at 17. For any rune arm without masterful craftmanship I add concentration, insightful concentration to it if possible to help with the scroll healing.

    If you have triple positive LGS repeater and hand of the tombs you will crush all the heroic undead quests .

    Quote Originally Posted by huey9187 View Post
    anyone take this build to 30 ? what feats and how did it perform. what about gear at end game
    I took it to 30 a few times. The epic quests are generally tougher to solo on reaper because of incoming damage and bosses with so many hp. It does fine in a group, but it's tough to find the reaper group at the right level. Soloing feels slower than it does during heroic levels partly because you have to more careful about incoming damage and partially due to the hp bloat which takes the enemies out of improved and sovereign vorpal range.

    it's generally hard to find people to group with on reaper at lower epic levels, but fairly easy 28-30. I would say try it out on reaper solo if you can't find groups, otherwise if you want the epic past lifes fast be opportunistic and run slayers and ee at lower levels and join groups as you get to higher levels and see lfms or think people will join your lfm. You can will get quite a bit of reaper xp from 28-30 in fast groups, but 20-27 has much less activity - at least on Sarlona when I am playing.

  5. #45
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    There are many that work I prefer LD simply because the benefits scale to mobs and bosses and the extra PRR is very helpful for champs and carnage reapers. For alignment I go Lawful Neutral. Good not only gives negative levels on some items, but there are some demon web traps that only do damage to you if you are good aligned. There is no reason to go good in this game unless you have paladin levels.

    I put all my reaper points to the defense tree on this build. The damage bonuses are subject to the reaper penalties, more hp and defense reduces deaths. Also, since it's INT based the stat bonuses on the damage tree don't help.

    At level 1 through 6 I use a robe of fearsome/invulnerability with a master's gift slotted (crafted item). A robe with blue slots is common and doesn't have level restrictions unlike most other armor. Even though it's a blue slot, you can add a colorless augment to it.

    For rune arms I have some that were crafted with masterful craftmanship prior to the crafting update. Those are 2 levels lower than the stated level. At level 1 you can't use a rune arm. Level 2 I use flicker with masterful craftmanship. Level 3 I use chimera's breath with masterful craftmanship. At level 5 I situationally use Conroach with masterful craftmanship . At level 9 I use Hand of the Tombs against undead for the undead vorpal proc. I use Tirra's Splendor at 15 and Animus (masterful craftmanship) and Lucid Dreams at 17. For any rune arm without masterful craftmanship I add concentration, insightful concentration to it if possible to help with the scroll healing.

    If you have triple positive LGS repeater and hand of the tombs you will crush all the heroic undead quests .



    I took it to 30 a few times. The epic quests are generally tougher to solo on reaper because of incoming damage and bosses with so many hp. It does fine in a group, but it's tough to find the reaper group at the right level. Soloing feels slower than it does during heroic levels partly because you have to more careful about incoming damage and partially due to the hp bloat which takes the enemies out of improved and sovereign vorpal range.

    it's generally hard to find people to group with on reaper at lower epic levels, but fairly easy 28-30. I would say try it out on reaper solo if you can't find groups, otherwise if you want the epic past lifes fast be opportunistic and run slayers and ee at lower levels and join groups as you get to higher levels and see lfms or think people will join your lfm. You can will get quite a bit of reaper xp from 28-30 in fast groups, but 20-27 has much less activity - at least on Sarlona when I am playing.
    Huh, is the minimum level of 2 displayed on a robe with a blue slot not correct then? I disjuncted one but didn't want to put my Master's Gift into it, since the robe with the slot says level 2.

  6. #46
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaitaan View Post
    Huh, is the minimum level of 2 displayed on a robe with a blue slot not correct then? I disjuncted one but didn't want to put my Master's Gift into it, since the robe with the slot says level 2.
    After disjunction is shows level 2. However, if you apply a level 1 shard to the robe it changes to level 1 and there is no absolute minimum level due to the slot. When I slot the master's gift augment the robe remains bta and level 1.

  7. #47
    Community Member Pyyro_del_Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In BC where the Bud doth grow
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    The build earns approximately 124,917 rxp from 1 to 20 running R3. So if you did 30 heroic 1-20 lifes you would end up with just under 4 million rxp You will nearly double that if you run from 1-30 rather than just 1-20.
    Hey man, thanks for the awesome guide. Do you have any questing guide to get the 124,197 rxp or time efficient/reaper xp leveling guide for this build other than Kobolds New Ringleader at level 1? Or could you link to another guide that you think is good? I took along hiatus from the game and missed a lot of content releases, so I am no longer sure of the best route to 20.
    CANNITH player. Recently returned to the game after 2 years, proudly back with Skunkworks my old crew. Finally hit completionist after 6 years on Pyrau!! Have 10 other epic characters across all play styles, some TRs.

  8. #48
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyyro_del_Drago View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the awesome guide. Do you have any questing guide to get the 124,197 rxp or time efficient/reaper xp leveling guide for this build other than Kobolds New Ringleader at level 1? Or could you link to another guide that you think is good? I took along hiatus from the game and missed a lot of content releases, so I am no longer sure of the best route to 20.
    I generally run all the quests once on R3 until I am capped 1 level above (for example, running level 4s at level 4 and stop once I am near cap for level 5 and must take level 5).

    The newer quests are generally more difficult than older quests at the same level. The enemies hit harder and have more hp. One ramification of this is that your vorpal and improved vorpal procs won't start until the enemy is below the right # of hp. Since this is a commonly known fact new quests are also harder to fill as most people prefer the path of least resistance.

    So for example if you are looking at level 14 quests A Cabal for One or Desecrated Temple of Vol will be much easier than Tavern Brawl. If you want to run the newest quests general rule of thumb is drop down to 1 skull and it will still be a little tougher than a 3 skull older quest. You will want to run some new quests though - possibly on elite if reaper 1 skull is too tough:

    Subversion to get this: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Fatal_Flaw
    Strike Back to get this: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Light_Boltslinger

    On paper The Fatal Flaw is a little better, but I don't notice any difference between the 2.

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Thanks for sharing, looking forward to updating to U37

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I have read this over and over and pondered it much.
    I played around with the numbers and ended up theory crafting a 18 fighter 2 rogue with very similar abilities.
    rogue gives evasion removing the need for monk
    rogue gives traps removing the need for artificer
    you miss out on runearms and arti spells
    all enhancement points into kensai, gnome, and harper. Stick with light repeater. Gnomes get UMD bonuses and perm blur too

    - Feat : Evasion @ level 2
    - Enhancement : Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Multiplier @ level 8
    - Feat : Improved Critical @ level 10
    - Enhancement : Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Range @ level 11
    - Feat : Improved Precise Shot @ level 12

    How much do you really use the artificer aspects (rune arm/spells) of this build?

  11. #51
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave_todd View Post
    I have read this over and over and pondered it much.
    I played around with the numbers and ended up theory crafting a 18 fighter 2 rogue with very similar abilities.
    rogue gives evasion removing the need for monk
    rogue gives traps removing the need for artificer
    you miss out on runearms and arti spells
    all enhancement points into kensai, gnome, and harper. Stick with light repeater. Gnomes get UMD bonuses and perm blur too

    - Feat : Evasion @ level 2
    - Enhancement : Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Multiplier @ level 8
    - Feat : Improved Critical @ level 10
    - Enhancement : Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Range @ level 11
    - Feat : Improved Precise Shot @ level 12

    How much do you really use the artificer aspects (rune arm/spells) of this build?
    From a bab perspective rogue, artificer and monk levels all slow down the progression. I think you should give the build a try - basically the key elements of the build are the same and I am sure the build will work. Key things you lose with artificer levels:

    - Endless Fusillade at level 12 (biggest loss).
    - cheap 4 pt wand and scroll mastery but on the plus you can make traps using 100% skill bonus rather than 50%
    - artificer levels raise scroll level so your scroll healing will be slightly less effective than what I have listed
    - lower concentration skill for scroll healing
    - easier spell point management for kta and eventually cocoon
    - rune arm procs
    - conjure bolts convenience

    On the other hand you will have your crits faster and other benefits. The basic elements of the build are still the same so I am sure it will work. The main thing I would miss is endless fusillade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhijie View Post
    Thanks for sharing, looking forward to updating to U37

    There are definitely some nice items with Ravenloft I would use. Since the build is primarily a leveling build there aren't any changes to the build 1-19. I have been looking at sentient weapons for levels 20+, and obviously needle would be great to upgrade if that is possible, but I haven't look at it yet. At the moment I am having too much fun at cap, but I am likely to be back TRing soon.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-17-2017 at 06:24 AM.

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    From a bab perspective rogue, artificer and monk levels all slow down the progression. I think you should give the build a try - basically the key elements of the build are the same and I am sure the build will work. Key things you lose with artificer levels:
    yup and thats the main feature, 2 rogue levels and 18 fighter rather than listed above.

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    - Endless Fusillade at level 12 (biggest loss). Yeah i have no answer to that.
    - cheap 4 pt wand and scroll mastery but on the plus you can make traps using 100% skill bonus rather than 50%. Gnomes get wand and scroll mastery too, same skill and points.
    - artificer levels raise scroll level so your scroll healing will be slightly less effective than what I have listed. I am not totally familiar with this so i dont know how much real difference it would make.
    - lower concentration skill for scroll healing. I hate the idea of using scrolls in combat. I only use them between battles.
    - easier spell point management for kta and eventually cocoon. I gave up on KTA as i always forgot to click it. Harper gives enough spell points as part of its tree i found anyway.
    - rune arm procs. Yup this i listed as a loss. Again not sure how much real damage it gives. Compared to gnome blur and color spray tho, i think im winning.
    - conjure bolts convenience. Wand of fire arrow is an easy UMD. Not as good but still fully usable.

    On the other hand you will have your crits faster and other benefits. The basic elements of the build are still the same so I am sure it will work. The main thing I would miss is endless fusillade.
    Yup fair call.

  13. #53
    Community Member Azdraugnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    253

    Default

    So, just to double check, exactly how many sets of Cannith jewelry/clothing did you make, and for what levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Obviously, nobody is allowed to move until the cleric is out of mana and the buff fest is finally over.

  14. #54
    Community Member bls904c2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azdraugnor View Post
    So, just to double check, exactly how many sets of Cannith jewelry/clothing did you make, and for what levels?
    its just a guess but 3-4 sets

    level 2 just totally optional equipment granting you a + 2 to you stats ( i usually just equip what i find)

    level 5 granting you +4 to stats

    level 10 granting you +6 to stats with the ability to add insightful to gear starting at level 10

    level 15 granting you +8 to stats with insightful

    that's easiest places to replace gear as sets adding a few items GS at 11 and 12


    edit ---- there is a good website for playing around with canith crafted gear looking at stats and planing equipment

    check out http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/gear_master.html?i=1
    Last edited by bls904c2; 12-25-2017 at 02:11 AM.

  15. #55
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azdraugnor View Post
    So, just to double check, exactly how many sets of Cannith jewelry/clothing did you make, and for what levels?
    Yeah, OP lists a LOT of levels where "Cannith Crafting Clothing/Jewelry upgraded" - unclear if that's selective, or all of them, or what.

    (To see for yourself, use [Ctl] + [f] and search for "Other Gear Added/Upgraded", and just keep hitting [Enter] to scroll down thru them all.)

    As he's trying to squeeze every last bit of juice out of this that he can (since a RR train is currently x33 lives!), I'd say - as many as you have the will to deal with. It's diminishing returns, so def ymmv where that lesser improvement is/not worth the effort (and storage space).
    Last edited by C-Dog; 12-25-2017 at 03:05 PM.

  16. #56
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    its just a guess but 3-4 sets

    level 2 just totally optional equipment granting you a + 2 to you stats ( i usually just equip what i find)

    level 5 granting you +4 to stats

    level 10 granting you +6 to stats with the ability to add insightful to gear starting at level 10

    level 15 granting you +8 to stats with insightful

    that's easiest places to replace gear as sets adding a few items GS at 11 and 12


    edit ---- there is a good website for playing around with canith crafted gear looking at stats and planing equipment

    check out http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/gear_master.html?i=1
    yeah basically and I don't have insightful on all pieces as I simply don't have the mats. I listed what would be ideal gear with swaps as stat goes up 1, but as you say it's easiest to pick a few levels and swap gear at those levels rather than store so much gear. With weapons a vorpal, undead bane and at higher level dr breaking weapon is all you really need. The others listed speed up boss fights but aren't needed.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Is there something I'm missing at level 14? A lot of stuff refers to having Thunder-shock weapon but it never takes shatter defenses, and also you take thunder-shock weapon again at 18.

  18. #58
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodal View Post
    Is there something I'm missing at level 14? A lot of stuff refers to having Thunder-shock weapon but it never takes shatter defenses, and also you take thunder-shock weapon again at 18.
    Yes I think I got that wrong and will check the order and correct it. At 14 I start taking the prereqs for thunder-shock weapons and then at 18 I take thunder-shock weapons. I also need to update skill points since the new tome changes increases skill points 1 level from 2 to 19 with an int tome and it may be possible to lower dex to 14 instead of 16 with a dex tome.

    Thank you for pointing that out.

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Just hit Level 8 on this build, I went human for dragonmark of passage and been adjusting feats / enhancement points along the way...been very fun so far.
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #43 (14 Epic, 23 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti 10 Epic

  20. #60
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Virginia / Eastern Panhandle
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

    There are definitely some nice items with Ravenloft I would use. Since the build is primarily a leveling build there aren't any changes to the build 1-19. I have been looking at sentient weapons for levels 20+, and obviously needle would be great to upgrade if that is possible, but I haven't look at it yet. At the moment I am having too much fun at cap, but I am likely to be back TRing soon.
    Hey Slarden, would this build be better to run for racial past lives than your Warlock build? I want to get them out of the way. I have completionist, but not x3 in a class. I do want to get x3 in my racials for the free racial points.

    I have tons of gear I have accumatled over the years and now with raveloft. My only interest is 1-20 , so I am looking for optimal gear for the leveling process.

    I need to get a routine down too of what places to quest in.. seems like every life I am trying to figure out what I did the life before to level :P

    But ya this build or lock build, and the optimal gear for 1 to 20.. I know level 10 gear with ravenloft might be nice..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload