View Poll Results: Should Mari Mosshand be brought back to give out free bags?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She was the best!

22 100.00%
  • No, Baudry and Fitzpat do an adequate job...mostly.

0 0%
  • There are free bags available from someone?

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Re-Hire Mari Mosshand and Fire Baudry and Fitzpat

So are Baudry and Fitzpat simply incompetent or are they scamming the Coin Lords? For at least the 3rd time now, when my newly created Vet 1 or Vet 2 toons go and seek out their free small red and blue bags from these charlatans, they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. "Free bags? What free bags?"

I've not had this problem with new non-vet toons coming freshly off the boat from Korthos, just the ones with Vet status.

Never had this problem with Mari Mosshand. And if I ever actually lost my bags, she'd get me new ones (in theory, as I've never lost a free bag, myself). What were the Coin Lords thinking when they fired her and hired those other two scoundrels? Probably that they'd save some coin by farming out her livelihood. Penny-wise, pound-foolish and all that.

Citizens of Stormreach, unite! Demand that Mari be given her old job back and that the two miscreants be sacked for not doing their job properly. Seems they're just focused on their issues and ignore the plight of new Vet status toons. GIVE US OUR FREE BAGS, OR GIVE US DEATH!

...Wait! That's not quite right. GIVE US OUR FREE BAGS OR GIVE US OTHER, LARGER FREE BAGS!!!

Yeah, I like that much better.

Seriously - anyone else not getting their free bags? I've got at least 3 toons missing them (and, yes, they've talked to Baudry and Fitzpat - nicht beuno).
    Last edited by ComicRelief; 10-31-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Demand that Mari be given her old job back

Mari was the best. Bring her back.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Yalthoon didn't get her, did he? I don't recall exactly when she went away. I know he got Misty, the previous Token of the Twelve vendor.

What were the Coin Lords thinking when they fired her and hired those other two scoundrels? Probably that they'd save some coin by farming out her livelihood. Penny-wise, pound-fooish and all that.
    Probably to reduce their cost, so that whoever is at the top can make even more plat that they'd never be able to spend in their lifetime anyways. If you beg and plead, you might get your free bag, but they still don't have to give bags to tons of other people unless they complain too. Anything they can do to make it difficult to pay up is to their benefit because they know some number of people will just not bother to fight for it. Kind of like health insurance companies in RL.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Community Member

Mari made our lives so much easier. One stop to get the bags. Now you have to run here, run there, run everywhere, and if you don't know better, you are running quests watching your inventory fill up with stuff and not having anywhere to put it.

Mari should be reinstated in a nice shady comfortable place, right where you land in Stormreach from Korthos.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    Probably to reduce their cost, so that whoever is at the top can make even more plat that they'd never be able to spend in their lifetime anyways. If you beg and plead, you might get your free bag, but they still don't have to give bags to tons of other people unless they complain too. Anything they can do to make it difficult to pay up is to their benefit because they know some number of people will just not bother to fight for it. Kind of like health insurance companies in RL.
    Due to the rising costs of OlladraCare, the Coin Lords laid off Mari and outsourced her job to foreigners.

#MakeStormreachGreatAgain
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Default Muhahahah

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Due to the rising costs of OlladraCare, the Coin Lords laid off Mari and outsourced her job to foreigners.

Muhahhahah I almost swallowed my candy before chewing, I was laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post

Oh sure, because hobs and kobs are ok when they unload crates in the Harbor or trim the vegetation of your fancy apartments in Tanner's Lane, but god forbid if we let them hang out in taverns with our kids - what do you think they'll do, eat them?!
    So much hate against our non-human fellow Stormreachers...

#StrongerTogether

Seriously - anyone else not getting their free bags? I've got at least 3 toons missing them (and, yes, they've talked to Baudry and Fitzpat - nicht beuno).
    hi comicrelief, yes, it has happened to me a number of times, but I am not sure what causes it... it happened on a few characters that I made a while ago and decided to recently start playing them.

I thought that it might be caused by having an existing large collectables and/or gem bag in that character's backpack before you talk to them? ((I had purchased some collectable bags from the ddo store on some characters when they went on sale, before I even started playing the character))

but since you mention this happening only on veteran characters newly created, I do not think that is it. I will try testing some things out to see if I can get some consistency in this issue. I have bug reported it several times.

for me, usually, what happened was that Baudry would neglect to give me the small collectables bag, but Fitzpat WOULD give me the small gem bag. I think there was one time though that I was not able to get both.

In the same vein as having one of the old ing bags and then going to the Twelve to collect another, but oops, it's exclusive, so no soup...errm bag for you!

I do miss having Mari around though, it was a much smoother process having those two bag functions consolidated.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

Or, Turbine can do the right thing, remove the need for you ask any NPC for starter small bags and just put them in your inventory automatically when the character loads into the game for the first time. That would just make too much sense though :P

Default Not By Having Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    hi comicrelief, yes, it has happened to me a number of times, but I am not sure what causes it... it happened on a few characters that I made a while ago and decided to recently start playing them.

I thought that it might be caused by having an existing large collectables and/or gem bag in that character's backpack before you talk to them? ((I had purchased some collectable bags from the ddo store on some characters when they went on sale, before I even started playing the character))

but since you mention this happening only on veteran characters newly created, I do not think that is it. I will try testing some things out to see if I can get some consistency in this issue. I have bug reported it several times.

for me, usually, what happened was that Baudry would neglect to give me the small collectables bag, but Fitzpat WOULD give me the small gem bag. I think there was one time though that I was not able to get both.
    Well, I can confirm it is not caused by having bags in your inventory before talking with them. They are usually my first stop once reaching Stormreach, and I have no bags in my inventory. Interesting that you sometimes get one, but not the other - I've never had that happen. I too have bugged it.

As far as Vet characters, that's the only time I recall it happening. But hey, my sample size is pretty small.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Default Different Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    In the same vein as having one of the old ing bags and then going to the Twelve to collect another, but oops, it's exclusive, so no soup...errm bag for you!

I do miss having Mari around though, it was a much smoother process having those two bag functions consolidated.
    Actually, for the green bags, which are handled by 'others', the free one you get from the Cannith Crafting Tutorial 'someones' is a "tiny" one. The one you still get free from the Twelve patron (with 'zero' favor) is the "small," exclusive one, which is also available from vendors. (But why buy one when you can get one free, just by visiting the Twelve representative?). And of course you can get a free large green bag from the Twelve rep, once you hit enough favor (or is it run a certain quest??).

And I'm pretty sure Mari never did give out the free green one (though "why not?" has always been the question).

From one Mari to another Mari, i am still mourning over Mari being taken away from us.
    Stormreach hasn't been the same without her, she was always friendly handing out bags to collect valuables and up for some chat and laughs.

Bring Back Mari!!

with love,
    Mari McMillan
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~
    ~ The Thieves Guild ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild
    ~And the Minions, Minion Monday on Wayfinder.~

Actually, for the green bags, which are handled by 'others', the free one you get from the Cannith Crafting Tutorial 'someones' is a "tiny" one. The one you still get free from the Twelve patron (with 'zero' favor) is the "small," exclusive one, which is also available from vendors. (But why buy one when you can get one free, just by visiting the Twelve representative?). And of course you can get a free large green bag from the Twelve rep, once you hit enough favor (or is it run a certain quest??).

And I'm pretty sure Mari never did give out the free green one (though "why not?" has always been the question).
    You misinterpreted what I said & performed a sidebar analysis based on that which isn't really applicable to the OP. I never stated that Mari did the green, I said that due to before & after type changes in the game that it was possible to be awarded two green bags of the same name which are both exclusive.

This is an example of what I was specifically referring to:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Bags

Update 9.1: Given free by Jeanselme Brucetius, in the Tower of the Twelve. Note that since they are Exclusive, you can only have one in your backpack at a time: if you already have one with you when you talk to Jeanselme for the first time, you will not receive the free one and you will not be able to try that option again. So, leave your existing Small Ingredients Bag in the bank before talking to Jeanselme.

Back on topic, Mari's return would indeed be welcome. /Signed
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    *snip*
    You misinterpreted what I said... *snip*
    Ah, yes - I see that now. I stand corrected (thanks to my Jockey® orthopedic underwear).

Colossal necromancy, but I just ran into problems with this.

I ran a new character on a second account out of Korthos and then went to talk to Brother Malden who gives the quest "Bringing the Light", I actually grabbed the quest with my main and then shared it. When I exited the quest I tried to collect the reward from him, and he said that I was new to town and had to go get bags from Mari Mosshand, and then gave directions to find her like she was still standing next to Niles Cage and Brother Malden was still inside the Leaky Dinghy.

Even after I got bags from Baudry and Fizpat, he was still telling me this and refusing to give me a reward.

This needs fixing, as it will confuse the living heck out of a new player.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Bring the old harbor back! The new one sucks
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3