Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Community Member Rys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pražská kavárna
    Posts
    1,948

    Default Heart of Madness Chain: Thanks!

    To whoever made this chain, big thanks and heads up. This chain isn't run almost at all (I guess because of loot and quest level) but **** the quests are so good. The scenery is extremely pretty, the dungeon master just awesome, the storyline so fun, the quests have a good number of shrines and I just fell in love after I run it for the second time since the release. The underwater optional in Fashion Madness is just soooo pretty (I couldn't believe I found it there actually). So thanks. Wish we would get more of those.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Yep, there are many hidden gems that are not used much because they are difficult from an XP/min or loot perspective.

    I'm starting to feel burnt out again and I think re-exploring some of the classics may be the way to go.

  3. #3
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,438

    Default

    /signed. It was pretty fun running them, DM in this chain is a blast.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Yep, there are many hidden gems that are not used much because they are difficult from an XP/min or loot perspective.

    I'm starting to feel burnt out again and I think re-exploring some of the classics may be the way to go.
    Make sure to have DM on. I love hearing it in this chain
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  4. #4
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    17,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    To whoever made this chain, big thanks and heads up. This chain isn't run almost at all (I guess because of loot and quest level) but **** the quests are so good. The scenery is extremely pretty, the dungeon master just awesome, the storyline so fun, the quests have a good number of shrines and I just fell in love after I run it for the second time since the release. The underwater optional in Fashion Madness is just soooo pretty (I couldn't believe I found it there actually). So thanks. Wish we would get more of those.
    Just ran this chain on Heroic Elite on Sarlona last night while trying to get a 1st Life 14 Barb/6 Fighter toon to 5k favour - That toon is Lvl 30.

    I had a full group {well 5+ Garrett} between lvl 27 and 30 for all three quests, the first two being fine/no problems and the 3rd quest a complete fustercluck!Guess which quest that was!?!

    Ok no need to guess - Terminal Delirium is LUDICROUSLY OVERSCALED ON HEROIC ELITE!

    Fashion Madness and Palace of Stone are actually decent quests and difficulty wise about the same as End of the Road, Mindsunder or G-Point.

    Terminal Delirum however is the reason this chain so rarely gets run - Just like Acute Delirium and Reign of Madness! It's not just about the difficulty although Terminal Delirium does take this into stupid levels with 1200 damage from Heroic Elite traps {I was levelling GMoF - It's Level 20 on Elite and therefore we were getting xp} and something like 30 Eyes and Mind Flayers all casting at you at the exact same time!

    Now we did complete in the end though we had to do a recall and reenter with one person holding the instance after a wipe in the mirror but I had personally EIGHT Deaths {we had no rogue, a number of those deaths were the balloon part} and we had probably 20 between the entire group and two people ended up leaving before we finished!

  5. #5
    Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Grounded in Reality
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Just ran this chain on Heroic Elite on Sarlona last night while trying to get a 1st Life 14 Barb/6 Fighter toon to 5k favour - That toon is Lvl 30.

    I had a full group {well 5+ Garrett} between lvl 27 and 30 for all three quests, the first two being fine/no problems and the 3rd quest a complete fustercluck!Guess which quest that was!?!

    Ok no need to guess - Terminal Delirium is LUDICROUSLY OVERSCALED ON HEROIC ELITE!

    Fashion Madness and Palace of Stone are actually decent quests and difficulty wise about the same as End of the Road, Mindsunder or G-Point.

    Terminal Delirum however is the reason this chain so rarely gets run - Just like Acute Delirium and Reign of Madness! It's not just about the difficulty although Terminal Delirium does take this into stupid levels with 1200 damage from Heroic Elite traps {I was levelling GMoF - It's Level 20 on Elite and therefore we were getting xp} and something like 30 Eyes and Mind Flayers all casting at you at the exact same time!

    Now we did complete in the end though we had to do a recall and reenter with one person holding the instance after a wipe in the mirror but I had personally EIGHT Deaths {we had no rogue, a number of those deaths were the balloon part} and we had probably 20 between the entire group and two people ended up leaving before we finished!
    Sounds like a job well done devs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/jobus1221/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

  6. #6
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    17,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scipiojedi View Post
    Sounds like a job well done devs
    Really?

    It's a Lvl 18 QUEST!

    I'm not talking about Epic/Legendary!

    I'm talking about HEROIC!

  7. #7
    Community Member Phoenicis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Just ran this chain on Heroic Elite on Sarlona last night while trying to get a 1st Life 14 Barb/6 Fighter toon to 5k favour - That toon is Lvl 30.

    I had a full group {well 5+ Garrett} between lvl 27 and 30 for all three quests, the first two being fine/no problems and the 3rd quest a complete fustercluck!Guess which quest that was!?!

    Ok no need to guess - Terminal Delirium is LUDICROUSLY OVERSCALED ON HEROIC ELITE!

    Fashion Madness and Palace of Stone are actually decent quests and difficulty wise about the same as End of the Road, Mindsunder or G-Point.

    Terminal Delirum however is the reason this chain so rarely gets run - Just like Acute Delirium and Reign of Madness! It's not just about the difficulty although Terminal Delirium does take this into stupid levels with 1200 damage from Heroic Elite traps {I was levelling GMoF - It's Level 20 on Elite and therefore we were getting xp} and something like 30 Eyes and Mind Flayers all casting at you at the exact same time!

    Now we did complete in the end though we had to do a recall and reenter with one person holding the instance after a wipe in the mirror but I had personally EIGHT Deaths {we had no rogue, a number of those deaths were the balloon part} and we had probably 20 between the entire group and two people ended up leaving before we finished!
    I am seriously going to have nightmares about that mirror room.

    Hi, we are gonna fill a room with mostly melee mobs and make melee damage insanely dangerous. Oh, AND we are gonna lock the door between you and the shrine until you kill all the melee mobs that can pretty much one shot you.

    The mind flayers and eyes, yeah, they were a pain but the gargoyles. *shudder*

  8. #8
    DDO Players Council Renvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,083

    Default

    No reason a full party of level 30's should have 20 deaths or re-entries on Terminal Delirium unless they are not using the right tactics. Just because you have a hammer, doesn't mean every problem is a nail.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Just because you have a hammer, doesn't mean every problem is a nail.
    Oh!

  10. #10
    Community Member Satyriasys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    To whoever made this chain, big thanks and heads up. This chain isn't run almost at all (I guess because of loot and quest level) but **** the quests are so good. The scenery is extremely pretty, the dungeon master just awesome, the storyline so fun, the quests have a good number of shrines and I just fell in love after I run it for the second time since the release. The underwater optional in Fashion Madness is just soooo pretty (I couldn't believe I found it there actually). So thanks. Wish we would get more of those.
    I couldn't disagree more. This chain is the reason I quit ddo for a year and still the only pack I do not or ever will own. The quest design was so insultingly bad it made me never want to spend another cent on this game. I guess Some people don't mind hip-hop pop culture mimics in the D&D games but to me it was disrespectful and insulting. They could have done so much with Xoriat but they just see it as an excuse to be silly and goofy. The plane of madness should be terrifying not comedic.
    Join Date: Nov 2009

  11. #11
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    6,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. This chain is the reason I quit ddo for a year and still the only pack I do not or ever will own. The quest design was so insultingly bad it made me never want to spend another cent on this game. I guess Some people don't mind hip-hop pop culture mimics in the D&D games but to me it was disrespectful and insulting. They could have done so much with Xoriat but they just see it as an excuse to be silly and goofy. The plane of madness should be terrifying not comedic.
    Xoriat can be both. There are plenty of xoriat themed quests that are more WH40K warp than they are looney tunes. Of the three 'madness chains' though, this is by far my least favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

  12. #12
    Community Member Feralthyrtiaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Really?

    It's a Lvl 18 QUEST!

    I'm not talking about Epic/Legendary!

    I'm talking about HEROIC!
    To be fair you get hit for that damage due to the balloon form's vulnerability to slashing damage. Those traps can be disabled. Probably by a buffed hireling rogue that is not in balloon form called into position.

    It's tough but doable with some thought, tactics and teamwork.

    MAD PROPS TO MC MIMIC AHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

  13. #13
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Just ran this chain on Heroic Elite on Sarlona last night while trying to get a 1st Life 14 Barb/6 Fighter toon to 5k favour - That toon is Lvl 30.

    I had a full group {well 5+ Garrett} between lvl 27 and 30 for all three quests, the first two being fine/no problems and the 3rd quest a complete fustercluck!Guess which quest that was!?!

    Ok no need to guess - Terminal Delirium is LUDICROUSLY OVERSCALED ON HEROIC ELITE!

    Fashion Madness and Palace of Stone are actually decent quests and difficulty wise about the same as End of the Road, Mindsunder or G-Point.

    Terminal Delirum however is the reason this chain so rarely gets run - Just like Acute Delirium and Reign of Madness! It's not just about the difficulty although Terminal Delirium does take this into stupid levels with 1200 damage from Heroic Elite traps {I was levelling GMoF - It's Level 20 on Elite and therefore we were getting xp} and something like 30 Eyes and Mind Flayers all casting at you at the exact same time!

    Now we did complete in the end though we had to do a recall and reenter with one person holding the instance after a wipe in the mirror but I had personally EIGHT Deaths {we had no rogue, a number of those deaths were the balloon part} and we had probably 20 between the entire group and two people ended up leaving before we finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    I am seriously going to have nightmares about that mirror room.

    Hi, we are gonna fill a room with mostly melee mobs and make melee damage insanely dangerous. Oh, AND we are gonna lock the door between you and the shrine until you kill all the melee mobs that can pretty much one shot you.

    The mind flayers and eyes, yeah, they were a pain but the gargoyles. *shudder*
    From the Wiki:

    "Mirror room


    One of the bedrooms has a mirror in it, use chat emotes to mimic your reflection's actions to turn into a mirror. The following emotes are used: /wave, /bow, /point, /flex, /cheer, and /kiss. You will then have to "protect" your invulnerable reflection against 4 waves of Mind Flayers, Gargoyles, and Eyes. While in mirror form, you are especially susceptible to melee damage. It is best to either do mass crowd control on the enemies or let them aggro onto the reflection, and then attack just one enemy at a time. You can use the bed in the corner to help LOS block and kite enemies. Enemies will not follow you out of the mirror room, but you cannot leave the mirror room if dead. You can return to the mirror room if you Release and re-enter but that entire wave of mobs will be spawned and beating on the reflection, which is good distraction."

    We stood at the mirror: step just inside, pull, kill, step out & heal, rinse, repeat.

  14. #14
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Bards are awesome in Terminal Delirium I hear. I was so happy when I got my mythic necklace there <3
    Social Justice W...arlock
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3
    Okarinios Orgismenos: Hardcore Rage barbarian.

  15. #15
    Community Member Phoenicis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    From the Wiki:

    "Mirror room


    One of the bedrooms has a mirror in it, use chat emotes to mimic your reflection's actions to turn into a mirror. The following emotes are used: /wave, /bow, /point, /flex, /cheer, and /kiss. You will then have to "protect" your invulnerable reflection against 4 waves of Mind Flayers, Gargoyles, and Eyes. While in mirror form, you are especially susceptible to melee damage. It is best to either do mass crowd control on the enemies or let them aggro onto the reflection, and then attack just one enemy at a time. You can use the bed in the corner to help LOS block and kite enemies. Enemies will not follow you out of the mirror room, but you cannot leave the mirror room if dead. You can return to the mirror room if you Release and re-enter but that entire wave of mobs will be spawned and beating on the reflection, which is good distraction."

    We stood at the mirror: step just inside, pull, kill, step out & heal, rinse, repeat.
    We duoed it first time, doing it on a barb and arti. we prefer to try things we have never done without referring to the wiki ahead of time...

  16. #16
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    We duoed it first time, doing it on a barb and arti. we prefer to try things we have never done without referring to the wiki ahead of time...
    I wasn't saying that we looked it up. I was saying that there is a strategy. We figured it out after wiping while trying it the "traditional" way. While we were sitting there as stones talking about what happened we saw that the reflection had aggro'd everything but wasn't taking damage. Then we figured out the rest.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    To whoever made this chain, big thanks and heads up. This chain isn't run almost at all (I guess because of loot and quest level) but **** the quests are so good. The scenery is extremely pretty, the dungeon master just awesome, the storyline so fun, the quests have a good number of shrines and I just fell in love after I run it for the second time since the release. The underwater optional in Fashion Madness is just soooo pretty (I couldn't believe I found it there actually). So thanks. Wish we would get more of those.
    I agree
    I've always enjoyed the Madness quests, they bring a unique atmosphere. Though I agree about the Delirium quests and find those difficult to run, I LOVE/HATE beholders(frustrating but offer a unique challenge) with a passion, and the unique quest challenges and mechanics I also love/hate. I found the Palace of Stone the easiest to run of the 3, for farming loot anyway, its like a fun trip to a museum in a way. Would love it if there ever was a revisit to see a Palace of Eyes, as the Lord of Eyes has to make his own "palace" in his rivalry with the Lord of Stone.
    "It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it"

  18. #18
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,772

    Default

    For the mirror room. Step in, cast firewall or similar aoe, walk out. wait. Repeat.

    For the balloon area, have someone with snowslide or wings get the air, then use the wings to go back down, bypassing all the traps and beholders. Actually, ddoor might work too, never tried it...

    Quest is not that hard.

    PS, the eyeballs are instakilled by blinding effects, sunburst works great.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 04-07-2017 at 05:39 AM.

  19. #19
    Community Member Rys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pražská kavárna
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Yep, there are many hidden gems that are not used much because they are difficult from an XP/min or loot perspective.

    I'm starting to feel burnt out again and I think re-exploring some of the classics may be the way to go.
    For sure it is It is nice to stop caring about the xp for some time

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. This chain is the reason I quit ddo for a year and still the only pack I do not or ever will own. The quest design was so insultingly bad it made me never want to spend another cent on this game. I guess Some people don't mind hip-hop pop culture mimics in the D&D games but to me it was disrespectful and insulting. They could have done so much with Xoriat but they just see it as an excuse to be silly and goofy. The plane of madness should be terrifying not comedic.
    I don't get this idea that comedic is not part of madness. Frequently madness is high comedy taken too far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload