Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

I love this program and I can't believe you guys have put so much effort into it, thanks!

One question, I have a pretty speedy system and the program seem to run slow (relatively), it loads slow and opens profiles pretty slow. Is there something I am doing wrong? It is in no way unbearable, just seems sluggish on some things.

my system specs if interested

again, thanks for a great program!
    Enmity 30 Clr Heroic/Epic Completionist 43PLs | Ferocity 30Pal Heroic/Epic Completionist 69PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 95PLs | Vehemence 30Rog Heroic/Epic Completionist 35PLs | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Alc Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 131PLs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    I love this program and I can't believe you guys have put so much effort into it, thanks!

One question, I have a pretty speedy system and the program seem to run slow (relatively), it loads slow and opens profiles pretty slow. Is there something I am doing wrong? It is in no way unbearable, just seems sluggish on some things.

my system specs if interested

again, thanks for a great program!
    This is just the nature of the beast. When the program starts it dynamically reads all the data files present, and the number of files only ever increases as new items are added.

In theory all this could be multithreaded or switched to load on demand rather than at start up, but beyond that there are certain command line switches I use that allows the program to check the data for validity, and having that all in one place is very useful.

I have some work i would like to do for improving response in certain scenarios, but all this is being booted to version 2.

Glad you like the program.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDoctor View Post
    I just upgraded to the newest version. Previously, I hadn't upgraded in over 6 months. If what I am about to describe has been change I apologize.

I have my character all planned out for 30 levels. enhancements, skills, all of it. I go to level up and I pull up the level up 1 level table and start to assign my skill points. This is all great except for 1 irritation. The order of the skills in the in world promotion window does not match the order in the DDO Builder level up 1 level window. Could you please reorder things so they match how it is presented in world?
    In world the skills I believe are ordered by class skills then cross class skills. Even the the skills are also ordered by points spent on the skills.

In the two screen in the builder where skills points can be assigned in one, they can be sorted by columns (Level up by level view) and in the other they are fixed to alphabetical (Skills view/dialog).

I am not planning on changing the order of the skills present in these screens.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.106 Now Available

This release sees a collection of bug fixes and a preview of the Shifter, Razorclaw Shifter races and the new Feydark Issusionist universal tree.
    Please note that the trees are copied close to verbatum from this Lamannia preview 2 and there will be changes before release.

Fix: "Pale Master: Necrotic Blast" now correctly requires 30 APs spent in tree to be selectable (Reported by nadia72295)
    New: Special feats that control access to store/favor acquired universal trees have been removed from the Past Lives and Special feats view and moved to the Enhancements View
    ---Too many people were having trouble understanding where access to these trees was being granted
    ---How to guide updated
    ---The "Special" section has been renamed "Inherent"
    Fix: "Legendary Robes of the Dreadkeeper" now has the release effects, not the Lamannia effects (Reported by mikameow)
    Fix: "Purple Dragon Knight: Versatility I/II/III: Damage Boost" now has the correct description (Reported by Question2)
    Fix: Missing +10 ranged power in "Inquisitive: No Holds Barred" when you have "Endless Fusilade" added (Reported by Question2)
    Fix: Missing weapon fields for some effects in "Pale Master: Ascendant Shroud" added
    Fix: The "Ursa's Heart" competence bonus to HP no longer stacks with other Competence bonuses to HP such as Epic Defensive Fighting (Reported by Ntoukis)
    Fix: Feats which are alignment restricted will now be properly revoked on an alignment change when required (Reported by Laur)
    Fix: "War Priest: Divine Power" no longer lists and grants a +1 competence bonus to Critical Multiplier (Reported by Laur)
    Fix: Icons updated to remove red border:
    ---Superior Weapon Focus
    ---Brutal Throw
    ---Knights's Training
    ---Power Critical
    ---Spell Penetration
    Fix: Gatekeepers favor icon changed to teleport icon for Gatekeepers Grove
    Fix: "Drow: Xen'drik Weapon Training II" now correctly only has 1 rank, not 3 (Reported by crcabanillas)
    Fix: "Child of Faith" now requires one of Cleric(3), Favored Soul(3) or Paladin(3) to be trained (Reported by crcabanillas)
    Fix: Code efficiency update when searching for trained enhancements
    Fix: "Warlock: Pact: Celestial" is now selectable by any non-chaotic alignment
    Fix: "Inquisitive: Diplomatic Immunity" now has the correct AP cost of 2 (Reported by Question2)

U47: Preview 2
    ---New feat: "Favored enemy: Fey" (should also be available to rangers)
    ---All enhancements that affect "Rage" updated to affect Beasthide, Wildhunt and Razorclaw Rages (Not strength effects for Wildhunt)
    ---****er Race (+2 Dex, -2 Int)
    ------New trainiable feat type "Animalistic Aspect" at level 1 for Shifter race
    ----------Feat: Beasthide Shifter
    ----------Feat: Wildhunt Shifter
    ------Shifter racial past life feat (only give racial AP on tier 3, not yet required for Racial completionist)
    ------Racial tree
    ---Razerclaw Shifter Iconic Race (Barbarian) (+2 Str, -2 Int)
    ------Feat: Razorclaw Shifter
    ------Iconic racial past life feat (no effects yet)
    ------Iconic racial tree
    ---Universal Enhancement Tree: Feydark Illusionist
    ------New feat special feat: Feydark Illusionist Tree
    ------Universal tree

Link to the release in my signature

Community Member

Default Looking for Help with Launching Builder

Hi all!

First off, thank you Maetrim for putting all of this hard work and maintaining what looks like the best character planner in DDO!

I'm a returning player looking to plan out some future lives and was recommended this planner from a friend. Unfortunately, I'm not the best with troubleshooting this type of stuff and am struggling to get the builder launched. Below are the steps I've taken and would appreciate any help/guidance from any of you. I'm using a Windows 10 PC for reference.

1) Downloaded and Unzipped DDOBuilder1.0.0.106 to C:
    2) The download link for the Visual C++ x86 package is giving me an error that I have a newer version installed. Is this an issue?
    3) I'm stuck at this point and not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance!

Krazy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKaster View Post
    Hi all!

First off, thank you Maetrim for putting all of this hard work and maintaining what looks like the best character planner in DDO!

I'm a returning player looking to plan out some future lives and was recommended this planner from a friend. Unfortunately, I'm not the best with troubleshooting this type of stuff and am struggling to get the builder launched. Below are the steps I've taken and would appreciate any help/guidance from any of you. I'm using a Windows 10 PC for reference.

1) Downloaded and Unzipped DDOBuilder1.0.0.106 to C:
    2) The download link for the Visual C++ x86 package is giving me an error that I have a newer version installed. Is this an issue?
    3) I'm stuck at this point and not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance!

Krazy
    I would think at this stage it should only be navigating to the unzip folder and running the DDOBuilder.exe file.

If its not that simple, what version of the Visual C++ x86 runtime package do you have installed? I can try and replicate that here on my development machine and see if its causing problems with the program. The next options would be for me to migrate the solution from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2019 and rebuild it. This would in effect move the application away from the VC2010 toolset to the newer VC2019 set. But that fix would only be available in the next release if i go that route.

Community Member

Thumbs up Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I would think at this stage it should only be navigating to the unzip folder and running the DDOBuilder.exe file.

If its not that simple, what version of the Visual C++ x86 runtime package do you have installed? I can try and replicate that here on my development machine and see if its causing problems with the program. The next options would be for me to migrate the solution from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2019 and rebuild it. This would in effect move the application away from the VC2010 toolset to the newer VC2019 set. But that fix would only be available in the next release if i go that route.
    Thanks! I figured a workaround for the problem I was getting and it's running smoothly now.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.107 Now Available

Mostly just fixes related to the new Shifter Races and the Feydark Illusionist tree to get things working correctly.

Fix: Shifter Core 4 now has the correct min AP spend requirement
    Fix: Layout of some Feydark Illusionist tooltips fixed to make more readable
    Fix: Feydark Illusionist tree now has the correct icon
    Fix: "Past Life: Shifter" now has a shifter type icon
    Fix: "Past Life: Razorclaw Shifter" now has a shifter type icon
    Fix: Universal tree feats for the enhancement views are now correctly sorted alphabetically
    Fix: The Inquisitive universal tree feat icon now matches the tree
    Fix: The Falconry universal tree feat icon now matches the tree
    Fix: "Dismiss Rage" is now auto assigned for Shifter and Razorclaw Shifter races at level 1
    Fix: Razorclaw shifters now correctly get the feat "Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Handwraps"
    Fix: Images fixed to remove red borders
    ---Improved Augment Summoning
    ---Epic Damage Reduction
    ---Epic Fortitude
    ---Epic Mental Toughness
    ---Epic Reputation
    Fix: "Inquisitive: No Holds barred" now has the correct description (Reported by Question2)
    Fix: Bad spell power name fixed in "Feydark Illusionist: Master Illusionist" effect
    Fix: "Feydark Illusionist" tree can now be trained if you have "Magical Training" from any enhancement source also
    ---Arcane Archer: Energy of the Wild (and elf variant)
    ---Spellsinger: Studies - Magical Studies
    ---Aasimar: Celestial Tutelage - Magical Training
    New: Enhancement requirements can now specify required number of ranks

Link to the release in signature.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sticowish View Post
    Hey, I started using this tool and was wondering if it was possible to get a enhancement specific breakdown to make it easier to figure out what i gained out of each configuration. This would make it easier to choose between which enhancements to take to T5 and which to core. I know i could do this math myself, but it would be nice if the program could do this for me. If the program already have this option and i just haven't found it yet please guide me in how to do it.
    Is this looking for what you gain from a specific tee?

e.g. You spent 25 points and you got from this tree: n of type x spell power, blur, +3 attack etc?

If it is, then the program does nor currently break this down into a single table for you for a given tree. Breakdowns only currently go on a per item (e.g. a specific spell power) basis.

If the above is what you mean, I can look into maybe having a specific tree breakdown that lists everything you got from a specific tree.

Community Member

Default DDO Planner Enhancement breakdown?

Hey, I started using this tool and was wondering if it was possible to get a enhancement specific breakdown to make it easier to figure out what i gained out of each configuration. This would make it easier to choose between which enhancements to take to T5 and which to core. I know i could do this math myself, but it would be nice if the program could do this for me. If the program already have this option and i just haven't found it yet please guide me in how to do it.

Community Member

Default Build 1.0.0.108 Now Available

Some Lamannia preview 3 updates and a small selection of fixes for reported problems.

Fix: The spell "Expeditious Retreat" is now correctly a level 1 Warlock spell (Reported by Amastris)
    Fix: "Warchanter: Song of Heroism" now has the correct description and effects (Reported by Question2)
    Fix: "Pale Master: Efficient Metamagic" will now correctly report its base cost as 2 (Reported by crcabanillas)
    Fix: Fire Domain: Tier II now has the correct Image and name of "Improved Domain of Fire"
    Fix: Fire Domain: Tier III now has the correct Image and name of "Greater Domain of Fire"
    Fix: All "Epic Spell Focus: <School>" feats can now be trained by Alchemists of level 15 or above if they have the required "Greater Spell Focus: <School>" feat (Reported by mikameow)
    Fix: Tooltips for Universal tree activation will no longer show when no character is active

U47: Lamannia Preview 3 Changes
    ---Racial "Past Life: Shifter" now has the correct Skill and Ability bonuses (Spot and Dexterity)
    ---Racial Completionist now requires 3 Shifter past lives to be awarded
    ---"Feydark Illusionist" universal tree updated
    ---Shifter feat "Shifter Traits" added for Shifter/Razorclaw
    ---"Shifter" racial tree updated
    ---"Past Life: Shifter" now has the correct icon
    ---Razorclaw Shifters now correctly get a +2 bonus to Strength not a -2 bonus
    ---"Razorclaw Shifter" racial tree updated
    ---"Iconic Past Life: Razorclaw Shifter" description and effects updated
    ---Color Spray is now a level 1 spell for Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard
    ---Greater Color Spray SLA added
    ---Gnome and Deep Gnome: Color Spray now maps to Greater Color Spray

Link in signature.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223