View Poll Results: Reaper exp per account?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! its good idea.

43 55.13%
  • No i dont like it

35 44.87%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    I would like to add my voice to those who would like to see some real support for playing multiple characters.

After 1.5 years of fairly regular play (on average over a year maybe 20-25 hours a week) and only playing reaper mode with my 4 characters I am sitting at between 200-400k rxp for each toon. I think the rate of accumulating rxp is reasonable right now but for any of my toons to open one reaper vendor it will take 1.5 more years of play. To ever reach the dream of getting wings it would take 29 years of play which is completely unreasonable. Even with combined accounts it would take me 4 years or so, I would be fine with that.

On the opening screen for DDO we have slots for multiple characters. When you go VIP you are awarded even more character slots. The way RXP accumulation is set up right now is counter intuitive towards encouraging players to use multiple characters. I think after 1.5 years SSG should be able to see the data that combining RXP per account would go far in encouraging players to use their alts.
    The problem is that the reaper hit points are linear, and the racial TR system is heavily back-loaded.

This is very different from the original heroic TR system and the following epic TR system. Both of those systems are heavily front-loaded, and no one asked for TR experience to be spread across an account. Because they were alt-friendly.

It only took 3-6 heroic TRs to get 80% of the benefits (And the first two of those lives were for much less xp per life).

The latest systems are not as good. They should fix those first. Make the hit points from reaper be 8 hp per AP until 20 APs, then 4 hp per AP until 40 APs, then only 2 hp per AP after that.

The power-gamer grinders will STILL go for the extra 2 hp per AP on their main... The rest of us will ignore it, and play our alts.

Racial should switch around and put the racial AP first, make the skills third (but +2) and leave the +2 stats for triple-completionist. Power-gamer grinders will still go for the +2 stats for their main. The rest of us can get a few racial AP, +2 to our main stat, and play our alts.

They don't need to share reaper xp across all characters. Just like they don't need to share heroic TR xp across all characters. Just make the systems front-loaded, so those of us with alts can dabble in all the systems and still get 50%-80% of the benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I got a laugh out of that also. Clearly it's someone playing one character that might want to start an alt with a rxp jump start - but he doesn't want others with existing alts to benefit.
    Good observation you make, which also further emphasizes the irony of their post!

With the current state of the reaper system, I think I'm far from the only player ignoring it completely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123