Community Member

Default A nuce guild amenetie you could make money from

I got to thinking what a great idea it would be to have a ship thing that we could buy for shards or ddo points. It would be a ship message board so we can post messages to out guildmates, say hello, make arrangements for raids and quests etc. The best reason for this would be to post a WTB/WTT for items needed. This would greatly help because some things are very hard to get on AH. Prolly a dream that will get shot down, but I had to ask.

Default I agree

My kraken wants this. I envisioned a black board like a coach uses that could be drawn on. Most of us with AS ships would probably pay just to fill empty room.

Quote Originally Posted by harmlesslarry View Post
    I got to thinking what a great idea it would be to have a ship thing that we could buy for shards or ddo points. It would be a ship message board so we can post messages to out guildmates, say hello, make arrangements for raids and quests etc. The best reason for this would be to post a WTB/WTT for items needed. This would greatly help because some things are very hard to get on AH. Prolly a dream that will get shot down, but I had to ask.
    I support this idea.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Seems doable, whack a couple of notice objects form slavers onto a wall. Then have it so when you click it the message is brought up with an edit button at the bottom.
    The boards have 4 privalage levels:
    1: Only the guild leader can edit
    2: Guild leader and successor
    3: Officers and above
    4: Any guild member
    When the edit button is clicked it brings up a text field to write the message in.
    Have 3 levels of this amenity with 2,4,6 boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We are trying to kill you.

First I'd rather they update the guild window so we can get player notes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

couldn't you do this on forums under the server pages like high lords do for teaching raids for free?

I'd like to see epic greensteel crafting station, portal to newer areas, and more defensive buffs as offense usually isnt a problem.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

...and I only came to the thread because I originally read it as NUDE...nevermind.

Not an idea I'd say no to, but... Why wait for SSG? The "Guild message of the Day" in the guild chat window serves Pestilence well for arranging Raids, and our guild's web site serves all the other functions.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member

Message of the day doesnt provide for trading things, or leaving messages for guildies that havent been on for awhile... and most people dont bother checking a website for stuff.

Message of the day doesnt provide for trading things, or leaving messages for guildies that havent been on for awhile... and most people dont bother checking a website for stuff.
    Says the guy posting on a website he's checking for stuff (in this case information) ^^

Anyways, like I said I wouldn't have any issue with SSG implementing the idea - I was just suggesting alternatives that offer immediate results instead of waiting for something SSG might do or might never do. By all means though, feel free to wait on them
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member Riddle_of_Steel's Avatar

Would it come with a spell checker?

It really needs spell checking.... badly.... my eyes hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    DDO was my MMO of choice because it didn't require a lot of mindless grind back in the day. Now it's my MMO of choice due to inertia and apathy.
    How to Provide Actionable Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle_of_Steel View Post
    Would it come with a spell checker?

It really needs spell checking.... badly.... my eyes hurt.
    I wish i could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.