Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cannith crafted weapons

I posted a little while ago about a lvl22 bow I had crafted and it turned into a lvl 1 bow bound to character. Well, it just happened again, this time with a rapier. I made the weapon, (sonic, keen, insight deadly) then logged to another toon to put an augment in the bank and saw that it had turned into a lvl 14 rapier with no red slot and a +0 for insight deadly. I will bet if I log in tomorrow, it will be a lvl 1 useless piece. I spend quite a bit of money on this game but I think I'm gonna take a break or find something else.

i feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenir View Post
    I posted a little while ago about a lvl22 bow I had crafted and it turned into a lvl 1 bow bound to character. Well, it just happened again, this time with a rapier. I made the weapon, (sonic, keen, insight deadly) then logged to another toon to put an augment in the bank and saw that it had turned into a lvl 14 rapier with no red slot and a +0 for insight deadly. I will bet if I log in tomorrow, it will be a lvl 1 useless piece. I spend quite a bit of money on this game but I think I'm gonna take a break or find something else.
    So were these old loot items you made into blanks crafted on? I've seen similar shenanigans, but they were always on old items. It's like they didn't test the new crafting on old feather of sun generated loot items. I have a suspicion his log in auto level correct code is still lurking around. Waiting to trash people's stuff, if they haven't logged in since his loot changes.

Default Hmm

Saw your initial post a week or two ago, and was worried about crafting some weapons. I did craft them though, and have not as of yet had any issues. I hope you are able to get yours resolved.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Let's try to narrow this bug down.

So far the common denominator is ranged weapons. Anyone have this happen on a melee weapon? Is there any enchantment in common with all of them? Did all the weapons that zeroed out on their own have augment slots? Were they ALL enchanted with prefix/suffix and extra effect? Do you know if the base item was relatively new loot or possibly very old loot?

Just saw rapier, sorry I am eating dinner, so its melee and ranged... so we are left with a possible bugged enchantment or possible bugged base item.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 11-29-2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: reading failure on my part
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I guess what they have in common is they both had red slots, I crafted keen and insightful deadly on both of them. The bow was something I had sitting in the bank, the rapier I bought off the AH. I have crafted many belts, helms, and other gear with no problems, only weapons. Thanks for any help.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Ive crafted few weapons and havent had your issue yet, only thing you used that i didnt is keen. I dont know if thats the issue, have to see if anyone has a crafted keen thats working.

Just logged on a few minutes ago and now it has no min lvl but still has insightful deadly +0 and sonic damage.

Yesterday:
    Today:

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Let's try to narrow this bug down.

So far the common denominator is ranged weapons. Anyone have this happen on a melee weapon? Is there any enchantment in common with all of them? Did all the weapons that zeroed out on their own have augment slots? Were they ALL enchanted with prefix/suffix and extra effect? Do you know if the base item was relatively new loot or possibly very old loot?

Just saw rapier, sorry I am eating dinner, so its melee and ranged... so we are left with a possible bugged enchantment or possible bugged base item.
    I throw my rapiers at people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/jobus1221/
    YouTube Channel

Community Member

If it's a paragon weapon it's not Cannith crafted just saying that feature is gone
    Main Characters: Korkoch the Cruel, Sylhuetta Sidhe...Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    If it's a paragon weapon it's not Cannith crafted just saying that feature is gone
    I could be wrong but I think the screenshot is him highlighting the bugged crafted rapier in his inventory and of course the game also shows the details of the one he has currently equipped for comparison, and the equipped one is obviously old random loot as it is also race restricted so I think you aren't looking at examination screen he intended.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the screenshot is him highlighting the bugged crafted rapier in his inventory and of course the game also shows the details of the one he has currently equipped for comparison, and the equipped one is obviously old random loot as it is also race restricted so I think you aren't looking at examination screen he intended.
    Just making the statement it wasn't crafted originally as was stated. Nor is the second one as it does not say ML 1.
    I call photoshop. That or old random bugged loot.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 11-30-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Main Characters: Korkoch the Cruel, Sylhuetta Sidhe...Thelanis

Why would I be photoshopping it? I was posting the pics to show how the rapier changed from different log-ins. Pay attention to the rapier, not the equipped weapon.

Strange, all My crafted stuff is bound to account.

Between my case and yours 'keen' was common. I had a red slotted good of keen repeater and as soon as I relogged it blanked as a min level 4 instead of 1, the second it was totally blank.

My current which is a good of pierce red slot repeater has been working for two weeks.

Could well be it has something to do with non-scaling effects and not necessary ranged weapons? We already know that minimum levels don't work correctly with the scaling effects.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

I guess because this hasn't happened to a lot of people (even though its happened to me twice) it's just going to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenir View Post
    I guess because this hasn't happened to a lot of people (even though its happened to me twice) it's just going to be ignored.
    I think I have the necessary collectibles, I'll try crafting Keen on two weapons one with/one without an augment slot and see if anything happens to one or both of them and if so I'll send in a bug report. And post here. That's really all we as players can do, after that the ball is in Turbine's court as to whether or not they can or want to do anything about the issue.

Default Okay definitely Keen is bugged, possibly more.

Alright so I logged on and bought two cheap weapons of the AH, a Heavy Pick and a Bastard Sword with an Augment slot. I disjuncted the Pick, the bastard sword was already set for crafting. I checked to make sure I had plenty of the necessary collectibles for Keen and made two Keen shards. I used two Minimum level 29 shards I had already from leveling in crafting. So far so good. I added Masterful to both to open the extra slot. Then added Keen to both. Now I immediately noticed an issue. Keen does NOT show up in the weapon's name nor in its details/description but it did affect the critical threat range and the Cannith Crafting - Suffix Slot had disappeared. So Keen worked in so far as critical threat range was affected but clearly something screwy or less than polished was already happening.

Then I did what the OP did. I logged off. I logged on another character, but that was probably unnecessary, I got her mail. Then logged off and back on to my crafter. The Heavy Pick was fine still BTA, still had extra slot, still had Keen affecting the critical threat range but missing from item name and details... HOWEVER the Bastard Sword was minimum level 22, BTC, with absolutely NOTHING on it whatsoever. It was no longer setup for crafting, it no longer had the extended critical threat range, the augment slot was gone, it didn't even have an enhancement bonus so I have no idea why it had any minimum level at all. I logged off and back on again and sure enough it is now a completely blank BTC bastard sword with nothing on it and no minimum level. Keen is misbehaving when added to a weapon with either an augment slot alone or both augment and extra slot, however I will not waste more ingredients to test this further. Others are welcome to make the effort.

I submitted a bug report very close to what I typed here. It should be incredibly easy to reproduce this issue. Probably an order of magnitude more difficult to fix however.

I could include screenshots if anyone wants them but they would just be item detail screens which really won't say much more than what I've typed here.

Community Manager

Thank you Aelonwy and the OP for bringing this to our attention. We'll have to dig into what's going on.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast