Default Avatar of Nature Question

Does the 71d20 base damage of a fully grown tree become 142d20 with deadly weapons? (since it adds +1W... which doubles the base of whatever weapon you have)... ?

Community Member

No.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonedream View Post
    Does the 71d20 base damage of a fully grown tree become 142d20 with deadly weapons? (since it adds +1W... which doubles the base of whatever weapon you have)... ?
    I don't think Deadly Weapons carries over to tree form; neither do +[W] bonuses from weapons, IIRC. But even if it did, you're misparsing the DPS math. Your base dmg isn't [71d20] it's 71[1d20]; i.e., the "W" in this case is [1d20]. So even if DW does work, it becomes...72[1d20]. Which I trust you realize is a lot less impressive.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 01-13-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Thanks for the info!

I was considering what to do with my 8th artificer.. .running out of ideas... Avaficer sounds like a big messy no no, but for a second I was wondering if maybe there could be a reason for it. I think I would make one if I could get 140d20 tree stomps from it.. I would dub it... the metal tree from hell!!!

Oh well, so much for the metallic tree freak of nature idea :P

I think I ended up going with pure arti Crusader on a Gnome for optimal range on crits..

Thanks!