Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, October 27th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for an update to the game on Thursday, October 27th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This update will include several bug fixes.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 10-27-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Who knows maybe I will be able to play after this but I doubt it

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Manager
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Who knows maybe I will be able to play after this but I doubt it
    I have seen you make a few comments like this, but haven't had the opportunity to delve further into your issue. Get in touch with me through PM so I can get a specific understanding of what your technical issue is and ask some questions about what computer you are using, where from, Internet provider, etc.
    Join us on Twitch!

There's nothing in the Release Notes about red names and purple names becoming champions... will that or won't that see a fix tomorrow?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Release notes;
    Pet collars now properly apply on-hit effects.
    Artificer Iron Defender and Druid Wolf Companions are now proficient with handwraps (to allow them to properly use collars).
    Thank you very much, on both counts.

Handwraps can once again be purchased on the Auction Houses. They are now located under Exotic Weapons.
    Handwraps no longer take durability damage.
    Monk Damage Reduction on handwraps will no longer disappear after zoning or resting.
    Thank you very much, on all three counts.

On the subject of durability damage... that's incredibly nice and all to not take durability damage at all, but is it maybe swinging too far the other way? Yeah, I was not a fan of handwraps being eaten so fast by oozes (yay for being part of the group that got listened to for once, I must be ill or something), but I didn't notice it being particularly bad in normal hand to hand combat vs other mobs.

I'd have been more or less ecstatic for instance to get an everbright augment option (which other weapons could also benefit from) and a couple of named oozebeaters adding to the game. What's been done here is very nice for my monk but the concept of 'lore says oozes eat cloth' was not in and of itself objectionable, just the sudden loss of serious options that other classes get for dealing with them, purely as a result of the handwrap update.

Or is this a temporary fix whilst you work something else out? Or is it a typo and its just missing "vs oozes"?
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 10-26-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    There's nothing in the Release Notes about red names and purple names becoming champions... will that or won't that see a fix tomorrow?
    Oops, will add that along with these other things that were mentioned to me then I immediately forgot to add them:

Red and Purple named enemies can no longer erroneously spawn as Champions.
    Favored Soul enhancement "Ascendancy" multi-selector options for the new deities all may target the correct target types now instead of "Self, Friend, or Undead".
    "Death's Smile" cosmetic helm flavor text is no longer grammatically incorrect.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Oops, will add that along with these other things that were mentioned to me then I immediately forgot to add them:

Favored Soul enhancement "Ascendancy" multi-selector options for the new deities all may target the correct target types now instead of "Self, Friend, or Undead".
    Lol!

It always tickles me when your release notes have release notes. Or possibly a KI list. Not exactly sure
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Why dont add Reapers Docent? Slavers helms repair too?

I get that it's not in the fix yet, but is there any word on the number of "old" Handwraps that aren't working? Just curious if my collection of holy/disruption wraps from when Monks first came out are worth keeping (ir will be fixed at some point) or is it an issue that can't be resolved and i can gain some bank space.

this actually is a rather promising list. appreciated.

also, tentative question: given the draught didnt work for a while, can we hope for a few days extension on revels uptime? also cause it's pretty unplayable during weekend peaktime as the graveyard lags out and it bleeds into the challenges, too.

yes, i know, it bleeds into other parts of the game as well, so hate me for asking folks XD

Community Member

What about the crit multiplier bug Sev said would be fixed? it's still bugged on live, won't you be making it a priority to fix it considering how many classes/builds it's still affecting Cordovan?

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for an update to the game on Thursday, October 27th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). This update will include several bug fixes.
    Is this fixing the bug where in Search and Rescue, the collectibles are not able to be targeted?

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedar View Post
    What about the crit multiplier bug Sev said would be fixed? it's still bugged on live, won't you be making it a priority to fix it considering how many classes/builds it's still affecting Cordovan?
    I know quite a few folks who would ALSO like to know the answer to this question.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I have seen you make a few comments like this, but haven't had the opportunity to delve further into your issue. Get in touch with me through PM so I can get a specific understanding of what your technical issue is and ask some questions about what computer you are using, where from, Internet provider, etc.
    Thank I will try to do that asap but I have been using the same computer with same internet for 2 years without issue now I cant play at all will give you details asap hopefully tomorrow but with horrorcon, work, and filming my scenes I don't even have much time for sleep

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thank I will try to do that asap but I have been using the same computer with same internet for 2 years without issue now I cant play at all will give you details asap hopefully tomorrow but with horrorcon, work, and filming my scenes I don't even have much time for sleep

I am using windows 10 I am on DSL m computer has more than adequate ram and graphics card. I play issue and loaded wow and starwars just to see if that worked.

Beware the Sleepeater

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Headless zombies no longer drop treasure bags.
    See, now, I would've preferred them dropping t-bags that you could actually pick up... but not dropping broken ones is okay, I guess *g*
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Default Cord -- are devs aware and working on handwrap distance changes since U33?

Please let us know that you all know that wraps are significantly striking shorter than when monks were/are unarmed. Many threads have posted about this with the test data showing this as well as many monk testimonies. This is amounting to an unintended monk nerf and will be fixed in another soon patch update?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Where do you find this stuff?

And also props to Adam Driver, I mean how is he doing that with a straight face?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast