Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default U33 complete release notes (Deity Feats, Monk changes, nerf to Shining Through etc)

EDIT: THESE ARE THE RELEASE NOTES THAT CORDOVAN SHOWED DURING HIS PREVIEW, HENCE ARE NOT FINAL AND SUBJECT TO CHANGES

Full release notes, including monk changes, nerf to Warlock etc

Forgive the quality, it's just screenshots of the youtube link.

Last edited by Wizza; 10-08-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

That's a lot of fixes, new stuff, and revamped old stuff. I can't claim to have digested it all, and I haven't tried to play henshin or ninja spy to know if those trees are better, but shintao and general monk stuff sure looks better, and the FVS/divine stuff looks pretty nice also, if you have the feats spare on a non FVS anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Full release notes, including monk changes, nerf to Warlock etc

<snip>
    That "nerf" is mostly affect Epic levels, where Shining Through is not a problem. What a face palm…
    But at least they probably made another OP class - Monk. That will stop stupid whiny Warlock Threats.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

interesting, ninja poison scales with melee power. Venomed blades scales 200% with melee power and scales with ninja poison. So...any number crunchers?

The ninjas mainly get the weapon multiplier in their tier 5 and all weapon boosting affects any centered weapon (so WSS too)--otherwise nice boosts to scaling with melee power.

Various form stances got improvements and earth stance crit goes to fire. That makes sense. That is a good change.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    That will stop stupid whiny Warlock Threats.
    Optimist.

Why is this thread here and not in Lammania where it belongs? Cue the threads that are confused that the U33 changes aren't in live.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    Optimist.

Why is this thread here and not in Lammania where it belongs? Cue the threads that are confused that the U33 changes aren't in live.
    I will edit OP to make it clear these are the release notes from the preview.

That "nerf" is mostly affect Epic levels, where Shining Through is not a problem. What a face palm…
    But at least they probably made another OP class - Monk. That will stop stupid whiny Warlock Threats.
    That will make my caped warlocks shining through go from about 1000 temp hit points too about 666 temp hit points. While that may be a appropriate number for a fiend pact warlock, I am sure to feel the impact while doing things like soloing the end fight in part 3 of L.E. slave lords.. or tanking a couple of the bosses in part 2 l.e. shroud. Those are right on the edge of what I can do as is. The temp hit point drop will cause some problems.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

1) The Shining Through nerf is minimal in my view and frankly 12x was always too much anyway!

2) I'm not understanding the nerfs to Brilliance and Consecrated Ground however?
    I don't recall these ever healing mobs - Is it really OP that they heal Hirelings?

3) And Guard Crichton is the Kobold Assault Questgiver - The questgiver for Dead Predators is Acolyte Hestair!
    You've fixed the wrong NPC Devs!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 10-08-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    2) I'm not understanding the nerfs to Brilliance and Consecrated Ground however?
    I don't recall these ever healing mobs - Is it really OP that they heal Hirelings?
    I think this was done to fix a bug where healing NPCs would cause quests/said NPCs to go unresponsive and make the quests uncompletable. Just an assumption tho.

I think this was done to fix a bug where healing NPCs would cause quests/said NPCs to go unresponsive and make the quests uncompletable. Just an assumption tho.
    Well can the Devs look at making Hirelings and Summons accept the Healing then and just stop Quest NPCs rather than ALL NPCs!

1) The Shining Through nerf is minimal in my view and frankly 12x was always too much anyway!
    Maybe it's minimal. But they change nothing but Epic Levels (and imo for Epics is more than minimal)

It's just show, that Devs have no idea how made a proper nerf.
    I'm not native speaker

Well can the Devs look at making Hirelings and Summons accept the Healing then and just stop Quest NPCs rather than ALL NPCs!
    I'm not sure hires, summons, pets and such fall into the npc category.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I'm not sure hires, summons, pets and such fall into the npc category.
    I don't believe they do. They should be fine.

I believe this is the reason for the change, yes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Maybe it's minimal. But they change nothing but Epic Levels (and imo for Epics is more than minimal)

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

It certainly shows SOMEONE has no idea about top-level warlock play or how to properly nerf, but I think we disagree in who that person is.

Problem: Warlocks are unkillable in any content in the game, allowing them to bunch up an entire quest's worth of mobs and kill them all with AOE. Part of the unkillability CERTAINLY has to do with Shining Through.

Solution: We need to remove the unkillability of Warlocks. This small start definitely moves towards that.

Community Member

regarding deity based feats
    perhaps this would be an opportunity to revisit the all-useless Silver Flame Exorcism?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478391

It seems that Silver Flame and Vulkoor lvl 6 abilities need an overhaul.
    They were both lackluster before new deities were added, now they are simply not worth the memory space their code occupies.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It certainly shows SOMEONE has no idea about top-level warlock play or how to properly nerf, but I think we disagree in who that person is.

Problem: Warlocks are unkillable in any content in the game, allowing them to bunch up an entire quest's worth of mobs and kill them all with AOE. Part of the unkillability CERTAINLY has to do with Shining Through.

Solution: We need to remove the unkillability of Warlocks. This small start definitely moves towards that.
    Yes, yes, we hear that in many, many whiny threads about OP Warlock, surprisingly always without any video proof.

One person even said that will upload one... But you can guess what happen

So please, stop spreading this disinformation OR show us a proof.
    Until then there is nothing to talk about.
    I'm not native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    It seems that Silver Flame and Vulkoor lvl 6 abilities need an overhaul.
    They were both lackluster before new deities were added, now they are simply not worth the memory space their code occupies.
    speaking of vulkoor, can we have SHORTSWORDS AND RAPIERS? as in DROW WEAPONS? 0.o this has to be an oversight, right?!?

ok sure, there may be somebody who always wanted to run a dagger assassin with cleric splash, but, idk, it might be a tad niche?

edit: somebody make a warlock nerf sucks and a warlock nerf is great thread plz, and then maybe the people interested could migrate over there? XD

Community Member

Yes, yes, we hear that in many, many whiny threads about OP Warlock, surprisingly always without any video proof.

One person even said that will upload one... But you can guess what happen

So please, stop spreading this disinformation OR show us a proof.
    Until then there is nothing to talk about.
    No one has to show you any proof as evidenced by the fact that the nerfs are starting to move forward. Just because you don't know what's gong on doesn't mean the devs don't, again, as evidenced by the nerfs that you are complaining about right now.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast