Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default "...must meet the quest requirements"???

    Odd thing happened to me in Waterworks chain.

    I was dual-boxing 2 new alts thru it (both over-level), and when I got to the 2nd half, one popped in np, and the other was not allowed to enter.

    The pop-up read "All party members must meet the quest requirements" (or words to that effect).

    The two were together in both flagging (parts 1-2) quests, neither exited early, both talked to Guard Tembor (sp?) - what "requirements" was one missing?

    I tried abandoning and re-doing 1st half on casual to get flagged - no love.

    Went back after and finished 2nd half with him alone - no problem.

    What was going on? What was I missing?

    (EDIT: What I was missing was that these 2 Iconics were also towing a Level 1 sponge, who stepped out of WW (but not the party) and leveled to 2 to finish WW. I had ignored/forgotten them because they had entered part 3 without a problem, and I had gone on to focus on the one Iconic that had been locked out. However, this (now) is in step with other incidents recounted below.

    However, Iconics too have been reported to trigger this effect. So it seems I had 2 possible culprits in the same party.)

    o http://ddowiki.com/page/Quest_minimu...ire_Party_Rule
    Last edited by C-Dog; 05-27-2017 at 03:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,027

    Default

    Relog the toon that gets that message.
    Problem solved every time.

    Seems to happen possibly when a toon in the party has recently Reincarnated for some reason.

  3. #3
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Was a new alt (both iconics), but good to know, thx!

    Is this a glitch that appears widely, or just in WW? (I ask, b/c I'll add it to the wiki, one way or the other.)

  4. #4
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,179

    Default

    I have had this occur in other quests. At first I thought it was an issue where someone drops group while inside the Reaper difficulty. But I discovered I was getting the same message when I joined a different group that just entered the quest.

    The Relogging resolved the issue.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Was a new alt (both iconics), but good to know, thx!

    Is this a glitch that appears widely, or just in WW? (I ask, b/c I'll add it to the wiki, one way or the other.)
    Hmmm...maybe reincarnated toon are considered "new toons" and new toons lack certain parameters?

    It occurs rarely all over DDO, not just certain places.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    At first I thought it was an issue where someone drops group while inside the Reaper difficulty.
    I am told the proper way to leave a Reaper group is to inform the party that you are no longer going to be questing in that dungeon.
    Close your game completely.
    Leader waits 2 minutes then removes you from the party.


    If you ever try to enter a "locked" reaper dungeon, you will get a loading screen then get thrown back out into the public area/wilderness without seeing the inside of the dungeon.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I am told the proper way to leave a Reaper group is to inform the party that you are no longer going to be questing in that dungeon.
    Close your game completely.
    Leader waits 2 minutes then removes you from the party.


    If you ever try to enter a "locked" reaper dungeon, you will get a loading screen then get thrown back out into the public area/wilderness without seeing the inside of the dungeon.
    this is a separate thing, but also a good tip.

    regarding the entire party rule/bug, read more here:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Quest_minimu...ire_Party_Rule

  8. #8
    Community Member cultofthefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Odd thing happened to me in Waterworks chain.

    I was dual-boxing 2 new alts thru it (both over-level), and when I got to the 2nd half, one popped in np, and the other was not allowed to enter.

    The pop-up read "All party members must meet the quest requirements" (or words to that effect).

    The two were together in both flagging (parts 1-2) quests, neither exited early, both talked to Guard Tembor (sp?) - what "requirements" was one missing?

    I tried abandoning and re-doing 1st half on casual to get flagged - no love.

    Went back after and finished 2nd half with him alone - no problem.

    What was going on? What was I missing?


    Right, so regarding this error:

    Relogging does correct this but the bigger issue seems to be that the game doesn't immediately realize when you've advanced a level.

    Try running the Tangleroot Chain on elite at level 4; you'll encounter the same issue once you're on the last 2 quests (these are base level 7, lvl 9 on elite, and too high a spread for a character at level 4 to enter - it wont even appear on your quest log yet, likely the primary reason Tangleroot isn't available on Reaper mode) - it just won't let you enter. Even if you take level 5, you will continue to encounter the '...must meet the quest requirements' snag until you relog. I'd argue it's related to favor delays (for example, you'll often see the mail message that you've earned points, but the total favor 'bar' hasn't updated yet and shows you as being just shy of that 100x reward - until you enter a new quest or relog), or ffor another example, examining the LFM right after taking the next level - you'll see quests greyed out that you should be eligible for, and you'll still be (apparently) eligible for groups that you no longer meet the maximum level for.

    In short, I'd say it's a longstanding issue with a database update upon taking a new level that is usually resolved by completing a stand alone quest (not a chain) or forcibly updated with a quick relog.

    This has been my experience at least.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cultofthefish View Post
    Right, so regarding this error:

    Relogging does correct this but the bigger issue seems to be that the game doesn't immediately realize when you've advanced a level.

    Try running the Tangleroot Chain on elite at level 4; you'll encounter the same issue once you're on the last 2 quests (these are base level 7, lvl 9 on elite, and too high a spread for a character at level 4 to enter - it wont even appear on your quest log yet, likely the primary reason Tangleroot isn't available on Reaper mode) - it just won't let you enter. Even if you take level 5, you will continue to encounter the '...must meet the quest requirements' snag until you relog. I'd argue it's related to favor delays (for example, you'll often see the mail message that you've earned points, but the total favor 'bar' hasn't updated yet and shows you as being just shy of that 100x reward - until you enter a new quest or relog), or ffor another example, examining the LFM right after taking the next level - you'll see quests greyed out that you should be eligible for, and you'll still be (apparently) eligible for groups that you no longer meet the maximum level for.

    In short, I'd say it's a longstanding issue with a database update upon taking a new level that is usually resolved by completing a stand alone quest (not a chain) or forcibly updated with a quick relog.

    This has been my experience at least.
    I've noticed this as well. Would have to test but I suspect dropping group and reforming once leveling would work without a relog. I think it makes the groups limitations When it forms up.

  10. #10
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cultofthefish View Post
    Right, so regarding this error:

    Relogging does correct this but the bigger issue seems to be that the game doesn't immediately realize when you've advanced a level.
    May get the same errour message, but it's not the same cause as my OP. This was an Iconic - had been level 15 for a day or two.

    But under minimum level for quests does produce the same errour message, now that I think about it.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,027

    Default

    This is from that DDO wiki link:

    It seems that the game remembers the levels of party members when they join the group and uses that number to check for level requirements.

    which is probably quite correct.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    This is from that DDO wiki link:

    It seems that the game remembers the levels of party members when they join the group and uses that number to check for level requirements.

    which is probably quite correct.
    Just to add to the mystery: I recently leveled to 20, took my epic destiny, and then joined a group of friends, that were already 20+, to run lords of dust. It would not let me in due to the level requirements issue, but it did let everyone else in. I had to relog to become truly epic enough to enter. Another guy I had been running with in heroics also made it to 20, and joined the same group in progress, and he hit the exact same issue. It took a relog to become epic enough to enter.

  13. #13
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    Just to add to the mystery:...
    That actually makes some amount of sense. Not that the ailment is in any way user-friendly, but given the other symptoms, it fits.

  14. #14
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    I was just editing the wiki to reflect the above info, and I suddenly realized - there was another element involved in this lockout.

    The 2 iconics were towing a sponge (alt account, for favor), and that sponge leveled up from 1-2 while in the party. (They had to run some quests solo to get their xp, but didn't break party). I ignored it in my OP b/c it had entered without a problem, and I was focused on the toon that was blocked out. But that sponge 100% fits the previously existing pattern, and (I believe) the Iconics were only coincidental.

    Looking at the symptoms currently listed on the wiki, I believe all symptoms have one common element (as suggested above) - leveling up while in a party (or, perhaps, to Level 20 for Epics - unclear if that also was while in party or no).


    EDIT - altho', reading a related thread, it seems Iconics ~have~ been observed to trigger the same effect. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5508912

    Derp. Well, I didn't want to (further) muddy the water, and perhaps have cleared it up just a bit. Will edit OP to reflect this forgotten major detail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Seems to happen possibly when a toon in the party has recently Reincarnated for some reason.
    I have to wonder if those "recent reincarnated" are not also rapidly leveling while in a party. It would let a single cause explain the bug.
    Last edited by C-Dog; 05-27-2017 at 03:17 PM.

  15. #15
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I've noticed this as well. Would have to test but I suspect dropping group and reforming once leveling would work without a relog. I think it makes the groups limitations When it forms up.
    Everyone in the group has to do this, though.

  16. #16
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,027

    Default

    Test results:

    Joined group with friend to chat.
    Decided to catch up with him by using an Otto's Box.
    Leveled up from 4 to 15 (banking a few levels)
    Dropped from group after leveling up.
    (This meant that there was no longer a party.)
    Was immediately reinvited to group.
    Proceeded to group for a long time, gaining 1 level in the process.
    Had no complaints on players not being able to enter dungeons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload