Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Community Member Jeoffree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    235

    Default March of the Bears - TODAY!

    Last post on March of the Bears, it is happening today at 1:00 pm eastern daylight time, 12:00 noon central, 11:00 am mountain and 10:00 am pacific. We welcome all to roll up a druid and march with us in animal form on the Cannith Server in the harbor. If you don't have a druid please feel free to stop by and cheer us on. I do not have a recording device but if anyone records the event would love to have a link in the comments below.

    What do we want - "Haredye!"
    When do we want it - "Now!" "or maybe soonish"

    See you on Cannith...
    Jeoffree of Cannith, Leader of Monkeystyle Guild

  2. #2
    Community Member Jeoffree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    235

    Default bunp

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeoffree View Post
    Last post on March of the Bears, it is happening today at 1:00 pm eastern daylight time, 12:00 noon central, 11:00 am mountain and 10:00 am pacific. We welcome all to roll up a druid and march with us in animal form on the Cannith Server in the harbor. If you don't have a druid please feel free to stop by and cheer us on. I do not have a recording device but if anyone records the event would love to have a link in the comments below.

    What do we want - "Haredye!"
    When do we want it - "Now!" "or maybe soonish"

    See you on Cannith...
    bump
    Jeoffree of Cannith, Leader of Monkeystyle Guild

  3. #3
    Community Member Blastyswa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    http://imgur.com/a/F6aRf

    That's just a few of the images I took at the end. Frankly these didn't do so well, and I didn't bother taking pictures of anything else since I recorded the event, but the video is still uploading. Once it finishes uploading I'll put the unedited video's link up, and then probably do an edited version as well.
    Dazling of Cannith

  4. #4
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,352

    Default From my point of view:


    I started dancing by Capshaw... eventually there were so many bears dancing by Capshaw we couldn't all fit on the platform. But this was a nice way to end the march.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  5. #5

    Default

    sweet!!!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Sabertooth~1 (4), others


  6. #6
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    28,326

    Default

    Ah, here ya all are (were).


    I wuz late.

    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    The original Hobby Shop

  7. #7
    Community Member Knobull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,540

    Cool

    I managed to record after setting up OBS. Please forgive the quality, as it is the first time I have recorded a game session for upload to YouTube. I have a cheapy laptop so the game graphics settings are quite low and resolution is limited, but after futzing for a bit I found settings in OBS that produced an acceptable frame rate. Oh and my brother called right in the middle so there is a few minutes of dead time where I lost the group, but then found them out on the lighthouse island. The video is raw and unedited, no fancy stuff, just uploaded as-is.

    https://youtu.be/14uj596OoZQ



    @30:10 - OMG, LOL!!! Didn't notice that while recording. Bad bear! Bad bear!
    Last edited by Knobull; 03-25-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    "... none but ourselves can free the mind." - Marcus Garvey, 1937


  8. #8
    Community Member RD2play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    It was great fun guys!

    few of my images:
    http://imgur.com/a/oYOJ5
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    It was great fun guys!

    few of my images:
    http://imgur.com/a/oYOJ5
    Quote Originally Posted by Knobull View Post
    I managed to record after setting up OBS. Please forgive the quality, as it is the first time I have recorded a game session for upload to YouTube. I have a cheapy laptop so the game graphics settings are quite low and resolution is limited, but after futzing for a bit I found settings in OBS that produced an acceptable frame rate. Oh and my brother called right in the middle so there is a few minutes of dead time where I lost the group, but then found them out on the lighthouse island. The video is raw and unedited, no fancy stuff, just uploaded as-is.

    https://youtu.be/14uj596OoZQ



    @30:10 - OMG, LOL!!! Didn't notice that while recording. Bad bear! Bad bear!
    nice!

    So much ugly brown bears...wait, maybe have some cosmetic to color them...
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Sabertooth~1 (4), others


  10. #10
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    20,610

    Default

    Kudos to all who marched! Just sorry I missed it.



    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

    .59373.

  11. #11
    Community Member vryxnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,802

    Thumbs up

    Nice.

    Last time there was a march of dancing bears I didn't have a druid to join in but instead followed them around and spammed /clap and /cheer1 and /cheer2 on the sidelines. It was a good time.

    Had to work instead of play this time around, so sorry I missed it, but still, nice screenshots! *applause*

  12. #12
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,352

    Default

    It was a lot of fun actually. My kids were watching over my shoulder, laughing at all the dancing bears, jumping around, running like crazy in circles round the harbor. We were also reading out loud humorous names. Bigbearchase Me really got me laughing as a throwback to Great Outdoors. There were jokes about having appropriate parade permits, whether or not the guards were going to send us off... it was decided they weren't paid enough to mess with us. Emotes, emotes as far as the eye could read. Funny stuff.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  13. #13
    Community Member Nonesuch2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Thanks to everyone at Monkey Style who helped set this up & run it, we had great fun and good laughs along the way! Below are a few pic's I took during the event.

    Note... I gave notice in chat that I was posting as-is with names & got the ok to do so, but if anyone objects, please let me know. All of this was for a good fun cause.

    http://imgur.com/a/xeoBT
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

  14. #14
    Community Member Jeoffree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    235

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Knobull View Post
    I managed to record after setting up OBS. Please forgive the quality, as it is the first time I have recorded a game session for upload to YouTube. I have a cheapy laptop so the game graphics settings are quite low and resolution is limited, but after futzing for a bit I found settings in OBS that produced an acceptable frame rate. Oh and my brother called right in the middle so there is a few minutes of dead time where I lost the group, but then found them out on the lighthouse island. The video is raw and unedited, no fancy stuff, just uploaded as-is.

    https://youtu.be/14uj596OoZQ



    @30:10 - OMG, LOL!!! Didn't notice that while recording. Bad bear! Bad bear!
    The shot around 16:40 of all the bears crossing the bridge in front of you really shows how many bears were actually there. Fantastic stuff. Hope the devs take notice
    Jeoffree of Cannith, Leader of Monkeystyle Guild

  15. #15
    Community Member Jeoffree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

    I started dancing by Capshaw... eventually there were so many bears dancing by Capshaw we couldn't all fit on the platform. But this was a nice way to end the march.
    DDO screenshot of the week!
    Jeoffree of Cannith, Leader of Monkeystyle Guild

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Community Member vryxnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knobull View Post
    I managed to record after setting up OBS. Please forgive the quality, as it is the first time I have recorded a game session for upload to YouTube. I have a cheapy laptop so the game graphics settings are quite low and resolution is limited, but after futzing for a bit I found settings in OBS that produced an acceptable frame rate. Oh and my brother called right in the middle so there is a few minutes of dead time where I lost the group, but then found them out on the lighthouse island. The video is raw and unedited, no fancy stuff, just uploaded as-is.

    https://youtu.be/14uj596OoZQ



    @30:10 - OMG, LOL!!! Didn't notice that while recording. Bad bear! Bad bear!
    At 27:48 I could just imagine a new player getting off Korthos for the first time, only to emerge surrounded by that scene. O_O

  18. #18
    Community Member Nonesuch2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Alas, everything was not all good today. In looking at one of the stills I posted, I noticed a dark moment in the midst of all the dancing and partying. Apparently, all of the exercise from doing laps around the harbor & the excessive dancing drove one bear to become famished, and in the absence of any food or natural prey, he turned to the closest snack that he could find....

    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

  19. #19
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    28,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Alas, everything was not all good today. In looking at one of the stills I posted, I noticed a dark moment in the midst of all the dancing and partying. Apparently, all of the exercise from doing laps around the harbor & the excessive dancing drove one bear to become famished, and in the absence of any food or natural prey, he turned to the closest snack that he could find....

    ...
    ROFL! Nice catch.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    The original Hobby Shop

  20. #20
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    31,025

    Default

    Thanks for the video, and for organizing this. Both fun and a cool statement.

    The main issue with "bear dyes"/animal dyes is finding the right balance between what people want and don't want, along with the basic technical and time management part of it. If we allowed, say, purple, pink, or more silly colors, I suspect we'd hear from a currently-mostly-silent group that would be quite unhappy with our decision. However, if we allowed more typical colors like grey, brown, black, maybe reddish, then I don't know that would satisfy the folks actually looking for animal dyes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload