Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Announcing Friday Night Raidfest with the High Lords at 9pm EST!!

[edit]: I am no longer monitoring this thread

Please see this post for updated event details
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-25-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Community Member

Holy ****!

Thanks, I will be joining you on my Lock spamming the join button, hoping to be one the few, the brave, the proud!

Edit, umm probably not this week though, playoffs and all that.

edit 2, okay I will be there, I thought the Ottowa - Pitt game was tonight for some reason. Anyway, after the double over time I got some new gear together, have 960ish hp, 1200 or so after my aura and such are activated, 73 energy resistance, and 38 Absorb.

Ready to GO!
    Last edited by Whitering; 05-26-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Default Great inaugural turnout!

Our first ever Friday Night Raidfest saw a great turnout and nearly everyone stayed for all 3 raids. Thanks for coming e1 and see you next Friday night for another round of MOD-DOJ-RSO!

Community Member

Is there a recommended amount of electrical absorption on gear? I can get the twist and then 10% more from Heavenly Presence (Divine Crusader) (assuming they stack)... but for items the best I have is a prismatic cloak for like 18%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoblefu View Post
    Is there a recommended amount of electrical absorption on gear? I can get the twist and then 10% more from Heavenly Presence (Divine Crusader) (assuming they stack)... but for items the best I have is a prismatic cloak for like 18%.
    Overall survivability of a toon is a factor in how much electrical mitigation is needed. We just do normal for these runs so Energy Sheath twist and any absorption item will be sufficient for anyone. Highly durable toons can get away with less. Multiple absorption items will stack multiplicatively, not additively, provided they are not the same %.

Tonight's event will be live streamed on my Youtube channel. Hope to see you there!

Another great turnout for week 2 of our new Friday Night Raidfest! We had a few folks that were new to these raids, so we explained how things work in each raid. MOD and DOJ went really well. RSO was a little bumpy but we slayed ourselves a blue dragon but not before it got the better of me several times! Here's the live stream if you missed...

Community Member

Thanks for hosting this! Hope to see you again next Friday.

(Fuzol)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoblefu View Post
    Thanks for hosting this! Hope to see you again next Friday.

(Fuzol)
    Hell yeah, glad to have you and grats on your firsts!

Community Member

A few crazy weeks, I should be back for this on Friday. Basically I only died last time when I didn't have deathblock (fixed that right after), and when I got hit by two blades at once in Defiler.

Hopefully this time I don't look like I am a toddler when trying to take the air vent up to the platform in RSO.

This week's Friday Night Raidfest will start at 10pm EST. Because...

I will be a guest on DDOCast Friday, June 16th at 8pm EST. The topic will be tactics for reaper mode! Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/ddocast or check out the podcast later at https://www.youtube.com/user/DDOCastLIVE or http://www.ddocast.com/

Hope to see you on DDOCast or in Raidfest

Community Member

Well, I floated up to the platform on my first try this time I think, next week maybe I will try to learn the puzzle solving. I can do shroud puzzles given enough time as I have to think through what's happening, unlike the savants that tap dance around them and fly on to the next one. It feels like you might have a little more time on these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    I think, next week maybe I will try to learn the puzzle solving.
    The puzzle is similar to the old Simon memory game where you try to reproduce a sequence of colored lights/sounds the machine gives you by pressing out the same pattern. When you reproduce a sequence successfully, the next level adds yet another color/sound to the original sequence to make it harder to remember. If at any point you can't repeat the sequence, the machine makes a distinctive noise and clears the game. Here is an online version to try out.

The RSO puzzles are like Simon in that you are trying to reproduce a sequence of lighted runes/sounds. They differ from Simon in that each sequence is randomly generated; they do not build on one another. You are given a 3x3 grid of runes with a lever on the bottom. Pulling the lever initiates the puzzle. The first sequence you need to repeat involves three runes/sounds, the second has four runes/sounds, and the third has five. If you do a sequence correctly, one of the three heads above the puzzle lights up with green lights. Once all three heads are green, you have solved the puzzle. If you are incorrect, the heads light up with red lights and the whole puzzle resets no matter how far along you are.

People have different ways of remembering the sequences--some use the light pattern, some the sounds, and some think of the 3x3 like a number pad and key in the number pattern.

You can practice the entryway puzzles by simply entering the raid. You won't have the lightning strikes and the skellies whomping you like in the raid proper, but it can still be useful.
    Last edited by Rig_O_Mortis; 06-20-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Default no Raidfest 6/23/17

I will not be in game this Friday night so no Raidfest this week

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    I will not be in game this Friday night so no Raidfest this week
    I mean, I should check this post before I leave work, instead of later, because then I wouldn't have gotten take out for dinner lol

Well, I mean, I get two really nice chicken and veggie somosas, nicely cooked with a spicy and sweet chutney for $2.50 so, it's not like a big deal, but lol

Default no Raidfest 6/30/17

Sadly, I cannot host Raidfest this Friday, June 30th. Friday nights are very iffy for me over the summer. I will post each week here if I cannot host it.

Community Member

Well, at least I noticed today!

This will actually allow me to sneak in an extra run for my free ship from the summer event in STO over the weekend. Silver lining. Hope you are still getting some nice rest and relaxation and not drinking yourself to death Friday nights at a club or something. But I am an old fuddy duddy.

Default Raidfest is back on for Friday, June 30!

My previous engagement got rained out so I'll be on tonight to host Friday Night Raidfest at 9pm EST!

Default No Raidfest 7/14/17

I will not be able to host Friday Night Raidfest this Friday, July 14. I will be back to host it next Friday, July 21!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast