Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Discover Card Issues

Last Updated June 30th, 2017: As of today, we've resolved the Discover card issue with the merchant for points purchasing. Subscriptions should also now be available for Discover card users once again. If you continue to experience any issues with Discover please be sure to submit a ticket and let us know here in this thread as well. Thank you so much for your patience, and we'll see you in game!

---

June 12th, 2017: We have encountered a new issue with Discover cards and are currently working with the merchant to correct this. Until we have resolved this new issue, we advise using a different payment method temporarily. Continue to use this thread for updates.

---
    We are currently investigating issues with Discover Card in the DDO Store. Until we have resolved the issue we advise using a different payment method temporarily. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update this thread once we have more information.
    Last edited by Tolero; 06-30-2017 at 11:00 AM.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Sad for the issue - glad to see you at SSG-
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

So it's been over a week for me, apparently longer for some others, is there any progress to note on this issue? Xsolla was less than helpful.

Still waiting for confirmation that fixes have been deployed, but they did make headway. Just a matter of waiting for the various business institutions to give us the all-clear.

Community Member

Thank you for the heads up.

We've resolved the issue with Discover payments. You should now be able to use your Discover card again. Thanks so much for your patience, and we'll see you in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    ...glad to see you at SSG-
    TY! Glad to be here ^_^ #DDO4Life

Default Same error

Just tried to add my DC back for my sub and still doesn't like it yet. Same error as before.

Community Member

Same here, just tried to renew sub and still getting same error message.

Community Member

Several days after requesting information regarding this issue I received an email saying, "Sorry, we're having trouble with Discover, try something else." Now I find out that the issue is resolved, only because I looked on the Forums here. And the official statement is still, "Sorry for the inconvenience." I'm afraid that's just not good enough.

I've been a V.I.P. with DDO for over 8 years, and I've become increasingly disinterested with the game that was once the best MMORPG online. Where once it encouraged original character design and a fun, different approach to gaming, it has become a chore. All new content for the past two years has made it clear that there is only one approach to character design: deal lots of damage. Leveling is more difficult, without balanced rewards. This is no longer a way to play Dungeons & Dragons, but instead just another first-person shooter with a different layout. Now, my automatic renewal has been discontinued by the game makers and I've got to chase down a thread to find out that I'm allowed to sign up again?

You know what? No thanks. I was struggling for a reason to keep playing, but this seems like a good time to say goodbye.

Community Member

Default There is a way to get Discover to work

If you have an Amazon account and your Discover is tied to it, you can pay DDO through Amazon by clicking Amazon Pay. This is really stupid but it does work. Hey DDO, how about some free stuff for figuring out that you had an issue with Discover Cards and for getting a work around for your members?

Community Member

Default Not for everyone it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We've resolved the issue with Discover payments. You should now be able to use your Discover card again. Thanks so much for your patience, and we'll see you in game!
    Just tried again and still getting the same message. So it seems to me that it's not entirely resolved. Others, well at least one other, has decided to quit DDO because of this issue. I hope it doesn't come to this for me. Please continue to look into this issue and please do not assume it is solved and ignore it. While I miss playing the game, I miss the friends I've made in game more. Two weeks and counting...

Ok so after investigating with the merchant, there is a new issue occurring with Discover cards (unfortunately on the player's end, it throws the same error message). For the time being, we recommend using something other than Discover. Very sorry about that, and will post to this thread again once things are all squared away and Discover is working for everyone again. Thank you so much for your patience!

Community Member

Default Visa card not working either

so after 3 days after my subscription ended, and no luck with my Discover card, I finally tried to use my Visa card to re-up my sub. I'm getting the same error, and same response to try a different payment method. This is getting ridiculous. What am I supposed to do, drive to Boston and pay in cash? Can someone please at least give me an estimated date on when this might get fixed?

I'll just stay away from the store for awhile then.... At least until SSG comes out with a statement that says it's safe.
    Icedtea - CashierTwo - Jolyrancher - Arrance - Antiquary - &4/5 more
    Proud member of KaoS

Good afternoon! As of today, we've resolved the secondary Discover card issue with the merchant for points purchasing. Subscriptions should also now be available for Discover card users once again. If you continue to experience any issues with Discover please be sure to submit a ticket and let us know here in this thread as well. Thank you so much for your patience, and we'll see you in game!