Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reaper 10 Tower of Frost

It wasn't pretty , but we got it done..

Last edited by JOTMON; 02-08-2017 at 01:37 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/39 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/48 , RP 95/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/48 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 35/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 30/48 , RP 88/158)

2015 DDO Players Council
    The Legendary Fighter God

This was brutal
    Check out my Twitch Channel
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Congratz! A truly Pyrrhic victory!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    This was brutal
    Probably didn't help with me opening the coin construct ooze rooms.. wasn't even a bonus chest for those rooms...
    I was just oohh.. shinies.... followed by . ding .

Tower of Frost will get easier going forward.. I had opened every door checking things out in my first time trying the quest.
    Many of the rooms have no purpose just mobs and no reward, or the hidden room with junk chest loot.
    Only 1 chest after the Boss endfight (he was a beast runs fast and super large cleave range).
    Not that it matters much even if there were more chests, Loot is sucky, so not much replayability for reward here..

Still unresolved issues with programming from my perspective...

~Fear Reapers~
    Several of unavoidable deaths in the garden.. 2 fear reapers behind the vines in two different locations well out of aggro range were ticking stacking damage ticks..
    Had to kill our way to them, managed to scout them out while we were dead running through the vines to the different spots.. which of course triggered the BS death timer resets..

~Death timer resets~
    If you rebound from your soulstone the death timer resets... stupid mechanic.. please remove this. 1 death timer is bad enough, constant resets if separated from the soulstone is just dumb.

~Dungeon alert~
    these kept popping up when we entered zones, mobs were not even active.. poor programming. I suspect this will cause issues in many quests...

~Trash Mobs hitting for 8k+~
    I feel sorry for any toe to toe melee's that want to play DDO now... they are pretty much screwed.... even tweaked tanks I suspect will be unable to hold more than 1 mobs aggro with dedicated heals.
    The mob damage does not sync up with player capable HP.. just promotes cheese tactics and rez spam attacks..
    Felt like I was throwing my soulstone at mobs in a couple of those champion buffed fights.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 02-08-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Jesus guys I bet that was brutal. Gratz.

165 min and 150+ deaths, I wouldn't have the patience
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Gratz.

Nice to see miss adventure being better at killing stuff than cetus.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

2015 DDO Players Council
    The Legendary Fighter God

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Gratz.

Nice to see miss adventure being better at killing stuff than cetus.
    I claim those as personal kills =D
    Check out my Twitch Channel
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I claim those as personal kills =D
    how charming
    or should I say how oozing

or both??

Grrrrrrats guys.
    Got a video this looks like fun.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Probably didn't help with me opening the coin construct ooze rooms.. wasn't even a bonus chest for those rooms...
    I was just oohh.. shinies.... followed by . ding .

Tower of Frost will get easier going forward.. I had opened every door checking things out in my first time trying the quest.
    Many of the rooms have no purpose just mobs and no reward, or the hidden room with junk chest loot.
    Only 1 chest after the Boss endfight (he was a beast runs fast and super large cleave range).
    Not that it matters much even if there were more chests, Loot is sucky, so not much replayability for reward here..

Still unresolved issues with programming from my perspective...

~Fear Reapers~
    Several of unavoidable deaths in the garden.. 2 fear reapers behind the vines in two different locations well out of aggro range were ticking stacking damage ticks..
    Had to kill our way to them, managed to scout them out while we were dead running through the vines to the different spots.. which of course triggered the BS death timer resets..

~Death timer resets~
    If you rebound from your soulstone the death timer resets... stupid mechanic.. please remove this. 1 death timer is bad enough, constant resets if separated from the soulstone is just dumb.

~Dungeon alert~
    these kept popping up when we entered zones, mobs were not even active.. poor programming. I suspect this will cause issues in many quests...

~Trash Mobs hitting for 8k+~
    I feel sorry for any toe to toe melee's that want to play DDO now... they are pretty much screwed.... even tweaked tanks I suspect will be unable to hold more than 1 mobs aggro with dedicated heals.
    The mob damage does not sync up with player capable HP.. just promotes cheese tactics and rez spam attacks..
    Felt like I was throwing my soulstone at mobs in a couple of those champion buffed fights.
    Sorry for the necro, i got here from a different thread.
    2 years ago we had 10 EE capable endgame melees.
    A year ago my server the amount of capable endgame LE melees could be counted on one hand. Currently there are none at cap, i know 2 still play heroics (racial tr& reaper 2-4), both admitted being disapointed with reaper mode and dread getting back to cap.

Jotmon, how's the sittuation on your server? Any endgame capped melees run high skull reapers consistantly? I mean melees not s&b tanks.
    If so, what are their thoughts on high skull reaper?

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    Sorry for the necro, i got here from a different thread.
    2 years ago we had 10 EE capable endgame melees.
    A year ago my server the amount of capable endgame LE melees could be counted on one hand. Currently there are none at cap, i know 2 still play heroics (racial tr& reaper 2-4), both admitted being disapointed with reaper mode and dread getting back to cap.

Jotmon, how's the sittuation on your server? Any endgame capped melees run high skull reapers consistantly? I mean melees not s&b tanks.
    If so, what are their thoughts on high skull reaper?
    Endgame is pretty stagnant.
    Melee took a heavy hit in Reaper even the S&B tanks saw the end of days, especially forged...
    Its too bad the Melees were sidelined and are stuck waiting for their 'pass' to get fixed up.

Have lost more endgame players for a variety of reasons, hoping some will return with the Ravenloft expansion, but even if they come back they will have fallen behind.
    everyone I run with (that is still playing) have their mains in Racial Reincarnations.

Don't see much for activity in endgame let alone Reaper endgame.
    occasionally see Farwil and Rys breakaway from duo'ing Reaper endgame and group up.. but thats pretty rare.

We ran a bunch of R10's early on before we even had reaper points to spend, most became 'one and done'
    Once the Racial Reincarnations rolled out and the ideal path to gain Reaper XP was laid bare.. endgame died.
    Don't even see our extreme challenge channels throwing stuff up anymore

Community Member

Endgame is pretty stagnant.
    Melee took a heavy hit in Reaper even the S&B tanks saw the end of days, especially forged...
    Its too bad the Melees were sidelined and are stuck waiting for their 'pass' to get fixed up.

Have lost more endgame players for a variety of reasons, hoping some will return with the Ravenloft expansion, but even if they come back they will have fallen behind.
    everyone I run with (that is still playing) have their mains in Racial Reincarnations.

Don't see much for activity in endgame let alone Reaper endgame.
    occasionally see Farwil and Rys breakaway from duo'ing Reaper endgame and group up.. but thats pretty rare.

We ran a bunch of R10's early on before we even had reaper points to spend, most became 'one and done'
    Once the Racial Reincarnations rolled out and the ideal path to gain Reaper XP was laid bare.. endgame died.
    Don't even see our extreme challenge channels throwing stuff up anymore
    Curious.
    Are all those endgame people in the racial tr cycle?
    Over here i barely see them anymore. I was hoping they were on some unknown alts but according to some of their guildies a great many of them simply stopped logging in altogether.

Curious.
    Are all those endgame people in the racial tr cycle?
    Over here i barely see them anymore. I was hoping they were on some unknown alts but according to some of their guildies a great many of them simply stopped logging in altogether.
    I guess some of us still have hope that endgame will develop in expectation of players finishing Racial reincarnations..
    The Reincarnation perks are nice and the kind of thing the hardcore players would grind..
    Introducing the system did buy the Dev's about of year of development time but reincarnations are still only a means to an end..

Community Member

I guess some of us still have hope that endgame will develop in expectation of players finishing Racial reincarnations..
    The Reincarnation perks are nice and the kind of thing the hardcore players would grind..
    Introducing the system did buy the Dev's about of year of development time but reincarnations are still only a means to an end..
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was just wondering if the trend i'm seeing( less people in general logging in) is hapening on other servers too. i'm missing a lot of end game hardcore players at this point
    I'm wondering if the devs sollution to stall the players won' backfire on them.

Community Manager

I am still totally jealous of that video setup.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member Retired_Old_Gamer's Avatar
    Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

The mob damage does not sync up with player capable HP.. just promotes cheese tactics .

Gratz.

Here's where SSg went wrong with reaper. End-game should not be cheese tactics w/ a warning sign @ toe to toe melees

Impressed that our players stuck through the quagmire for a comp. NOT impressed w/ reaper as end-game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am still totally jealous of that video setup.
    i'm sad to hear that, many software dev's i know all use multi display setups, even many high end gamers i know of use multiple displays.

Even 4k displays are becoming the norm in high end gaming, Doom(2016), Conan exiles, many space sims, even a sega approved fan made 2D game that recently came out supports 4k and they all look amazing in said 4k
    Your reaction explains why i need to bend over to read the tiny text in ddo sometimes.
    Isn't there a single dev there using multiple screens or play in 4k?

i'm sad to hear that, many software dev's i know all use multi display setups, even many high end gamers i know of use multiple displays.

Even 4k displays are becoming the norm in high end gaming, Doom(2016), Conan exiles, many space sims, even a sega approved fan made 2D game that recently came out supports 4k and they all look amazing in said 4k
    Your reaction explains why i need to bend over to read the tiny text in ddo sometimes.
    Devs have commented in the past they'd love for the UI to work with scaling but it's a large project on an old engine. Given the sinking costs and screen real estate of hi rez monitors, I'd be surprised at people who code in less than 2560x1440.
    Happy 14th DDO.

Community Member

Is that one large monitor or multiple monitor's? If multiple how do you span DDO across all monitors?

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

To be fair, 1) Cordovan isn't a software dev, he's customer service and does exactly zero coding; and 2) what any of the devs may or may not use at work, has no bearing on what they may have access to at *home*. It's possible to have a sweet, sweet setup at work... and still be envious because at home you're stuck with a 7-year-old system because you can't really justify paying to upgrade it when you have kids and a mortgage and it still works just fine, or simply because the SO will get grumpy if you take up that much of the dining room with multiple monitors *g*
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast