Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lost massive amounts of gear during rTR - GM unable to help

Yesterday around the same time as the remnant event was activated I did an eTR, followed by an rTR. I got as far as flagging my character for reincarnation (when the button appears in character selection) and my character (Breakables on Ghallanda) completely broke. I could not log on or reincarnate it. After 5 hours of support ticket waiting, the issue was fixed. However, then the real issue happened.

• I had no ability or skill tomes
    • I did not have my rTR past life feat
    • All the items and gear, including equipped gear, that was in my inventory at the time did not transfer into my TR cache

I managed to actually speak to CS (customer support) today, it was quite obvious that the person I was speaking to was new and I understand that they could only do so much. Saying that, obviously I'm grossly unsatisfied with the outcome as I've come to the forums.

My current situation is as follows:

• All my missing items and gear have not been recovered
    • I still do not have the racial PL that I should've been granted when I rTR'd
    • My ability stat and skill tomes have been replaced

Obviously I'm happy that I got my tomes replaced, but let's talk about the other two.

I received a replacement Heroic True Heart of Blood, a Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset and 2x50% Exp Potions. The trouble is, when I rTR'd I was level 20; I'm now level 5. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that 2x50% exp potions do not fairly compensate 3.8 million xp. I was expecting, at minimum, a heroic otto's stone of xp. Even with that, I still would've gone through a fair amount of undeserved hassle.

Of course the most important issue is the gear. This wasn't some throw away alt's, not on my main server, gear. This was my main character, which was a dedicated high skull reaper raid tank. Imagine the inventory having cleared my TR cache... several cleansed LGS, crafting bags, old and new raid loot. And that's just the most painful and obvious stuff that springs to mind.

Of course, I'll be submitting a formal bug report to match this. And I should mention that as far as I've heard, I wasn't alone in this. A small handful of others have claimed strange happenings around TRing yesterday, I think I just had it the worst (maybe).

I was briefly mentioned and discussed in this topic yesterday

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-game-support
    Last edited by imTonE; 05-27-2017 at 09:20 PM.

8 years of TRing being a thing in DDO, with similar issues occurring occasionally, and no system in place to help with recovery. Thats the issue. In smaller time frames I understand how management can prioritize other things over fixing or at the very least logging TRs etc, but not over that span of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Terrible cs. Sad.

No one wants to play a toon that is a constant reminder of stuff that they lost.

If this is not resolved I'll probably take a permanent break.

I can't take the UTTER-BS INHERENT IN THIS.

You can not abuse your players.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Breakables, really sorry to hear about the loss, and hope you get further resolution for recovery.

They need to figure out some more reliable TR system, or else have some a backup process in place.

The GM's seem to be telling players that have issues with items lost in TR that there is no proof of what has been lost in inventory or TR cache.

If DDO can do character copies to Lammania, why not have the system do an automatic character copy to an internal backup server when a TR is initiated? That way, if something goes wrong with a TR, a CS can always look up and compare the live server version with the backup (or else restore the pre-TR version to live). At least then the GM would be able to reference any BTC* items that were lost, so that they can restore them.

(* the only reason why I say BTC is because I could conceivably see this being exploited in some way if someone TR's, transfers unbound/BTA items to an alt, and then claims to have lost said items in the TR, asking them to be restored) -- but a backup character on an internal server would at least be a way for them to check epic destiny progress, inherent tome bonuses, past lives, and BTC items that were lost.

I guess that this might be more involvement for customer service than they are able to provide for a single ticket case, but there needs to be some backup in place. I am just hearing too many horror stories lately on TR's gone bad.

Ever since Racial TR was released, I've seen a ton of these threads. More so than with any other forms of TR'ing. Even on Lamannia, there were issues with all items in the TR cache disappearing when doing a rTR. Sounds like that issue was never completely fixed.

It'd be nice if a Dev/QA/Community Manager stepped in and commented on this huge issue, as to how aware they are of it, if they've been able to reproduce it, and when to expect a fix.

Admittedly I haven't been playing much in the past 2 months. Though I do have multiple characters ready to TR, rTR, and eTR. When I come back to a more "normal" play schedule, I certainly won't be doing any of those until I can be sure it's completely safe.

Its been an ongoing problem for years.

just more prevalent now with the hamsterwheel RTRing.

All I ever got from GM's were canned responses of nothing they can do about list items.. they cant replace them.
    Tomes they fixed.. I assume after confirming they were purchased via the DDO store.

have lost many bound named items and many more items that I couldn't be positive were there when I TR'd but was pretty sure they were.. couldn't find on alts...

We are left to resorting to screen capturing items as proof before TR'ing.

couple things that seem to reduce the risk of lost items...
    Ensure you relog your client after levelling up.
    Ensure you relog before and after any TR.

all we can hope is that enough players report the issues and make it visible via threads..
    The BS of permanently losing items should not continue.
    Screwing us out of our earned loot should not stand.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 31/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 25/36 , RP 76/158)

Racial TR seems to have its own weirdness compared to previous TR'ing based on other threads complaints (and there's no Founder's helm in my inventory after racial trs). Though I've heard of TR equipment issues once in a great while across all TR types. Though the issues initially seemed to happen more often when servers were crowded or due to lossy connections.

I have no idea how CS would go about replacing end game gear for you. Shroud and slavers stuff would be insane. Well I guess a lot of legendary shroud and slavers ingredients would work. I wonder if they can check backup copies of your character and go from there. Though even then they wouldn't have the latest items. Sounds like a pain all around. And SSG CS seems very backed up (they were probably splitting a pool with Turbine/WB) and now need to interview, train and hire more people.

This would really suck. Sorry about your loss Breakables.
    Happy 14th DDO.

sorry for loss.

This is why I do not gear horde
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    sorry for loss.

This is why I do not gear horde
    So WHAT?
    People shouldn't farm LGS?
    Or any BTC items??
    Give me a break.

Community Member

This is really terrible. Try to stay calm and keep pursuing them. Be polite so they don't have that excuse to stop helping you.

If the game they are going to make us play is constant reincarnation, then that process has to work properly. They have to be able to fix these problems or roll characters back in a sensible period of time. Not keep you sitting around for days or weeks before responding, then offering you a half-baked fix.

Letting people's characters break like this and then not fixing them is a potential game-killer for SSG. And taking the limbo approach to customer service, how low you can you go before your customers start leaving in droves, is not a successful business strategy. It will drive away people who have stuck with them through everything else.

If they didn't have such a bad case of taking their customers for granted, they should be all over this. But evidently someone has decided that CS takes last place as a company priority, so here we are. These days it seems like half the posts on the forums are about crappy customer service, but it seems like SSG either doesn't understand or care just how dangerous this could be for them if they don't get back on top of it.

Anyway, I hope you get the help you need with this. Good luck.

Default scary

with a lot of people on the rtr hamster wheel this is really scary. I wouldn't want to be in your place...please someone from ssg can you drop by and tell us something?

gl man

Elk
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Quote Originally Posted by elkorm View Post
    with a lot of people on the rtr hamster wheel this is really scary. I wouldn't want to be in your place...please someone from ssg can you drop by and tell us something?

gl man

Elk

all we can do is expect to lose our shtuff and SSG to continue to ignore the loss of items.

don't shed tears for the time wasted acquiring things like flasks of healing or other hard to get BTC raid items, shroud crafted stuff, etc..
    once you have accepted that.. embrace the RTR, ignore acquiring BTC items and push any non-BTC items to alts that don't TR.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    all we can do is expect to lose our shtuff and SSG to continue to ignore the loss of items.

once you have accepted that.. embrace the RTR, ignore acquiring BTC items and push any non-BTC items to alts that don't TR.
    I would probably quit the game and encourage my freinds to quit as well, if I were to expect this to happen with this frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    So WHAT?
    People shouldn't farm LGS?
    Or any BTC items??
    Give me a break.
    You shouldn't TR while wearing such a short skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    I would probably quit the game and encourage my freinds to quit as well, if I were to expect this to happen with this frequency.
    I like the game and no one else has come up with anything to replace it.. yet...

so, til then.. adjust and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I like the game and no one else has come up with anything to replace it.. yet...

so, til then.. adjust and carry on.
    on another note will probably try the morrowind expansion for ESO
    Looks like they kept the landmass intact from the original game.
    Some of the expansion One Tamriel stuff is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by elkorm View Post
    with a lot of people on the rtr hamster wheel this is really scary.
    Actually, no, it's not.

The solution (that has been mentioned in numerous previous threads), is to LOG OUT COMPLETELY after the ETR, then log back in and go ahead and do the Level 20 TR (Heroic or Racial). Afaik, no problems have been reported following this precaution.

Sorry for the loss of the OP - this work-around does not excuse the bug suffered by so many. But it's there for others to avoid the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Actually, no, it's not.

The solution (that has been mentioned in numerous previous threads), is to LOG OUT COMPLETELY after the ETR, then log back in and go ahead and do the Level 20 TR (Heroic or Racial). Afaik, no problems have been reported following this precaution.

Sorry for the loss of the OP - this work-around does not excuse the bug suffered by so many. But it's there for others to avoid the same fate.
    I believe the OP did this, as well as another guildie who experienced a similar issue around the same time.
    We believe it was related to a background change.

Hero

Sorry OP, I can only imagine how much it stings. Hopefully SSG is open to giving you more back in return.

Having your major revenue mechanic (reincarnations) a "use at your own risk cause we don't want to/are too lazy to put in place safeguards" is definitely something that SSG would do. And a major, major /facepalm. But nothing surprises me with them anymore.

Cue SSG blaming not having the tech ability to do it. Like always.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast