Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    DEVELOPER GENERAL'S WARNING: Consuming Mysterious Remnants may be hazardous to one's health. Consult your Cleric before attempting to eat Mysterious Remnants. They should tell you "no". If they do not, they are likely a Doppelganger, Changeling, or a crafty Wizard under the effects of a Polymorph spell. Side effects of eating Mysterious Remnants include fatigue, transport to unknown planes, and sudden, irreversable disintegration. Do not drive Airships or operate Heavy Crossbows while under the effects of Mysterious Remnants.
    They're also a choking hazard....

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    What "bonus" is it, exactly? "Wow, you must 6 months to get an average item, that surely is fun. And if you happen to be out of town in that weekend, don't worry, next year you will get it"

It should just be permanent, and create other exciting bonus that will actually involve players to play, and not just check a single vendor.

I like this new Reaper XP Bonus, and I wish Cordovan would sit and talk with his boss and try to create more and longer bonuses, not just for a weekend.
    Bonus length is a different issue to what i was talking about, which was more about whether a reaper bonus in and of itself was 'ok' or not.

I would certainly prefer most bonuses were at least 9 days long, friday-sunday, and weekend-only bonuses could then potentially be higher and more rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

As though it wasnt rewarding enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, tomorrow brings a first-ever +20% Reaper XP Bonus. Runs through Sunday.
    ...but yeah, Reaper's just there for the challenge...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Bonus length is a different issue to what i was talking about, which was more about whether a reaper bonus in and of itself was 'ok' or not.

I would certainly prefer most bonuses were at least 9 days long, friday-sunday, and weekend-only bonuses could then potentially be higher and more rare.
    I've covered both the Remnant Vendor "bonus" issue and the "lenght" issue of these events.

And I agree. Every single MMO that I played has week (weeks!) long events. There are million of "bonus weeks" that Turbine could simply adopt, to incentive people to actually play and not simply wait a vendor, buy an item and log off.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    As though it wasnt rewarding enough......but yeah, Reaper's just there for the challenge...
    Of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Yes, tomorrow brings a first-ever +20% Reaper XP Bonus. Runs through Sunday.
    It is well into tomorrow. There is nothing on the launcher and no "DDO Bonus Days!" post in the Announcements & Contests forum. I've run some reaper dungeons and have not noticed any special RXP boost. Is this actually happening?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    It is well into tomorrow. There is nothing on the launcher and no "DDO Bonus Days!" post in the Announcements & Contests forum. I've run some reaper dungeons and have not noticed any special RXP boost. Is this actually happening?
    Generally starts on Thursday afternoon (EST/EDT). Which, IMO, is fine for a weekend bonus.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    What do we have to do to get the remnant vendor updated with the extra gear? Please, some of us are sitting on 100,000+ remnants now. Please update the vendor, permanently if possible so we don't have to go through this every time. And for those say that devs have said it's coming soon, we have been hearing this for months, and they forgot to do it when they had the remnant boost weekend a few weeks ago.
    This will be happening soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Personally think the remnant vendor's items should always be available and the bonus should only be the increased chance of getting remnants. I also think the increased chance should come around more frequently then 2 or 3 times a year.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Personally think the remnant vendor's items should always be available and the bonus should only be the increased chance of getting remnants. I also think the increased chance should come around more frequently then 2 or 3 times a year.
    This.

Also, make +7 Tomes a permanent fixture in the Store.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'd like it if the items were always available but on the hunter weekends they had, say, 20 or 25% discount on the cost of all the items. As to how to implement it, I think behind the scenes it'd probably be easier to set it as 2 identical item lists with different costs & only 1 set as active, rather than trying to code an actual discount mechanism into it.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

..for the like the 3rd week in a row, meanwhile enjoy the 20% bonus to the xp to the difficulty meant to not be played by most people..

Ever seem like the community and the community spokes person are out of sync? I like more xp on all difficulties but i too have been waiting patiently for that vendor to return and I see the same thing every week.. just sayin..

as a smaller company you should have the power to react to the player base and not have that structured 36 week schedule of not always pertinent bonus weeks.
    Last edited by Zzevel; 05-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I'd like it if the items were always available but on the hunter weekends they had, say, 20 or 25% discount on the cost of all the items. As to how to implement it, I think behind the scenes it'd probably be easier to set it as 2 identical item lists with different costs & only 1 set as active, rather than trying to code an actual discount mechanism into it.
    That is a really clever idea.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

No offense to you Cordovan as I Know you are passing the information forward, but this seems to be the reply we have been getting for a while now. I hope It is for real this time.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Community Manager

I wanted to wait until it was formally penned into the document, but it is now, so: Next week. Champion Hunter Week, May 25th through May 31st. Cloaks and Crowns and Bracers.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I wanted to wait until it was formally penned into the document, but it is now, so: Next week. Champion Hunter Week, May 25th through May 31st. Cloaks and Crowns and Bracers.
    MMMMmmmmm fiery crown you will belong to me.

so no new items ?
    Leader of Radical Dreamers

Character's: Kylerr Heroic Past life: 42/42 Icoinic Past life: 18/18 Epic Past life: 36/36 Racial Past life: 33/33

Thumbs up I like it!

+1

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Cool Waiting~

Yeah! Been saving up!
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Community Member

Could someone add some "worthwhile" items in there, with the emphasis on -->worthwhile<--.
    +3& +4 remnant tomes and lv 28 versions of the bracers and cloak?
    Maybe some new cosmetics or a pet?

I have a 100+k remnants wasting space in my shared ingredients bank.
    When i started playing people warned me that i would be stockpiling ingredients that would turn useless over time, i just never thought it would happen this fast.

Thank you for the bonus!
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast