Default Please modify this one ignore feature

Instead of having a huge notification that a poster you ignored made a post, which is more attention getting them the persons actual post, make ignored posts invisible. Having to scroll past over 80 post notifications that a post was made by the same one person in the same thread because they are too busy chronically last-wording the same one other person in the thread, defeats the entire purpose of having an ignore function.
    Historically: If every melee nerf after each melee class revamp was reverted back to its pre-nerf version, which melee build(s) are OP in the current meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Instead of having a huge notification that a poster you ignored made a post, which is more attention getting them the persons actual post, make ignored posts invisible. Having to scroll past over 80 post notifications that a post was made by the same one person in the same thread because they are too busy chronically last-wording the same one other person in the thread, defeats the entire purpose of having an ignore function.
    Heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
    Last edited by Thrudh; 07-06-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Agreed.
    Icedtea - CashierTwo - Jolyrancher - Arrance - Antiquary - &4/5 more
    Proud member of KaoS

Community Manager

We don't have any immediate plans to update the forums or web site, but if we do, I agree this is something we should attempt to pursue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

you may have some traction with Tampermonkey
    but that will take some of your own work ^^

GL!
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We don't have any immediate plans to update the forums or web site, but if we do, I agree this is something we should attempt to pursue.
    i know you said no plans - but dont you think that is kinda a fail?

i mean if you make the website more attractive you will get more customer and reassure the ones you have.

so i know that its not a big thing but look at swtor or wow. they seem to have a good website thing going
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    So wait, if you're ignoring someone and they make a post, do you get a notification? Or is it just if they post in the same thread as you?

Either way, I'd very much like to hear the rational behind such a decision.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    So wait, if you're ignoring someone and they make a post, do you get a notification? Or is it just if they post in the same thread as you?

Either way, I'd very much like to hear the rational behind such a decision.
    Neither, AFAIK (Unless maybe you've subscribed to the thread, I dunno about that). What happens is you get a big "A USER YOU HAVE IGNORED POSTED HERE" instead of the actual post he made, when perusing that thread. And ther'es an option to see the post anyway. But what really makes it bad is it's the same really-noticeable, impossible-to-read coloration you get when you click on somebody's user-name and hit "View forum posts." So when somebody you've ignored has been very chatty in a thread you're reading, his ignored posts REALLY stand out.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

The Hatchery

I wonder if it would be possible for someone good with CSS to whip up a Stylish script that does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I don't think vBulletin -- or any mainstream message board software -- has ever implemented a true "hide ignore posts" feature, despite having seen multiple requests for such a feature on pretty much every message board I participate in. After a quick googling, there do seem to be mods available that you guys could install to accomplish this. Whether you want to run modded MB software is of course up to you.

There also appear to be greasemonkey and tampermonkey scripts that we as end users can install to accomplish it ourselves. For an example, search google for:

Greasemonkey script to completely ignore threads posted by some users

I haven't personally tried it since I don't think I've ever ignored anyone on a message board.