View Poll Results: Which monster would you like to see next in DDO?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goblins

150 67.26%
  • Shambling Mounds

35 15.70%
  • Flameskulls

27 12.11%
  • Shield Guardians

11 4.93%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Goblins if I have to choose. I guess.

I voted for goblins in the poll, but would much rather have Legendary / Epic worthy monsters like Githyanki or Githerzai rather than Legendary Goblins. Goblins are iconic DND and they should be in the game, but they don't really add much since they are mostly interchangeable with kobolds in terms of what they bring to a quest design.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

The problem with low level goblins is that is that it would break Eberron lore due to them having been eradicated and a licensing agreement means we can't have low level quests in the Forgotten Realms, no?

Edit: Regardless, NO RESKINS!
    Last edited by Gotoyoursafeplace; 12-07-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Tough to decide, but definitely a no to Shambling Mounds. Never liked fighting plants. Goblins seemed to me like an obvious choice and, imo, overdue. Shield Guardians sounded cool and could easily envision some potential quests and storylines, but I went with Flameskull because I think they would look really cool.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Tough to decide, but definitely a no to Shambling Mounds. Never liked fighting plants. Goblins seemed to me like an obvious choice and, imo, overdue. Shield Guardians sounded cool and could easily envision some potential quests and storylines, but I went with Flameskull because I think they would look really cool.
    Not to derail, but if it makes a difference, Shambling Mounds should really be more like Woodwoads: solitary or small group minibosses, or random encounters. We shouldn't be fighting hordes of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Goblins! Goblins should have been in the game years ago.

If you think of adding others please take Carrion Crawlers, Displacer Beasts, and Bulette under consideration.
    Yes, yes, and yes!

I went with goblin but secretly casts write in votes for Displacer Beasts and Bullete lol
    Proud Officer of Reaper Casual

Mystwalker-Pathwalker-Totemwalker-Skinwalker-Spiritwalker

Spear-wielding goblins! And introduce spears for players!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

I would like to see Invisible Stalkers. *bad-dum-tish*
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Spear-wielding goblins! And introduce spears for players!
    Spears for 2 handers, poinards for single handed?
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Goblins are too iconic not to pick and I've asked for them for 9 years. Even though game content wise I'd prefer epic/legendary level fiends, angels, super-titan's, deities and demigods type choices. Shambling Mound probably a secondary pick from this list.
    Last edited by Gratch; 12-07-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

Shambling Mounds FOREVER

Community Member

Goblins for sure but the should have iconic low level quest for them :3
    Plush is a monster that can be used in many adventures often used from stronger evil character to do there evil work xD

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DougGlyndwyr View Post
    I would like to see Invisible Stalkers. *bad-dum-tish*
    Technically already in the game. And you can see them if you have True Seeing. But I like where your head's at...

Community Member

I picked Goblins also. Love those little bastards. I'd also like to CHIME in and ask for quests that are lvl 10 base that aren't the 9-12 quests from the Threnal chain. I get Tempest Spine, Vault, and occasionally Restless Isles, but that just doesn't cut it all the time. I hold over before taking 12 but even 9's are sparse. Not complaining, just chiming in.

Default centaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Similar to our last effort along these lines, this is more speculative than formal, in that none of these may end up happening for various reasons. That said, we were talking recently about which monster we might want to next bring to DDO, and figured it would be good to get your thoughts on it. You can only vote for one.
    Centaurs would be nice.

How about Tarrasque. Always encountered as a Purple Named Champion on Reaper 10 skulls, whether in Reaper or not.

Greetings!

While it initially sounds amazing to reminisce and remember all of the great PnP adventures had in times past, please say no to Kobolds 2.0

Just imagine all the new level 32 quests, all having goblins...like the kobold excess in all the recent updates... #NeverGoblins

Frang

Quote Originally Posted by Gotoyoursafeplace View Post
    The problem with low level goblins is that is that it would break Eberron lore due to them having been eradicated and a licensing agreement means we can't have low level quests in the Forgotten Realms, no?

Edit: Regardless, NO RESKINS!
    Interesting... Join date: Nov 2016, Posts:1
    Some Devs in disguise?

Nevertheless: Goblins of course...
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

D&D without Goblins is like D&D without Kobolds.
    Oh for the love of little green tomatoes...

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Default Really?

You all need a poll for this?

Fighting plants are lame. Constructs aren't much better. Flaming skulls would be kinda cool, but not nearly as much as goblins.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast