Thread: Best Warlock ED

Community Member

Default Best Warlock ED

Since I have usually played a monk at epic levels I am wondering what is the best ED for a Warlock (all my past warlocks lives I have TR'd at level 20)? I have filled all destinies filled and 6 Million karma in all 4 spheres (my last life was iconic so I didn't lose the karma in any sphere) so that doesn't matter.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    Since I have usually played a monk at epic levels I am wondering what is the best ED for a Warlock (all my past warlocks lives I have TR'd at level 20)? I have filled all destinies filled and 6 Million karma in all 4 spheres (my last life was iconic so I didn't lose the karma in any sphere) so that doesn't matter.
    The answer to this really depends on what sort of content you'll be running. EE and R1 can be solo zerged by a warlock in sentinal. If you can still pull to red on EE/R1 while in EA, then go in EA as it'll give you more DPS, but if you find that you can't pull as many rooms in EA, then your DPS will actually be better in Sentinal.

Community Member

The problem with EA is that is helps light damage, I do force and sonic damage. Sentinal for HP and PRR/MRR sounds good.

Guessing your fey lock so depends on your race and what your running or farming in epics

Shiradi great ed for fey locks force sonic procs and nerve venom

Def prefer that over sentinel esp on a bladeforged lock

EA can also be good you can always use utterdark anytime with a quik respec for max light damage vs force
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Guessing your fey lock so depends on your race and what your running or farming in epics

Shiradi great ed for fey locks force sonic procs and nerve venom

Def prefer that over sentinel esp on a bladeforged lock

EA can also be good you can always use utterdark anytime with a quik respec for max light damage vs force
    Yes I am Fey.

Does Eldrtich Blast count as a ranged attack and thus benefit from all ranged attack bonuses? Does this include bonuses not part of Shiradi (such as Ranged Alacrity). I thought it was neither melee, nor ranged, nor a spell (although it did use the appropriate Spell Power). Is this true of all forms of Eldritch Blast (or at least all except the AoE)?

I actually have Utterdark already, but I usually use Faltering Blast partly because I have force boosts, not light although as a crafter I can change that.

Thanks for the ideas

I like EA +3 DCs & lots of light damage & an extra aoe with wrath and then sound burst for stunning, but then I run a CHR based boom boom lock.

If you got the DCs then stun, blast, burst, dWrath, eBurst = melted room of mobs

No melee or ranged does not work with blasts

Shiradi works with spell casting too so you get full shiradi and cotq procs from bursting or blasting

Faltering hmm never really use that one epics or heroics

burst works fine for most farming

Legendary raiding i prefer the enervating shot for less aggro and level drains

Or just chain blast for ranged mobs that are a pain to try n burst

Even draconic is a fun ed for fiend or goo locks fire or acid specd
    Damonz Cannith