Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default DDO Store Temporary Access Change

We are temporarily changing the way customers make purchases through the DDO Store while we work on a tech issue. When players attempt to open the DDO Store, a confirmation dialog will open, and if accepted, the game will minimize and the Store will open in an external web browser. Players can then make purchases like normal using the browser.

The browser that opens should be whatever web browser your computer uses as a default setting.

To refresh the store or make additional purchases, you must close the store browser window and then re-open the store from the in-game dialog. The browser refresh button will not update the store properly to reflect certain purchases or if you have switched to another character.

Important Note: Do not share your unique store URL.

If you run into any issues, please let us know. Account Support remains available to help resolve any issues through help.standingstonegames.com.
    Last edited by CS_Alkaid; 04-03-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are temporarily changing the way customers make purchases through the DDO Store while we work on a tech issue. When players attempt to open the DDO Store, a confirmation dialog will open, and if accepted, the game will minimize and the Store will open in an external web browser. Players can then make purchases like normal using the browser.

The browser that opens should be whatever web browser your computer uses as a default setting.

If you run into any issues, please let us know. Account Support remains available to help resolve any issues through help.standingstonegames.com.

Account support is unavailable, because I've been waiting 2 months for a resolution to my issue.

Community Member Riddle_of_Steel's Avatar

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess you guys missed the Java Browser Plugin depreciation eh! Many of our vendors are currently scrambling because they didn't keep their eye on that ball so I wouldn't be surprised. From what we have seen though replacing it in HTML 5 has been pretty straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    DDO was my MMO of choice because it didn't require a lot of mindless grind back in the day. Now it's my MMO of choice due to inertia and apathy.
    How to Provide Actionable Feedback

Community Member

Default Hoping it won't take too long.

Hope this does not take too long, because my computer can't support the game and internet at the same time. This is also the case with bug reports having to close out of the game just to submit a bug or ticket to get help with an in game issue.

Community Member

Default Account info stored in history

Tried the external browser. Logged out of DDO and reopened the store through History in Google Chrome. The page was logged into my account, so it looks like all the necessary info is being cached. Was able to view payment information, etc. I'm not sure that's a good thing... O.o

Check and clear history, cache etc after using the external browser!!!

Community Member

Default I still can't buy dragonborn

I get this error when trying to enter account->races and classes.

Something is going wrong
    Technical error has occurred. Please try again later.

This mean i am unable to buy dragonborn.

I hope you fix this.

Get it back to ingame browser really fast it's a real nuisance.

You can't use store while keeping track of what happens in game ATM it's really a PITA.

Edit :
    Oh and I won't even go into all the things that can be done through the browser history and cache... Expect some serious hacking going on.
    (note : I won't try, there's no point, the tech is just no secure enough, the ingame browser was bringing some more layers that made it more difficult)
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 03-31-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Default Problems abound

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    I get this error when trying to enter account->races and classes.

Something is going wrong
    Technical error has occurred. Please try again later.

This mean i am unable to buy dragonborn.

I hope you fix this.
    Submitted a ticket (5640) for the exact same issue; Races & Classes has been broken for 5+ days. Of course, the "contact us" link goes to a broken page, as well. Took me a week to get the TP that I purchased, probably take another to be able to spend them.

Also, why is my DDO Store Tab titled "PlayStation 3?"
    Last edited by Wireless_Joe; 03-31-2017 at 01:13 PM.

The external browser option does not appear to be working. After the confirmation dialog, nothing happens, DDO does not minimize, nor does an external brower open up.

Community Member

Default external browser doesn't open

Quote Originally Posted by Baraz View Post
    The external browser option does not appear to be working. After the confirmation dialog, nothing happens, DDO does not minimize, nor does an external brower open up.
    I have the same problem. I have Seamonkey set as my default browser, rather than IE or Chrome, if that makes any difference. Clicking on links within the announcements on the login screen (such as the link to information on this issue), does not launch the browser, either.

This isn't good, since I can't redeem my HAPPY11TH coupon tonight, since I won't be able to log in again until after the April 2nd deadline :-(

Edit: removed my request to send the URL for the store, thinking I could log in as myself. As related further below, this would send an authorization token that would give someone else full access to your store account. This would, needless to say, be very bad....
    Last edited by Blivit; 03-31-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: removed request for URL due to security holes

I click on the store icon, the browser opens and I'm asked how I want to pay. How do I tell it to use my TP, it's not one of the choices?

Some think I'm a pain in the neck. Others have a lower opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teefal_v0 View Post
    Tried the external browser. Logged out of DDO and reopened the store through History in Google Chrome. The page was logged into my account, so it looks like all the necessary info is being cached. Was able to view payment information, etc. I'm not sure that's a good thing... O.o

Check and clear history, cache etc after using the external browser!!!
    Its no different than the in-game browser, in fact it is likely much more up to date and secure. Posting account information between pages is pretty much how the internet works :P

DDO likely sent along an auth cookie along with the re-direct to the external browser, which is why you didn't need to log in. i am checking it now to see and make sure it isn't too big a deal.

ADDENDUM: Even easier than that, they make a token that is passed along in the URL, you can see it as everything after the ? mark in the URL. Pretty standard, you just don't often see stuff like that because it is either POSTed or stored in a cookie, but its all equally secure/insecure.

Community Member

Default please extend the anniversary rewards until some time after the store is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by grausherra View Post
    Its no different than the in-game browser, in fact it is likely much more up to date and secure. Posting account information between pages is pretty much how the internet works :P

DDO likely sent along an auth cookie along with the re-direct to the external browser, which is why you didn't need to log in. i am checking it now to see and make sure it isn't too big a deal.

ADDENDUM: Even easier than that, they make a token that is passed along in the URL, you can see it as everything after the ? mark in the URL. Pretty standard, you just don't often see stuff like that because it is either POSTed or stored in a cookie, but its all equally secure/insecure.
    Since, for some of us, links either from within the launcher (such as announcements), or from within the game (such as the new hack to launch the store in an external browser) are not working, we have no way to redeem our remaining anniversary coupons and cash them in before the event ends on April 2nd. I would like to request that the developers please extend the coupon and turn-in deadline until after the store issues are resolved.

I had a friend send me the URL from his browser, and stripped out the auth code (based on the quoted post, I figured including it would be bad). It returned an error message, and no way for me to log in as myself. I pasted the full URL, with the token included, and it logged me in as him instead (not good!).

So, please, everyone ignore my earlier request to post a URL for the store, since that would give everyone access to your account! Very bad....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grausherra View Post

Based on your reply, you definitely misunderstood me. I have no problem with the mechanics of this 'down-and-dirty' emergency workaround. Been there, done that. On the other hand, the fact that the login information persists AFTER the DDO and Browser sessions are closed warrants at least a caution. The fact that someone can come in later and re-open the store under their account from the browser history (which I was able to do) might be a potential issue for people with payment information saved in their account profile... especially if they share a computer with friends/family with an evil sense of humor.

Hope that clarifies.

"Return to Store" link on purchase confirmation page does not work

I checked out this workaround last night. The Web page that opens is misleading because before it loaded I saw Playstation 3. Thought it was an add and immediately closed it. Tried again, let it load and the store opened.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teefal_v0 View Post
    Based on your reply, you definitely misunderstood me. I have no problem with the mechanics of this 'down-and-dirty' emergency workaround. Been there, done that. On the other hand, the fact that the login information persists AFTER the DDO and Browser sessions are closed warrants at least a caution. The fact that someone can come in later and re-open the store under their account from the browser history (which I was able to do) might be a potential issue for people with payment information saved in their account profile... especially if they share a computer with friends/family with an evil sense of humor.
    Indeed, I really hope there's at least a timeout... but really, this should be made to work right. And by "right" I mean, proper account login procedure in the browser (and server/character selection for buying per-character items, obivously), independent of the game client.

That way you'd avoid the security problems inherent in passing account info in the browser call, AND also able to work around any problems with running the game client and browser simultaneously.

Wouldn't mind if the in-game way also came back (Hey, there's already the dialog box for choosing which to use!) but this external browser thing would actually be better for most users if done right.

BTW, confirmed that I was able to get stuff for a character from the old store url even after logging in on a different server and character and opening the store on that one too.
    The slayer count boost from coupon did go on the character the then-active store url was from - when I next logged in on that server and character I got the slayer boost and notification text. So if one were to be thorough and get store urls for all their characters...

Hm, wonder if it'd have worked if the coupon code had expired between using it from there and logging into the game...

Quote Originally Posted by luboolis View Post
    Nor on the after-purchase page.

And the "new to the store" and the "favorite items" (star) links don't work either, in these cases it offers a link to report error but then that doesn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I checked out this workaround last night. The Web page that opens is misleading because before it loaded I saw Playstation 3. Thought it was an add and immediately closed it. Tried again, let it load and the store opened.
    Hm. Over here it looked like "PayStation3" without the l ...
    Last edited by mna; 04-01-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

Default Store

How can I see my Turbine Points then?

I tried to open the ddo store last night
    Opened in browser and minimized
    Got a screen with ddo points
    But hung up on a long running script error
    So I closed it

This is super inconvenient...
    No real access to the store
    Please extend all deals until resolved
    Retired
    Of
    Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by luboolis View Post
    Same thing, but I don't see that as an issue, well may annoy some people that dislike tabbing back and forth, but that's about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast