Default Missing Access to King's Forest Content Pack? And Can't Buy from DDO Store

Hi, I am currently in Eveningstar and recently hit level 20. I have a VIP account and assumed it allowed access to all the adventure packs, but some quests and areas such as The King's Forest I can't access and it hits me with, "You do not currently have access to The King's Forest Content Pack. Buy it now from the DDO Store! (Buy Now!) (Cancel)".

I am fine with having to buy it, even with the annoyance of it not being included in VIP, but when I open the DDO Store it brings me to another problem; none of the adventure packs show up for purchase! I have read and assume that it is a bug with items having a ML or that VIP blocks adventure packs included with it, but that explanation wouldn't work because it is clearly not included with VIP.

Is this just a bug with VIP, or do I have to get it from the DDO Store, and how?

If you need extra details please ask. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Kingsforest is part of the Menace of the Underdark expansion. Neither of the two expansions are included in VIP.

You can't buy them in the in-gmae store currently you can only buy them from the DDO market.

(If you want both expansions and put Shadowfell in your cart first you can get Menace of the Underdark at a discount.)

Quote Originally Posted by suenjoel View Post
    Hi, I am currently in Eveningstar and recently hit level 20. I have a VIP account and assumed it allowed access to all the adventure packs, but some quests and areas such as The King's Forest I can't access and it hits me with, "You do not currently have access to The King's Forest Content Pack. Buy it now from the DDO Store! (Buy Now!) (Cancel)".

I am fine with having to buy it, even with the annoyance of it not being included in VIP, but when I open the DDO Store it brings me to another problem; none of the adventure packs show up for purchase! I have read and assume that it is a bug with items having a ML or that VIP blocks adventure packs included with it, but that explanation wouldn't work because it is clearly not included with VIP.

Is this just a bug with VIP, or do I have to get it from the DDO Store, and how?

If you need extra details please ask. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    There are 2 expansion packs that you have to buy from the ddo market: Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy.

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...emeID.29252200

VIP's do not get expansions free.

Ever since they updated the DDO Store, it can no longer offer bundles. Expansion packs are bundles, so they can no longer be sold in the store.

Your only choice for buying expansion packs (Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy) is to use the DDO Market, which can be found in the STORE dropdown at the top of any forum page.

Note that if you add Shadowfell to your cart in the DDO Market, you can then add MotU to your cart for half price, so buying both together isn't a bad idea.

As a VIP you have access to all content except the two expansions. They're hoping to release a third expansion at the end of this year, so be aware that you would have to pay for that as well.

Thumbs up

Thank you all for your help! Also, a greater thanks for telling me about the Menace of the Underdark discount when buying both.

Community Member

Default I purchased both and only got ONE

I have had a support case open for 15 DAYS and NO RESPONSE from Support. I purchased the bundles for both and only got the wheelon docks stuff, no king's forest.

Community Member

Default Same issue, just submitted request ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Stevonovich View Post
    I have had a support case open for 15 DAYS and NO RESPONSE from Support. I purchased the bundles for both and only got the wheelon docks stuff, no king's forest.
    I've had the exact same issue this week. I've not seen where it actually gets resolved, but I'm hopeful. Ticket submitted today, so I'll check back when/if I get a response.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by D'Barbee View Post
    I've had the exact same issue this week. I've not seen where it actually gets resolved, but I'm hopeful. Ticket submitted today, so I'll check back when/if I get a response.
    I emailed on June 22. I have received ABSOLUTELY NO response. E-mailed again today. So much for VIP. So much for the thought that actually spending money might get this resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by D'Barbee View Post
    I emailed on June 22. I have received ABSOLUTELY NO response. E-mailed again today. So much for VIP. So much for the thought that actually spending money might get this resolved...

I know this thread is a bit old, but it came up at the top of my search...so I thought I should clarify. Once you make the purchase...check your attached email for a redeem code. Log into the game, open the dod store, and select redeem code from the top. Copy and paste your code and you’re good.

Kazgule

Community Member

Default It even gets worse

The problem is now even worse. There is no possibility to buy the Menace of the Underdark Pack alone, only for 60 dollars in a pack with Mists of Ravenloft, Epic Destinies and other things that I already paid for. I would have prefered to see the pack before buying, I would have saved a good amount, but it would be good if they would allow me to buy the other pack on its own also.

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Liher View Post
    The problem is now even worse. There is no possibility to buy the Menace of the Underdark Pack alone, only for 60 dollars in a pack with Mists of Ravenloft, Epic Destinies and other things that I already paid for. I would have prefered to see the pack before buying, I would have saved a good amount, but it would be good if they would allow me to buy the other pack on its own also.
    One month later and the problem is still the same. I can't buy Menace of the Underdark as a stand alone package. The only option is to spend 60 dollars in a package where I already own all the rest of the content. I even opened a ticket to be sure that this was not an error. They confirmed to me that it was working as intended.

I am aware I am almost doble posting, apologies but my char is now in front of the Kings Forest door. Sad and lonely because his friends went in, leaving him alone...

I love this game, but this is a bit frustating.