Thread: Sorc/Pal EK

Default Sorc/Pal EK

Trying to decide on the optimal split for this, both in terms of class split and enhancementsRight now I'm sitting at 11/4, 40 points spent in EK (41 when I hit 12 sorc for the 12core), 9 in Knight of the Chalice (Clave), 4 in Earth Savant, and 4 in Warforged.I don't plan to spend any more in the EK tree, was thinking to spend the rest in Earth with maybe a few more in Warforged to pick up the 2h enhancements, I can't see Paladin Enhancements being of much more utility.Going 6 paladin only really gets me the 6core in KoC, for free ghost touch and a bit more light damage, I'm not sure that's worth losing 2 levels in Sorc.Playstyle is basically to drop an Acid Rain and cleave away inside it.
    Dielz on the Cannith Server
    Alts: Dielzen, Veldruk, Faska, and numerous others

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

6 pally will improve your salves if you have a high CHR.. Divine Grace is capped at 2+(3*paladin level)

It would also allow you to go in to T5 Pall tree if you wanted...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    Trying to decide on the optimal split for this, both in terms of class split and enhancementsRight now I'm sitting at 11/4, 40 points spent in EK (41 when I hit 12 sorc for the 12core), 9 in Knight of the Chalice (Clave), 4 in Earth Savant, and 4 in Warforged.I don't plan to spend any more in the EK tree, was thinking to spend the rest in Earth with maybe a few more in Warforged to pick up the 2h enhancements, I can't see Paladin Enhancements being of much more utility.Going 6 paladin only really gets me the 6core in KoC, for free ghost touch and a bit more light damage, I'm not sure that's worth losing 2 levels in Sorc.Playstyle is basically to drop an Acid Rain and cleave away inside it.
    18/2 is the classic breakdown, which definitely worked in old school D&D, but now you have to ask yourself if +8 saves and a defensive aura are totally worth it. Myself, I go Sword and Board on such builds because if things get hairy you can just turtle. I don't typically play Warforged though as they are hideous to my eyes. I prefer elf here as you can pretty easily fit heavy armor fairly early. Skyvault shield is my go to for a nice shield for asf, but there are others.

Are you doing two handed?

I have also waffled on trying this with a PDK because then at least my weapon damage would be good.

Nonetheless, I am not totally sold on using this breakdown at all these days despite being perhaps my favourite breakdown in Neverwinter Nights.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    6 pally will improve your salves if you have a high CHR.. Divine Grace is capped at 2+(3*paladin level)

It would also allow you to go in to T5 Pall tree if you wanted...
    6 pally also grants another deity feat.

Can take 1 fighter level for extra feat, haste boost and extra action boost, the rest of the levels into sorcerer for more spellpoints and 2 lvl 7 spells that could be delayed blast and prismatic spray. (15sor/4pal/1ftr)

Default Sorc/Pal

I know not the route you went but you can go the other way with that combo. I have a Paladin 15/ Sorcerer 5 Bladeforged character. Holy Sword + Zeal + Tier 5s from Eldritch Knight. +4 alchemical strength from Perma Tenser's, +6 sacred strength from greater sacred defense, +4 profane strength from Bladesworn Transformation for about 2 minutes at a time, + Divine Might, makes for some easy strength buffing for stuns and damage. You can build for Sword and Board or TWF, though I went SnB. Eldritch shield is actually pretty nice in higher levels, especially when combined with a vampiric weapon. You can easily get 70% shield bash proc chance. There is so much potential in the build, the problem is not enough AP to get it all, I'm sure that some guys could find out the optimal config for this by doing some number crunching. TWF is probably easier on the AP, but there is so much for a shield in there.
    Last edited by Xiongrey; 01-07-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: forgot about bladesworn tranformation.

Community Member

So with the new Eldritch Knight pass I'm wondering what is the best splt for this now.

I'm Currently running a Sorc 10 / Pally 2 but I'm at a loss as to where to make the split. Was thinking Sorc12 for the Spellsword D8 or Sorc15 for the Fourth Spellsword Dice? It appears that to remain viable in Melee you have to take the EK T5 for the Crit Range and Multiplier enhancements which unfortunately cuts out the avenging cleave from KotC but so far the Arcane Siphon and Eldritch blast have been so effective I haven't struggled clearing large groups of mobs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    6 pally also grants another deity feat.
    oh damn, I'm running a PDK so could go Silvanus with this!?!? Respec to Maul here I come...