Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Results 521 to 534 of 534
  1. #521
    Community Member Kutalp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gates of the Multiverse club
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Random

    There could be

    1) Two (?) normal-elite classic servers.

    2) A Reaper server.

    3) A Hardcore server.

    4) A Sim and pvp server: Three Roles ( Entry fee 1 DDO points after buying the server pack. If you die you need to pay an extra 1 DDO point when you create a new toon. Only for pvp, death at pve action or attacked by pvpers when you travel to get mad rich while trading consumables and collectables between different zones )


    Pvp er

    Entire DDO Wilderness zones turned in to pvp zones. Entry/Re-entry if dead: 1 DDO points. (Level 1 and Bare naked with no items, no epics and instant permadeath) [Tell me more about vets server] Which would also let guilds wars and trade and politics; strictly based on in game roleplay. Monster manuals, slayers and pvp would give DDO points rewards.



    Pvpers could build repair and defend their own settlements at the wilderness. Invade other pvp guild settlements, rob tradesman who travel between safe zones or kidnap for ransom sending tell to the target guild.



    Virtual lifer/farmer

    Towns and similar close areas could be for farming/virtualife sim. (Even areas that only appear at quests) Which would give various collectables and consumables to sell at the AH. Build and maintain settlements and defend against npc attacks and in game timer disasters. Which would let another guild option. Sim players/farmers would not have to pvp but hand in collectables to other players through AH. Auction houses would be local; not global !

    This would let the players update resources and upgrade farms through consumables sold at AH. If the player dies at pve action. Re entry fee is 1 DDO points. Farming, sim action, monster manuals for defending the farm would still give DDO point rewards.

    Quests would not drop collectables and valuables at this server. But would still give exp and items to equip.



    Tradesman

    Third option here would let hitting big rewards from Trade such as Feat reset items. Different types of collectables would be traded only this way. No portals, no teleport, no mail, no fast mounts or vehicles to carry items or bags. Players will carry valubles between zones at their inventory. (Players can still travel with teleport, airships and mounts but can not carry bags or consumables to trade, doing so.) Trade routes would be between peacefull sim areas passing through pvp areas. This part would be extra valuable for both peacefull and agresive play styles. Each zone would have an empty local bank as well as local Auction house. Players can not bank valubles to pull at another zone. Monster manuals, defending your trade caravan vs npc or pc attacks would give DDO point rewards.

    Tradesmen would get bigger rewards, the further they travel and trade at far away Local Auction houses.



    Restrictions would be a player can not be a farmer, craftsman and pvper at the same time. Three different roles. All can trade at the local Auction house. Farmers/Sim characters build, produce and defend their virtual farms at pve action. Tradesman carry goods make big profit over Feat and Skill reset and tome items and Collectables from faraway local AHs sold at another local AH. Pvpers attack eacother or guard or rob the tradesman and would get stronger equipment for pvp purposes.

    Multiboxing and alt running is not allowed.





    TR: You can TR and pick a new role. Or die and restart another toon.




    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWGlFk1zIb0
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-29-2020 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #522
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Just curious - if I start hosting a bunch of Elite LFMs, am I likely going to get Reaper Vets wanting invites and "ruining" the challenge for others, or do most of them stick to Reaper only?

    I'm not bashing Reaper vets, just worried that any attempt to revive Elite LFMs for casual players will turn into "Pro players slumming in the Minors" for laughs, throwing the difficulty off.
    Not a chance, because it would be throwing exp away.

  3. #523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Or they will join and then ask if you can run R1 instead.
    Because R1 is easier then EE, due to reaper points. I have the same argument about R10. It's easier then EE, because we got reaper points..... neither of which are true.

  4. #524
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Not a chance, because it would be throwing exp away.
    Thanks for a straight answer.

  5. #525
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The popular choice in the office pool is legendary reincarnation.

    DDO is less akin to D&D and more akin to 3 tier gestalt at this point. Its about to become 4 tier gestalt.
    Unfortunately already used the LR acronym, so kinda screwed that up. But, maybe they can call it Super Reincarnation, where you get one TR, one RR, and one ER all at once... wait, they'd never do that.

    Coming soon, Otto's Irresistible 40' Container containing 1 Vredefort of Experience.

    I like to think of DDO as Dante's Inferno, where the next hamster level is Greed and the game finally fails when we get to Fraud.

  6. #526
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How will they make money on it then?
    This unimaginative bunch... they won't.

    They could have gone the route of selling cosmetics/housing/decor/etc, but that would have taken a level of creativity unrelated to game play, that was/is beyond Turbine/SSGs evidenced skill set.

    Frankly, can't even do it now because there aren't even enough players left to show off your fancy dining room chandelier made from the bones of Umber Hulks. It would be akin to collecting stamps today.

    You dance with the business model that brung you.

  7. #527
    Community Member glmfw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Just curious - if I start hosting a bunch of Elite LFMs, am I likely going to get Reaper Vets wanting invites and "ruining" the challenge for others, or do most of them stick to Reaper only?
    Most Reaper players (based on my experience) would either ignore the LFM or suggest running it on R1. When you say "no" to the latter group, the ones who still want to join the group tend to be the decent players happy to run without their Reaper trees and contribute well to the party, without detracting from the fun of the less experienced players. You also get people who normally run Reaper happily joining just to run the quests. I've never had Reaper players join my LFMs to cause problems.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

    For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

  8. #528

    Default

    Reaper is the best thing that's happened to DDO, and the reason I came back to the game. I quit in 2014 after raid speed runs and soloing elite raids were the pinnacle of challenge, and the game became boring. With moderate game knowledge, gear and builds, it was impossible to die then. Reaper scaling has provided an upper limit of the game that is truly challenging, especially in raids.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

  9. #529
    Community Member Goalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Normal is dead.
    Hard is dead.
    Elite is that once-in-a-while situational confrontation.
    Reaper is everything.

    Great for new players, I say.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

  10. #530
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    Normal is dead.
    Hard is dead.
    Elite is that once-in-a-while situational confrontation.
    Reaper is everything.

    Great for new players, I say.
    Great to make them quit faster?

  11. #531
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead
    Posts
    6,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Reaper is the best thing that's happened to DDO, and the reason I came back to the game. I quit in 2014 after raid speed runs and soloing elite raids were the pinnacle of challenge, and the game became boring. With moderate game knowledge, gear and builds, it was impossible to die then. Reaper scaling has provided an upper limit of the game that is truly challenging, especially in raids.
    while I agree that the difficulty of reaper is a good thing. I also won't ever back down from my point of the enhancement system being at the heart of it's short comings.

    It was NOT NEEDED. I do believe we should have rewards similar to the favor system, but not 3 trees of more power creep.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

  12. #532
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    Because R1 is easier then EE, due to reaper points. I have the same argument about R10. It's easier then EE, because we got reaper points..... neither of which are true.
    Thats not the argument I'm making however. They will ask to run R1 due to wanting the progression. If they run elite they forego gaining reaper XP at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  13. #533
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    565

    Default

    So basically, everything will be fixed if they remove RXP. Big surprise.

    I would be curious to see a poll for that one :-)

  14. #534
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,309

    Default

    They already made their bed on that one, and slept in it for 2 years.

    This is what happens when grind system after grind system is added in order to entice people to pay to get the power faster. People refuse to forego the progression by running a lesser setting that progression is not awarded in.

    Regular tabletop D&D? Nope, this is gestalt Pathfinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload