Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default U36 Preview: Next Week

Hello, all! We'd like to give you a heads up that we currently plan on previewing U36 on Lammania at some point next week. Likely the 27th-29th but that is subject to change as we nail down a stable build.

This preview should include:

- All 5 new quests (Though one is very likely not be particularly close to being finished and will likely not be in much of a shape for players to actually get a sense for. It it should be able to be completed even if it's just by us adding a lever at the front that completes the quest, though, to continue the arc)
    - The new Public Area
    - The Battle Engineer changes
    - General Balance changes
    - A host of quality of life changes/fixes

We'd love to have you come, experience the preview, and tell us what you think! We almost certainly will be holding a Dev event where some of us from the team will be online to answer questions and run some of the content with you one of the nights it is up from 8-10 Eastern. More exact details on this will follow in the coming days!
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yay and per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Hello, all! We'd like to give you a heads up that we currently plan on previewing U36 on Lammania at some point next week. Likely the 27th-29th but that is subject to change as we nail down a stable build.

- All 5 new quests (Though one is very likely not be particularly close to being finished and will likely not be in much of a shape for players to actually get a sense for. It it should be able to be completed even if it's just by us adding a lever at the front that completes the quest, though, to continue the arc)
    - The new Public Area

We'd love to have you come, experience the preview, and tell us what you think! We almost certainly will be holding a Dev event where some of us from the team will be online to answer questions and run some of the content with you one of the nights it is up from 8-10 Eastern. More exact details on this will follow in the coming days!
    Per chance will the lost ship buffs bug be fixed?

(these are not disappearing buffs, but have to be re-purchased because another guildy and I were making ship buff changes at teh same time in different instances as best I can recall)

I don't want to purchase another XP shrine and Farshifter, just to lose them again. I don't mind replacing the 3 other plat buffs we lost, but am curious about the AS ones.

5 New quests? wow. I sure hope we're not sacrificing quality for quantity.

Can you, mayhaps, at least tease us with the level range of the quests?
    Last edited by Ryethiel; 06-21-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethieldus |||

Talking Yesssss... hooray!

A new social area in the forgotten realms ?! how beautiful! With regard to the number of quests ... I guess for the 5th quest you need to do the 4 quests to unlock it ... just like for welhoon, stormhorns, gh, carnival etc ... you classic unlock Knowing that ... being a chane has a quest that unites them all and in the end a named redward ... hopefully ... anyway i'm happy and i do not see the time to test ... i want to see new things = D .
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    A new social area in the forgotten realms ?! how beautiful!
    Why do you assume it's in the forgotten realms?

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Never assume

Stuff can change allot between now and go live. When the baby gets here I'm sure there may be a patch or 2 as well.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Awesome! 5 quests! I can hardly wait!

- The new Public Area
    (bolding mine)

Hey Coco, as you say, with such a large number of QoL changes / fixes in there that Lynnabel, Steel and maybe others too have been working on, that are coming in U36, what are the chances of getting a compiled list of them ?

If the answer is "none" then ok that's the answer, but it might be really great if it could be done for a number of reasons, not the least of which are:
    * The wonderful DDO Wiki Editors may wish to incorporate many of them into updates to the wiki,
    * You might want to copy-n-paste some or all of them into the release notes,
    * Build additional goodwill b/w the community and the devs when they see just how much has been done in this area, and
    * Posterity may smile upon the additional clarity & time it may save in future player posts in the forum asking about such and such a feature/bug/issue and whether it was / when it was resolved etc etc

Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle69 View Post
    (bolding mine)

Hey Coco, as you say, with such a large number of QoL changes / fixes in there that Lynnabel, Steel and maybe others too have been working on, that are coming in U36, what are the chances of getting a compiled list of them ?

If the answer is "none" then ok that's the answer, but it might be really great if it could be done for a number of reasons, not the least of which are:
    * The wonderful DDO Wiki Editors may wish to incorporate many of them into updates to the wiki,
    * You might want to copy-n-paste some or all of them into the release notes,
    * Build additional goodwill b/w the community and the devs when they see just how much has been done in this area, and
    * Posterity may smile upon the additional clarity & time it may save in future player posts in the forum asking about such and such a feature/bug/issue and whether it was / when it was resolved etc etc

Thoughts ?
    Not trying to be cold, however they are most likely testing and vetting the changelist/release notes from now (or earlier), until the day before lamannia gets the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Not trying to be cold, however they are most likely testing and vetting the changelist/release notes from now (or earlier), until the day before lamannia gets the update.
    That's normal, and I wasn't requesting a complete set of release notes prematurely.

I just meant that there a large set of small changes / fixes / QoL improvements scattered around a number of threads over many pages, it'd be great to have a list of them all in one place.

Heck, I guess if the playerbase as a whole were keen on it, we could do it /shrug. I just thought if they were doing one anyway it'd save doubling up.

That's normal, and I wasn't requesting a complete set of release notes prematurely.

I just meant that there a large set of small changes / fixes / QoL improvements scattered around a number of threads over many pages, it'd be great to have a list of them all in one place.

Heck, I guess if the playerbase as a whole were keen on it, we could do it /shrug. I just thought if they were doing one anyway it'd save doubling up.
    Trust me, I hear ya. I know they could say, Subject to Change: Tentative Release notes for Lamannia U36...

However we all have seen the pitchfork bonanza when Words do not match the experience.

Community Member

Can we get that list? Even if you have to caveat it with "we want to do all of these but not all are a certainty" we will understand. Just use big bright bold letters for the slower among us.

Seriously, though....we want a list. QoL fixes have been in high demand and short supply!

edit: And can we get a dev to comment on this very serious issue?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...sack-is-Busted

PS - I already bug reported it, but it would be nice to see a public acknowledgement of the issue, and a comment on a time frame for fixing it. Lets be honest, it would be a priority #1 Hotfix issue if it was not applying the penalty at all =P
    Last edited by Sqrlmonger; 06-22-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    Are you a Reaper 10 God? Tell me all about it.

- The new Public Area

5 new quests is exciting. The last time we had 5 new quests aside from an expansion was High Road, which was November 2012. Although u29 had 2 new quests and 3 epified raids.

I have to agree. 5 quests and not the usual 1-3 is refreshing.

But if the bosses have 600k hp again, I wont even bother buying the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Will we get more than one shot at u36 or will will it be just 27th thru 29th and then it will go live?

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    Will we get more than one shot at u36 or will will it be just 27th thru 29th and then it will go live?
    Our current schedule only has one lammania preview for U36 slotted. That could change, depending on how next weeks preview goes, but I would suggest making your plans around the assumption that this will be the only Lammania preview for U36.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethiel View Post
    Can you, mayhaps, at least tease us with the level range of the quests?
    I believe that the Heroic versions are level 15 and the Legendary versions are level 31 currently.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Why do you assume it's in the forgotten realms?
    The adventure pack in U36 takes place in the Forgotten Realms, yes.

If such a comprehensive list were to be compiled it would be in release notes (either for Lamma or when U36 goes live) and not before.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

This update cant happen fast enough.

Community Member

Am super excited.
    I look forward to giving feedback!
    Scrub Extraordinaire, Ghallanda
    BAMBAM
    The Queen's Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

If it's much less than that, they won't live long enough for us to see what they are capable of.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post

While definitely a concern, I'm more worried about the quests as a whole. If u35 is anything to go by, we're gonna get more endless, unadorned hallways filled with monsters, and levers that are magically locked, until all enemies are defeated.

I guess we'll see.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethieldus |||

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast