Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

You are right unbongwah. I found the error in my math. The math should look like this: 3*(n/3)*(1-n/3)^2+(n/3)^2*(1-n/3)*2*3+(n/3)^3*3 which gives n. I am sorry i am such a hard head. Thanks for educating me.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    It is drawn from ammo. I individually clicked each volley 200x. At then end I had expended 625 bolts from a stack of 1000. I also watched the ammo in my inventory slot. I saw it go down by 4 on those shots where DS procced.

Emphasis

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid_103 View Post
    Shot testing with a full ammo load may actually mask the Doubleshots mechanics due to the rate at which shots are being fired...

Only way to know is to limit your ammo to "1" and throw at a target... Should the doubleshot refuse to proc despite repeated attempts, then yes, its ammo dependant. Otherwise, should it fire without ammo then this would be very evident in the combat log.
    100% incorrect. You do not have to hold down autoattck. If you just patiently click each throw/shot 100 times for 100 seconds you will see it clearly for yourself.

It's much easier to see with Shuriken because if you just use a low level burner character to test which throws slowly then you will be able to see exactly what's happening.

[QUOTE=Invalid_103;5926961]This build makes use of the Arcane Archer (AA) enhancement tree to add an absurd amount of Force or Lightning Damage to each Repeater bolt fired. (Yes, all three) The extra AA damage can be further scaled via the addition of Spell-Power. Which is very easily obtained from gear, boosts and pots. In a similar (previous) build using a rogue-16 / artificer-4, I was able to reach 400 Spell-Power easily. That's 4 x Elemental damage, that can also Crit (Improved Elemental Arrows) for whatever crit-multi your current at! Elemental damage of 200-600 per bolt isn't hard to get. Now with crits, this could get 3 to 5 times that amount, on top of the weapons base damage! Now while being primarily a ranged-repeater build, it still has access to the full Artificer spell line with healthy spell DC's. (Intel based build)

Note: A bow will have to be swapped in while selecting the desired elemental / force damage. After that, swap back and pew-pew as you would normally.

***Begin Reply***

An interesting thread after reading through all of the postings.
    My question relates specifically to the original post and I seek confirmation/clarification on the following point.

Q: Does Arcane Archer Elemental Arrows actually contribute elemental damage to crossbow bolts currently in game?

***End Reply***

Community Member

[QUOTE=pyrus566;5971840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Invalid_103 View Post
    This build makes use of the Arcane Archer (AA) enhancement tree to add an absurd amount of Force or Lightning Damage to each Repeater bolt fired. (Yes, all three) The extra AA damage can be further scaled via the addition of Spell-Power. Which is very easily obtained from gear, boosts and pots. In a similar (previous) build using a rogue-16 / artificer-4, I was able to reach 400 Spell-Power easily. That's 4 x Elemental damage, that can also Crit (Improved Elemental Arrows) for whatever crit-multi your current at! Elemental damage of 200-600 per bolt isn't hard to get. Now with crits, this could get 3 to 5 times that amount, on top of the weapons base damage! Now while being primarily a ranged-repeater build, it still has access to the full Artificer spell line with healthy spell DC's. (Intel based build)

Note: A bow will have to be swapped in while selecting the desired elemental / force damage. After that, swap back and pew-pew as you would normally.

***Begin Reply***

An interesting thread after reading through all of the postings.
    My question relates specifically to the original post and I seek confirmation/clarification on the following point.

Q: Does Arcane Archer Elemental Arrows actually contribute elemental damage to crossbow bolts currently in game?

***End Reply***
    No and yes. You cannot switch it on with a crossbow equipped but if you switch to bow and then turn it on and switch back to crossbow the effect will linger. So yes you can use it with crossbows but it is not WAI and some might consider it cheating.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

[QUOTE=Ultinoob;5971843]
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrus566 View Post
    No and yes. You cannot switch it on with a crossbow equipped but if you switch to bow and then turn it on and switch back to crossbow the effect will linger. So yes you can use it with crossbows but it is not WAI and some might consider it cheating.

For the sake of clarity the following works in the current game;

(1) Take Arcane Archer Elemental Arrows enhancement
    (2) Equip a bow
    (3) Activate Elemental Arrows enhancement and pay with spell point deduction
    (4) Equip a crossbow
    (5) Fire crossbow and this now includes Arcane Archer Elemental Arrows damage for each crossbow bolt fired
    (6) Arcane Archer Elemental Arrows damage addition, the effect, to crossbow bolts lasts as long as the crossbow is equipped and this is the "linger" you describe.

Is this correct?

Community Member

Yes. that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Yes. that is correct
    Thank you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyrus566

As previously answered by another, yes.

However I've noticed that while many mobs may resist the base repeater damage, they rarely resist the elemental / force imbue. Just a little something to consider for both Reaper and Epics.
    Last edited by Invalid_103; 05-06-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    FYI, the +20% Doubleshot in the AA capstone is a generic bonus which applies to any ranged / thrown weapon; whereas Shadow Arrows bonuses only apply to bows. So something like 14 HE / 41 AA / 14 Harper / 11 BE should see a nice boost to ranged DPS; the main downside being losing Endless Fusilade.

My approach was different: focus on AT with a more modest investment in AA for 5d8 imbues. Like I said in that thread, I was underwhelmed by my results, but admittedly I didn't even make it to epics with that toon, so it didn't reach its full potential.
    Problem here as i see it is that you weren't focused solely on Ranged. Rather you tried to play both Caster and Ranged dps simultaneously. Granted we need to max the spell power for the best possible imbues but beyond that, everything needs to be focued on Ranged damage. (gearing up correctly helps)

Side note: I tyipically play the IPS active and auto-targeting set to off. After which i deliberately target "myself" and then just use the mouse reticle to control the targeting. With this I've found that i can better control the IPS without having to target the furthest mob. The IPS just sorta mows down eveything beyond my line of sight. At most I'd toss a lightning sphere should mobs het too close but thats about it for offensive spells.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123