Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    155

    Default Please for the love of Tiamat

    Let us grab items from inventory and our banks ( especially the TR bank) in groups. It shouldn't take me 45 minutes to empty my TR bank.

    Grab.....10 seconds..grab...10 seconds...grab....10seconds...Im ready to throw myself of the guild ship.

    My god I can grab 1000 photos off my computer and drag it to another folder in 10 seconds, but I cant grab my gear out of my TR bank more than 1 every 10 seconds?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdmag View Post
    Let us grab items from inventory and our banks ( especially the TR bank) in groups. It shouldn't take me 45 minutes to empty my TR bank.

    Grab.....10 seconds..grab...10 seconds...grab....10seconds...Im ready to throw myself of the guild ship.

    My god I can grab 1000 photos off my computer and drag it to another folder in 10 seconds, but I cant grab my gear out of my TR bank more than 1 every 10 seconds?

    no to easy buttons.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    133

    Default

    The move itself should be easy/fast enough code if each item is just a string of text, decimal, hex, or binary, which it should be (shame if it's not). The slow-down probably comes from a bunch of back-and-forth handshaking checks to confirm the move from the TR bank to inventory or bank. You probably wouldn't want a comm glitch losing that extremely rare named item of penultimate power along with all it's customized crafting and slot stones. The handshaking code probably also makes sure the item is deleted from TR to ensure items don't accidentally get cloned. Finally, there was that whole move from your bank to equipped slots bug that allowed folks to equip items above the toon's level. The check/fix for that probably slows things down a bit too.

    All said and done, and regardless of the real reason for being slow, I also don't know if there is much incentive to speed up the transfer. It seems there is a philosophy of discouraging pack-rats. It also makes inventory another resource to manage and therefore part of the game as well.

    However, I will add my voice to your cause: +1 please fix the TR Bank transfer speed (and maybe add some search, sort, or category function to make finding things easier while you are at it).

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    The move itself should be easy/fast enough code if each item is just a string of text, decimal, hex, or binary, which it should be (shame if it's not). The slow-down probably comes from a bunch of back-and-forth handshaking checks to confirm the move from the TR bank to inventory or bank. You probably wouldn't want a comm glitch losing that extremely rare named item of penultimate power along with all it's customized crafting and slot stones. The handshaking code probably also makes sure the item is deleted from TR to ensure items don't accidentally get cloned. Finally, there was that whole move from your bank to equipped slots bug that allowed folks to equip items above the toon's level. The check/fix for that probably slows things down a bit too.

    All said and done, and regardless of the real reason for being slow, I also don't know if there is much incentive to speed up the transfer. It seems there is a philosophy of discouraging pack-rats. It also makes inventory another resource to manage and therefore part of the game as well.

    However, I will add my voice to your cause: +1 please fix the TR Bank transfer speed (and maybe add some search, sort, or category function to make finding things easier while you are at it).
    Does this explain why emptying your TR Cache gets quicker as less things are in the Cache? It's so annoying, and it's been like this for years. Hopefully... whatever the name of the company that runs this game now is.... gets around to fixing it soon.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Does this explain why emptying your TR Cache gets quicker as less things are in the Cache?
    This is speculation, but if the TR cache is reloaded (or checked in its entirety) for each transfer it's involved in, then it'd make sense that things get faster as the cache gets smaller.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload