Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default UI Suggestion - collapse ship buffs into single icon

Anyone know if there is a way to collapse/hide ship buffs? Those are pretty static, and can make it difficult to see what else is going on?
    If not, then can we have the option to collapse all ship buffs (given at the ship buff-bar) down to a single icon?

Community Member

The problem I see is that some of the buffs are of different durations. Maybe if it could differentiate between those?

Quote Originally Posted by RoberttheBard View Post
    The problem I see is that some of the buffs are of different durations. Maybe if it could differentiate between those?
    The only one that is different is the 5% experience shrine which lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes. The rest last 5 hours.

So have two icons - one for the experience shrine and one for everything else.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    The only one that is different is the 5% experience shrine which lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes. The rest last 5 hours.

So have two icons - one for the experience shrine and one for everything else.
    The movement speed buff also has a different duration, and it seems like there are 3 or so in total. Overall not game changing, but if we're going to keep track, we need to be able to keep track. Reducing them all to one icon won't let that happen.

We agree in principle, but can't find a good way to do this with our current tech. One of the sticking points is that we can't just move to a static guild buff system because players can invite non-guild members to use their ship and the buff length is an advantage for long standing guilds.

Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoberttheBard View Post
    The movement speed buff also has a different duration, and it seems like there are 3 or so in total. Overall not game changing, but if we're going to keep track, we need to be able to keep track. Reducing them all to one icon won't let that happen.
    This is a bug when you level up (to a new tier of buffs) and rebuff, some of the new buffs don't overwrite the old one. Everything is the same length except for the quick heal/sp. The post about xp shrine was probably looking at a pot as it has same icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    the buff length is an advantage for long standing guilds.
    Hi.

Make guild buffs permanent. Please. I know you guys are having trouble with the tech, but consolidating it to a single, non-expiring buff would be the bees knees. I would pay for this. A 40,000 astral shard cost would not deter me from getting this as an upgrade for my ship. You want to eat don't you? Make it happen so I can justify buying this instead of spring coats for my children.

If you guys are really proud of that 5 hour timer because of some bizarre developer reason that makes you guys attached to really bad ideas...maybe put two buff alters on ships? One for guests (which have a duration of 3~5 hours) and one that only members+ can click on that simply toggles the buff on/off.

SSG plz.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

what about having a item that takes up 1 spot in inventory, when you log in it is created w/ the given buffs? no timer needed, item destroyed on logout like other things of that nature. ? just trying to think of some alternative.
    I'm Canniths Vileone, a 3x Completionist Heroic, Iconic & Epic ("Uber Completionist"). A collector of pets, and a seeker of treasure. If you need anything, help or just want to chat, send me a tell.

display ship buffs option. On/off

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    We discussed this solution and it was probably the best option. I can't guarantee action on it before Ravenloft.

Sev~

We agree in principle, but can't find a good way to do this with our current tech. One of the sticking points is that we can't just move to a static guild buff system because players can invite non-guild members to use their ship and the buff length is an advantage for long standing guilds.

Sev~
    We discussed this solution and it was probably the best option. I can't guarantee action on it before Ravenloft.

Sev~
    If you do decide to go the direction of hide/show please keep in mind that this option on the "View" Z key by a player examining another player so maybe a show/hide Other's ship buffs.

With so many buffs the area used just has become unwieldy.

However, another thought I had was that the top windows sorts buffs based on "time left"

Another suggestion would be to sort buff icons by remaining duration.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    what about having a item that takes up 1 spot in inventory, when you log in it is created w/ the given buffs? no timer needed, item destroyed on logout like other things of that nature. ? just trying to think of some alternative.
    no touching my limited inventory space... i don't have enough atm.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Hi.

. I would pay for this. A 40,000 astral shard cost would not deter me from getting this as an upgrade for my ship.

SSG plz.
    40,000 shards = 199,900 TP which is approx $1738.17 for those TP

a little overpriced... by a little i mean like no normal person could pay for that.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

+1 on this idea. Some of us with small guild ships 'rotate' buffs stations within a hold spot and it would be difficult to tell which buffs had already been applied if all of them were collapsed to a single icon; so, a single toggle on/off would be preferable.
    Sarlona: Gedov Stillcloak
    Current: Drow Rogue (2) / Wizard (11)
    Past: Ranger x4, Rogue x3, Wizard x2
    Goldfish left Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    40,000 shards = 199,900 TP which is approx $1738.17 for those TP

a little overpriced... by a little i mean like no normal person could pay for that.
    Ship upgrades can usually be sourced by multiple people contributing to a guild chest.

The guild I spend most of my time in has probably at least 80 active members, it's suddenly only $20 apiece. And now the devs can afford pizza for a week.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    The post about xp shrine was probably looking at a pot as it has same icon.
    I don't use EXP pots so...nope.

The 5% EXP Shrine buff for a level 200 guild lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes...always.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Sev~
    At the Moment we have an option to have a Buffs Bar and a Debuffs Bar, the Ship Buffs go on the Buffs Bar.

Why not just add an option for a third Bar for Ship buffs?

I think this is the next best option if we can't have a single ship buff icon.

What I would like to see if that is what ends up happening is party buffs are still shown because right now they are an extension to the ship buffs.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    I don't use EXP pots so...nope.

The 5% EXP Shrine buff for a level 200 guild lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes...always.
    My 5%XP shrine last for 4 hours and 30 minutes. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast