Thread: Ascendance

Default Ascendance

Ascendance is a Cannith-based guild looking for goal-oriented folks interested in playing with and talking to like minded players.

About us

We're a small guild that intends on staying that way. We have created (and want to maintain) an extremely close knit guild where individual goals become group goals, and we feel that keeping the guild small offers us the best chance of doing that.

This is the first time we're recruiting, and we plan on being extremely picky about who we take.

The best way to get to know us and our style of play is to run with/talk to us, but I've included some yes/no questions below to hopefully give you some sense of what we're like.

Is Ascendance a good fit for me?

Do you typically play optimized builds?
    Does efficiency matter to you?
    Do you agree that most of the game is easy?
    Are you interested in joining a guild that will support you and help you reach your goals?
    Are you interested in becoming part of a small, close group of players?
    Would you consider yourself to be a relatively "serious" player (in regard to reaching your in-game goals)?
    Do you have a sense of humor?
    Are you interested in running high skull reaper content and/or other relatively difficult content?
    Are you interested in avoiding drama? (but not really)
    Do you want to improve your in-game knowledge/skill as a player?
    Are you able and willing to listen to advice (style of play, build, etc) without getting offended?

If you answered "yes" to most or all of the above questions, we might be a great fit for you!

You can contact us either by PM'ing me here (be patient, I don't always check my PMs) or by getting in touch with me in game on Cannith (probably faster).
    Last edited by Capricorpus; 04-28-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith
    Capricorpus / Capiorcorpus

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorpus View Post
    Everybody has a sense of humour but humour is SUBJECTIVE!

Telling someone they don't have a sense of humour is basically a personal attack upon that person!

Are you interested in avoiding drama?
    Ha Ha Ha!

Are you serious Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Telling someone they don't have a sense of humour is basically a personal attack upon that person!
    I don't recall saying that anyone doesn't have a sense of humor.

Ha Ha Ha!

Are you serious Cap?

External drama (outside of the guild) is very different from internal drama (inside the guild). We don't and shouldn't be expected to get along with every player in DDO, but within the guild itself we don't have and will not tolerate drama between the members. As an individual within the guild you can feel free to like/dislike whomever you choose outside of the guild, but getting along with your fellow guild members isn't optional.

I find it slightly odd that you're posting in this topic considering both you and I are very much aware that you don't want to join Ascendance and we wouldn't take you if you did.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith

Ha Ha Ha!

Are you serious Cap?
    You have to be kidding. Did you really just specifically target someone's post to tell them how much of a liar they are for saying they want to avoid drama?

I'm not interested in guild-swapping, but good luck to cap over and die on finding new members.
    Dazling of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    ...good luck to cap over and die on finding new members.
    We wouldn't be a good fit for most players and most players wouldn't be a good fit for us, so I don't actually anticipate getting any new members out of this post.

That being said, thanks for the kind wishes! Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith

1. Can I copy-paste OP and use it for my own?
    2. How did you make the text below "Capricorpus" say 'Uber Completionist'? I'd like to change my 'Community Member' into something more fancy! :-D
    3. ... I forgot :-/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalruss View Post
    1. Can I copy-paste OP and use it for my own?
    2. How did you make the text below "Capricorpus" say 'Uber Completionist'? I'd like to change my 'Community Member' into something more fancy! :-D
    3. ... I forgot :-/
    You ask cordo via pm for it
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Are you interested in avoiding drama?
    Aww.. This one got me :[
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal

Quote Originally Posted by Miahoo View Post
    Aww.. This one got me :[
    xD
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith

Community Member

Do you typically play optimized builds?
    I happen to have at least two uncleansed greensteel items for killing myself with.

Does efficiency matter to you?
    What quest is house?

Do you agree that most of the game is easy?
    Do you agree that Radish is a meat?

Are you interested in joining a guild that will support you and help you reach your goals?
    Alternatively, could I interest you in joining my start up company to go door to door and sell Bolivian moose hunting knives?

Do you like jokes about Photo's mother?

Do you want to improve your in-game knowledge/skill as a player?
    What quest is house?

Are you able and willing to listen to advice (style of play, build, etc) without getting offended?
    I didn't get upset when Photo showed his mom all the Photo's mom jokes that I had been texting him.

You're still alive? Christ, pacco.

We wouldn't be a good fit for most players and most players wouldn't be a good fit for us, so I don't actually anticipate getting any new members out of this post.
    To be fair, we never expected much of a response from our thread and it actually turned out fairly well. Then again, the server population has changed a bit. Best of luck, pacconi.
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots preMotu

Quote Originally Posted by Darknark View Post
    You're still alive? Christ, pacco.

To be fair, we never expected much of a response from our thread and it actually turned out fairly well. Then again, the server population has changed a bit. Best of luck, pacconi.
    I haven't checked this thread in months and I've spoken to you since, but I just want to remind you that I love you. Yes, it's sexual, but it isn't JUST sexual. It's something deeper, more profound, and somehow more primal. Like tree builds, back when those were a thing. I dream about them changing the Eveningstar challenges to be more central to the way I play DDO just so I can see a poor facsimile of your face more often. I pray to the DDO gods that they'll see fit to bring the largest (winkyface) member of the deer family back to my humble server.

TL;DR - I just noticed this post. I miss you. Come back please.

I really hope this post doesn't get deleted for using the word sexual. Cordo, we're adults, let us have love please
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith

Community Member

Every single time i fought that tree i had a smile on my face... Gordy ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.