View Poll Results: Which monster would you like to see next in DDO?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goblins

150 67.26%
  • Shambling Mounds

35 15.70%
  • Flameskulls

27 12.11%
  • Shield Guardians

11 4.93%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

don't necro 1 year old polls please, that may be missleading
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

GOBLINS all the way!

Goblins are all we want :P.

If we were to add goblins, than we need to keep them at low level. A goblin has always been knows as a weak monster, so we need to keep it like that. Max level for goblins i would say 5.

I think goblins will work well in the steam tunnels in the Marketplace.
    ~Started Playing DDO - 6th June 2011 (Joined Forums In 2014)
    ~Guild - The Matrix (Orien)
    ~What Class I Play - Mainly DPS toons
    ~Youtube (Fansite) -
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonPitney

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BandVP View Post
    GOBLINS all the way!

Goblins are all we want :P.

If we were to add goblins, than we need to keep them at low level. A goblin has always been knows as a weak monster, so we need to keep it like that. Max level for goblins i would say 5.

I think goblins will work well in the steam tunnels in the Marketplace.
    Great idea, but I doubt that they would like changing old content to include goblins.

I agree that Steam Tunnels would really be a great place for goblins instead of kobolds. Snce the whole Shan-To-Kor pack is about hobgoblins, maybe goblins as their lesser kin could be sharing their living space instead of kobolds. Kobolds already infest the whole Harbor.

http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin

"Goblins are a simple race of small and numerous goblinoids common throughout Eberron often living in underground caverns near the surface known as lairs. The race is often, though not always, dominated by other goblinoids, most commonly hobgoblins."

Both the Steam Tunnels area and Shan-To-Kor quests could be changed to feature goblins instead of kobolds. There are some dungeon master voiceovers that would need to be changed too ("Kobolds ahead" warning in one quest).

With the Shan-To-Kor named loot pass, this would be a nice refreshing of the old content.

I'd like to see some of the original classic monsters like the Otyughs, Rocs, and water weirds

and Goblins definitely
    **Kurgen Luvs U**

This thread is from DECEMBER!

So WHERE ARE THE GOBLINS Devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Similar to our last effort along these lines, this is more speculative than formal, in that none of these may end up happening for various reasons. That said, we were talking recently about which monster we might want to next bring to DDO, and figured it would be good to get your thoughts on it. You can only vote for one.
    Goblins

Ropers, Nightwing, Nightwalker, Nightmare, Hydra, Kyton, Ice Devil, Barbed Devil, Bone Devil, Lemure, all the misisng monstrous Vermin, Camels for Menechtarum... just because. Ah yes, screw Goblins, can't distinguish them from Gnomes and Halflings anyway....
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

It's nice to see some of these past poll results come to life in the new content, along with things that were never really discussed publicly.

Please keep the new additions coming!
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Kenku as long as when you find the cavern in the under dark they chant Doom! Doom! Doom!

Goblins should have been the first monster ever implemented in DDO. Seriously. We're talking bread and butter here.

Cool

Goblins - But please don't do what you did with Kobolds - they should only be for low levels imho.
    If you need higher level mobs bring in different races there are tons still to choose from. Do not make a rock hard Goblin as they really are not !
    Pom may refer to: An alternative word for the British /Polyoxymethylene, a common plastic polymer / Pompom, a decorative ball / Baby Pom, the youngest of the Fimbles /Puddle of Mudd, an American hard rock band

-Looks at Results-

-Notices the Flameskulls (3rd) in Ravenloft, still no sign of Goblins (first by a huge margin)-

...Nothing to see here
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Quote Originally Posted by Tom116 View Post
    -Looks at Results-

-Notices the Flameskulls (3rd) in Ravenloft, still no sign of Goblins (first by a huge margin)-

...Nothing to see here
    Goblins must appear in the near future. That is all.

Goblins, thousands of them Mr Cordo! (misquote but you get the drift)
    TYRS PALADIUM.....Officer. If you think there must be more to the game than pugging, come on and joinTYRS! Willibold Fighter/Wilibold monk /Tooflower monkftr/rogue /Hesteban fvs /Machiavehli druid/ Commabayou bard /Greenbolts ranger/Dramoh arti /Dragbat bard /Covemonster Paladin/A Pherzackerly wizard/Asimovsbayne barb/Pardoner/Cottelettedporc cleric/ftr /

Community Member

Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonique View Post
    Goblins, thousands of them Mr Cordo! (misquote but you get the drift)
    Only if the Devs finally put Climb as a skill, so the players have to climb over the mountains of corpses they leave. Killing thousands of goblins is fun and games, but at some moment you might be surrounded by so many corpses, if you don't climb you'll die of isolation!

Community Member

I vote for Shambling Mound.

Well, a year and a half after the poll, we actually have the #2 choice (shambling mounds) and #3 choice (flameskulls). However we still don't have the overwhelming #1 choice (goblins).

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

It seems to me that kobalds have taken the place of goblins. I know the poll is closed, but had to pass my thoughts along.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567