Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation My money is gone and nothing happened

Hello,

I have reactivated my VIP account after a long break. I used PayPal to purchase a 3 month subscription at 7:29pm CST. It is now 9:48pm CST and I have not received any confirmation email from Standing Stone, a response to my help desk ticket created on the SS website, and none of the VIP features are available in game including some of my characters.

PayPal sent me an email right after the transaction along with an invoice # confirming the payment went through, but I fail to understand why there is no confirmation email from Standing Stone, nor why my subscription would not be activated right away let alone 1.5 hours later.

Could use some help - not very encouraging to see problems right away after returning.

Update:

No response to ticket, two additional posts under existing ticket, Facebook site for Standing Stone Games, or Tweet. We have officially surpassed Adobe's abysmal customer service rating and are now entering into uncharted territory.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Did you restart the game after subbing?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Did you restart the game after subbing?
    Yes
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

A day later an no response to my post, ticket, or social media requests for assistance.

From what I can tell the folks over at LotR have the same issue with poor customer service. There is no phone number listed for Standing Stone Games. Some thread over on the LotRO forums suggests that this is a small group of people who work out of the Turbine offices as that is where the money goes.

Pretty sad the DDO developers and mods cannot help me out with this issue or get someone at SSG to assist with this issue. Looks like they just washed their hands entirely of game development and account management and handed it off to a group of people who have no idea what they are doing.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

So I took a shot and called the phone number listed on my PayPal confirmation:

Merchant
    Standing Stone Games, LLC.
    accountsupport@turbine.com
    781-407-4020

This phone number is answered by Warner Bros., not Standing Stone Games. The person on the other line had no email address or phone number for SSG. They directed me to the help.standingstonegames.com website, which as we know is not being monitored by anyone. Warner Bros. explained that Turbine no longer exists and SSG splintered off and has no affiliation with WB.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

PM Cordovon and/Or Alkoid
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

I am having the identical issue. Resubbed after a year, VIP status is not showing up after several hours.

Community Member

Yeah, same problem here. Subbed with PayPal. They took the money, but no VIP. If PayPal takes longer, that's fine. But say something on the page letting people know.

Perhaps you need to pay a personal visit to their office in Boston?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Same problem here. Paid with PayPal Thursday. Submitted ticket about an hour later. Friday afternoon I PM'd Alkaid. Still no response from my ticket or Alkaid and still no VIP. Maybe a non-delivery report to PayPal will wake someone up.

I was planning on taking advantage of the VIP XP boost weekend too.

Community Member

Having the same issue. Used PayPal on Thursday to buy a 1 month subscription. Sent a ticket in Friday. PM'ed Cordovan about the issue, and still no response from either. I assume it's an issue with using PayPal as a payment method?

Community Manager

We will be looking into this, and apologize for the issues.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Same for me.
    Decided to come back after a rly long break and tried to activate vip again but its simply stuck at waiting for payment.
    paypal sent the email that its done but no mail or anything from standing stone games.
    the first time i clicked it away accidently and thought maybe it didnt work....
    did it a second time, now i got 2 mails from paypal that its paid (and also on the paypal-site it says payment done 2 times) but still no ingame vip.

Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I paid with paypal earlier today but my VIP did not activate (and the purchase isn't in my DDO store history)... though I've gotten my paypal and email receipts.

I'm especially concerned because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is your final weekend to take advantage of the special gift being offered to VIP players. Click here for more information. The promotion runs through Sunday, March 12th, being shut off on March 13th.

Just make sure to log in as a VIP before the promotion ends to get your account flagged for the Alabaster Lioness Hireling.
    ...I figured I'd cave and get myself the hireling but with it not showing I don't want to miss out. It's the reason I paid for VIP! I've put in a ticket but no answer...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElmshireLancer View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I paid with paypal earlier today but my VIP did not activate (and the purchase isn't in my DDO store history)... though I've gotten my paypal and email receipts.

I'm especially concerned because of this...

...I figured I'd cave and get myself the hireling but with it not showing I don't want to miss out. It's the reason I paid for VIP! I've put in a ticket but no answer...
    Exact same has happened to me, subbed this morning figuring it was my last chance to get the hierling (away all next week on business) still no VIP, which means no pet if its not sorted in the next half hour or so.

Thank you all for subbing! The game is great. Patience.... it's an underused commodity nowadays.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Thank you all for subbing! The game is great. Patience.... it's an underused commodity nowadays.
    The last part of your statement relating to patience really isn't helpful, and i am only surmising designed to antagonise.

When people pay for something no matter the value they expect to receive it.

The frustration is further compounded, by what in essence should be an automated transaction that should be almost instantaneous (it has been every other time i have subscribed over the years).

If they are offering a product that has a limited time frame to purchase; i.e. the lion pet, then it would make sense to ensure their subscription process was actually working.

Community Member

This is truly a wonderful game, and it was my first ever MMO! Very glad I decided to sub again and support a good crew. Hope to continue playing and supporting you guys in the future!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    yup, I'm also a big fan of the game (I've purchased virtually everything strait out) but this is a technical issue and has nothing to do with patience. I'm not ranting or joining a lynch mob but my wife bought her membership with credit and it went right through, I paid with paypal and it is simply not working... and there is a literal ticking clock with a cut-off time for my reward. One purchase easy and another purchase equals hours looking through FAQs, clicking dead help/customer service links and such. Trust me this is frustrating enough as it is.

Default Will they honor the gift

I also purchased the VIP sub.(Pay Pal) yesterday around noon and still nothing, send a ticket and no response.

I hope they honor the Hireling Gift in case that they are not able to fix it in time.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast