View Poll Results: Reaper exp per account?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! its good idea.

    39 54.17%
  • No i dont like it

    33 45.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    16,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    So don't enter Reaper on any of those alts of yours. Why do they need Reaper XP? Who expects people to earn Reaper XP on every character?
    I have 31 Character Slots - Yes I get 10 for VIP and there's the 2 I got with Shadowfell and possibly a couple more that the Devs have given out but that still means I've OUTRIGHT BOUGHT 17 SLOTS!

    Now I'm being PUNISHED for having done so!

    Why wouldn't you expect to have a REASONABLE opportunity to max out ALL your Characters? What would be the point of creating them otherwise? {I'm not talking about Mules or Quest Openers Here!}.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Why should Reaper XP be treated differently to XP?
    Because it's NOT THE SAME THING!

    Why is Cannith Crafting XP treated differently? Why is Guild Renown treated differently? BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT SYSTEMS AND SO IS RXP!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Racial TRs are new. By your logic, I should be able to Racial TR all of my toons when I Racial TR one of my toons. And when a new raid comes out. Well, its new. I'd like the loot for all of my toons. Or maybe just new toons. Because they are new.
    And again you retreat to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

    I've already said what I'd like the Devs to do with Racial TRs - Merge them with Heroic TRs!

    Loot is completely different and guess what WE HAVE BTA LOOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    feel like I should stick a bunch of !!! at the end of each of my sentences. And maybe use capitals a lot. YOU KNOW, FOR EFFECT !!!
    How you compose your posts does not make a blind bit of difference to me - I don't care!

    What I care about is what's in the post not the Grammar!

  2. #22
    Community Member FuryFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I have 31 Character Slots - Yes I get 10 for VIP and there's the 2 I got with Shadowfell and possibly a couple more that the Devs have given out but that still means I've OUTRIGHT BOUGHT 17 SLOTS!

    Now I'm being PUNISHED for having done so!

    Why wouldn't you expect to have a REASONABLE opportunity to max out ALL your Characters? What would be the point of creating them otherwise? {I'm not talking about Mules or Quest Openers Here!}.
    I don't understand how you are being punished for having alts or for having bought those character slots. I mean, you have the same opportunity as everyone else to get reaper experience, so clearly you are not being punished due to having alts. I understand that it will take you more time to reach a meaningful level of reaper experience on any one character if you choose to level many of them at once. That's simply how making more characters works.

    To me, it makes sense that the more characters you have, the harder it would be to max all of them. Also, people have different reasons to create alts; it's not always about having all of them maxed.

    Because it's NOT THE SAME THING!

    Why is Cannith Crafting XP treated differently? Why is Guild Renown treated differently? BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT SYSTEMS AND SO IS RXP!
    Well, actually, I would consider reaper experience to be along the same lines as regular enhancements, epic destinies or simply leveling (feats, spells, etc.). They are all forms of character-based progression, and they progress based on the quests completed and other experiences of the individual character. Even Cannith Crafting experience is similar to reaper experience for that reason. It would not make sense for reaper experience to transfer across an account because it is a reward for a particular character for having completed a greater challenge.

    If your, say, level 30 wizard went into a dungeon on reaper difficulty, slew all the monsters, then received some reaper experience, it makes sense; he experienced reaper, so he gains experience points for it. Similarly to regular experience or epic destinies, which follow the same system. What doesn't make sense is if you create a level 1 fighter and he is created with the wizard's reaper experience. It's exactly as if you started off with all the regular experience of the level 30 wizard on that fighter. Each character progresses individually based on their own achievements and time dedicated.


    In all, I disagree with the idea that reaper experience should be account-wide. There is no reason someone who willingly plays more characters can't do the same thing they do with regular experience, but with reaper experience. Changing it would oppose how every other character advancement system in the game works, as well as causing problems with the idea of experience points, and enabling players to use it for negative purposes rather than what this one group of players wants it for.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I have 31 Character Slots - Yes I get 10 for VIP and there's the 2 I got with Shadowfell and possibly a couple more that the Devs have given out but that still means I've OUTRIGHT BOUGHT 17 SLOTS!

    Now I'm being PUNISHED for having done so!
    Who is stopping you from playing those alts in Reaper content?

    If you get a racial TR on one of your toons, should the other 30 get the benefit? Should it be account wide or just server wide?

    Instead of just getting Reaper XP on all 31 of your toons when just one of your toons runs a dungeon, why not demand you get shared experience as well? Otherwise you are being PUNISHED!

    And dont get me started on loot. Past lives are clearly attuned to your character. But loot is just loot. Every single item should be BTA not BTC. So you can use 1 toon to farm raids and then all 31 of your toons can use the item. Anything less is a PUNISHMENT!

  4. #24
    Community Member adrian69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I stopped playing my alts after Reaper/RTR came out. Started playing 4 less hours a day and now I spend about $70 less a month. Feels like a win/win to me. I'd pick one back up in RXP was shared, but otherwise 1 triple completionist of everything is enough when I hit my 30 RTRs in Dec.
    Drakenocas, The Sword of Mourning of KaOS of Khyber
    Triple Heroic, Epic, Iconic Completionist. Racial IP

  5. #25
    Community Member nolifer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    yes please, i play 5 characters , getting reaper xp on all of them is pain and endless grind, same with all the passlifes, if i start getting heroic racials and epic past lifes with all my 5 toons i never get to end game...... its lame and shold be chnaged, those who say no obviosly jelous cos the only play 1 or 2 toons max
    and btw if u dont like reaper points on account wise, just dont spend points on toons u dont want... just as simple as that
    Last edited by nolifer1; 06-27-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain full hate tank.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Arise in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL



  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    By your logic, I should be able to Racial TR all of my toons when I Racial TR one of my toons.
    Just so we are clear, that's not a product of that person's logic. The two things are quite, quite different.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuzka111 View Post
    hey guys i just want too ask why not make reaper exp per account? imo it would save dying alts... so vote
    The problem with that, OP, is that is assumes that the devs are interested in people having alts. Recent history, IMO, indicates that they do not and that Reaper is largely doing exactly what they want it to do.

  7. #27
    Community Member bls904c2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263

    Default

    i am one that is for Rxp being solely on the toon that earned the RXp, not for account wide.

    the problem is Reaper is one big pile of dung.

    reaper was for challenge but they gave a bonus to regular xp so it has become the meta trying to find a group for anything but reaper in heroics is low and epics you have normal dailies played and reaper cap play.

    reaper was spose to be hard but they gave you trees to make it easier to do

    reaper was something to give you group play by damaging your damage out put and hurt your self healing.
    so much for group play im soloing R5 from levels 1 -20 for racial past lives with a LFM up but few takers

    i play 7 toons out of 13 on a regular basis and my highest is 29 reaper points lowest is 11points.

    what i have seen is people only wanting to play one toon so they log in sitt on the airship and sign out 10 minutes later because no groups in there range

    i have ssen more people leave because of lack of groups then anything else in this game.

    reaper has formed tighter across guild groups that run quests through the friends list then the lfm.

    reaper is making a large devide in this game. and hurting the player base i see few people on now then than the past month. the 3 guilds i am member of has had a substantial loss of players.

    if Rxp being made across the server has people playing different toons instead of just their main an logging off because no one in their range, i would be for it. i want people to play and group not just log in on main see no groups in their range and log off.

    this is a mmo, its a online game to play with others, not soloers online.

  8. #28
    Community Member psykopeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hidden in a secret hold
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post
    Hm...
    Tell me what you think about next thing.

    Create iconic character for run Gianthold on reaper 5+ (gh is really easy for run) or other old quest (for example Shadow of a Doubt is a really easy on r10 with light damage and CC)
    Pass equipment (cannith crafting gear set) to this character.
    Fast and easy run for a lot of reaper xp.
    Return equipment to the shared bank.
    Delete this char and repeat.

    (so this is really easy farm)

    So, I see only two solution:
    1. Separate Rexp
    2. Account and character Rexp. Where account Rexp = sum of Rexp from all existing character on account. And I don't think that SSG want to spend time on this.
    I would say that's slow and not efficient to do (with 1st run you would get less rxp than running a quest at cap without first binus at 2-3 skulls), also like someone said... If you delete the toon, you lose the rxp from that toon, since you can't have 2 toons logged at once, when you log another toon the reaper points are reset (yes, for free, caude the amount looks like only goes up lol) so you have to relocate again

    I would also add all pastlifes to be account wide, that way people with altoholism can have several toons ready to group if that's the case, at least that would increase the chances for that people to buy tomes and such, because with current game's state only hardcire players would spend some money on mules, for rest of players the generak thought is that it's wasting time

    For me is funny to have gimp toons to play with and enjoy the real difficult balance around ddo was created, so max elite or r1, if not it's always hold or dire charge or soundburst and helpless damage for the reaper xp grind lol
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default Reaper Veteran Status

    Hi all,

    I also think that account wise reaper xp is wrong.
    But I would like to see Reaper Veteran Status for alts!

    When the first character at each server earns X reaper xp, all new characters (or existing after a reincarnation) start with some reaper XP.
    It could be 4/7/10 enchantments worth of xp.

    Cheers

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,878

    Default

    I am with the majority that shared rxp is a good idea, but I doubt it will happen due to the cost to implement.

  11. #31
    Community Member Buddha5440's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Obviously, many of you have no concept of how multiple characters of one player work in an mmoRPG... No other character has any knowledge (IE. experience) of any other character. In fact, many MUDS or other PW MMORPG's will delete characters or ban players who use knowledge gained by one of their characters with another. Each character is supposed to be an individual in the world that is DDO. Allowing them all access to the knowledge gained by one will further diminish the RPG aspect of this mmoRPG (The reason I change the capitalization of MMORPG from time to time is because what is being asked for is even farther away from what an MMORPG is supposed to be than DDO has already traveled). What ROLE is anyone playing when they can all CC, Insta-kill, Self-heal, and disarm/evade/punch through traps? The ROLE in any mmoRPG or RPG in general is to promote different play styles that compliment each other and are necessary to complete a shared goal or quest.

    DDO initially had some of this aspect but has trended away from it. If they want to continue to do this by sharing experience server wide they should change it's classification to that of an MMOG and not an mmoRPG.


    - My two cents as a DDO'er (of over 10 years), MUDD'er, and PnP'er of over 30 years.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

  12. #32
    Community Member wraxzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    Obviously, many of you have no concept of how multiple characters of one player work in an mmoRPG... No other character has any knowledge (IE. experience) of any other character. In fact, many MUDS or other PW MMORPG's will delete characters or ban players who use knowledge gained by one of their characters with another. Each character is supposed to be an individual in the world that is DDO. Allowing them all access to the knowledge gained by one will further diminish the RPG aspect of this mmoRPG (The reason I change the capitalization of MMORPG from time to time is because what is being asked for is even farther away from what an MMORPG is supposed to be than DDO has already traveled). What ROLE is anyone playing when they can all CC, Insta-kill, Self-heal, and disarm/evade/punch through traps? The ROLE in any mmoRPG or RPG in general is to promote different play styles that compliment each other and are necessary to complete a shared goal or quest.

    DDO initially had some of this aspect but has trended away from it. If they want to continue to do this by sharing experience server wide they should change it's classification to that of an MMOG and not an mmoRPG.


    - My two cents as a DDO'er (of over 10 years), MUDD'er, and PnP'er of over 30 years.
    Well that's one effective way to slam and alienate many players from the same community.

    - My two cents as a player, I wholefully disagree and would like an account wide system in addition to existing progression options.

  13. #33
    Community Member Grandern_Marn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (aka the Hatchery)
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    I stopped playing my alts after Reaper/RTR came out. Started playing 4 less hours a day and now I spend about $70 less a month. Feels like a win/win to me. I'd pick one back up in RXP was shared, but otherwise 1 triple completionist of everything is enough when I hit my 30 RTRs in Dec.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post
    yes please, i play 5 characters , getting reaper xp on all of them is pain and endless grind, same with all the passlifes, if i start getting heroic racials and epic past lifes with all my 5 toons i never get to end game...... its lame and shold be chnaged, those who say no obviosly jelous cos the only play 1 or 2 toons max
    and btw if u dont like reaper points on account wise, just dont spend points on toons u dont want... just as simple as that

    I would like to add my voice to those who would like to see some real support for playing multiple characters.

    After 1.5 years of fairly regular play (on average over a year maybe 20-25 hours a week) and only playing reaper mode with my 4 characters I am sitting at between 200-400k rxp for each toon. I think the rate of accumulating rxp is reasonable right now but for any of my toons to open one reaper vendor it will take 1.5 more years of play. To ever reach the dream of getting wings it would take 29 years of play which is completely unreasonable. Even with combined accounts it would take me 4 years or so, I would be fine with that.

    On the opening screen for DDO we have slots for multiple characters. When you go VIP you are awarded even more character slots. The way RXP accumulation is set up right now is counter intuitive towards encouraging players to use multiple characters. I think after 1.5 years SSG should be able to see the data that combining RXP per account would go far in encouraging players to use their alts.
    Breaking boxes since 2011
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

  14. #34
    Community Member Buddha5440's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    Well that's one effective way to slam and alienate many players from the same community.

    - My two cents as a player, I wholefully disagree and would like an account wide system in addition to existing progression options.
    Not sure what you meant by "same community" but I'm not saying that, if the player base desires it, this idea is a bad thing, just that they need to change DDO's classification to that of an MMOG instead of an MMORPG as most, if not all, role-playing aspects (The RP part of MMORPG) of the game will be gone.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

  15. #35
    Community Member wraxzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    Not sure what you meant by "same community" but I'm not saying that, if the player base desires it, this idea is a bad thing, just that they need to change DDO's classification to that of an MMOG instead of an MMORPG as most, if not all, role-playing aspects (The RP part of MMORPG) of the game will be gone.
    I think it is quite clear- we are on the DDO forum, so the community is DDO players.
    DDO's classification is currently and with the change, will still be perfectly accurate as an MMORPG. Changing it to MMOG would be totally inaccurate. None of the RPG elements will be lost if the idea was incorporated. Your reasoning makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by wraxzz; 11-15-2018 at 04:30 AM.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    I think it is quite clear- we are on the DDO forum, so the community is DDO players.
    DDO's classification is currently and with the change, will still be perfectly accurate as an MMORPG. Changing it to MMOG would be totally inaccurate. None of the RPG elements will be lost if the idea was incorporated. Your reasoning makes no sense to me.
    Absolutely right and anyone that says "you can't do this" is missing the point of rpg and its creative potential. Anyone can build this into their own storyline from an RPG perspective if they wanted to. SWTOR has legacy experience where you can connect certain characters and share legacy xp between them. I like it personally and would love to see a concept of connecting characters through a "clan" which allows sharing of rxp.

    I don't think it's going to happen and my interest in the game has definitely declined sharply because alts I spent years on are now a liability. The game is decidedly less fun playing a single character and the system incentives drives a single-character playstyle too much.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default

    As I earlier said, I also personally see no reason of reaper xp sharing among character.
    What would make more sense would be that you can start a character as a Veteran Reaper character.

    Clearly, existing characters should be able to gain the Veteran Reaper (assuming the have less reaper xp) after the use a Heart (Any, even lesser should do it).
    This only for accounts older than a date. Or a special item could be mailed to each character?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload